My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

13,941 to 13,960 of 17,885 messages
04/10/2012 at 21:39

Evening all and good luck cidlad for the race

Been awol again.. Tuesday I did 4 miles and last night 6 mile club run in the pissing rain which was a right laugh. Got soaked to the skin

04/10/2012 at 22:39

slow 5 miles home from work. took about 55 mins. trying the HADD low HR thing for a bit, see how that works.

05/10/2012 at 05:41

Morning 4 easy miles.

Cidlad: All the best.

05/10/2012 at 10:16

Hola,

Did 20 mins warm up, 20 mins of hill work, 20 mins warm down.

Bunnies, sheep, cows and 5 deer and one with antlers (is that the stag?)

Sideburn's run sounds good!

D

05/10/2012 at 10:41

8 miles in the dark this morning. Should have been 7, but I got confused about my routes and accidentally did the 8 mile one. Didn't realise until I was 2 miles from home and, according to my watch, I should only have been 1 mile away. For a little while I thought I must have been running astonishingly slowly without realising it.

Oh well, extra mile in the bank. Having a good week, this week. Still need to get out in the hills though - will do that Sunday, with possibly a short blast on Saturday.

05/10/2012 at 16:37

Baldbloke, did I thank you last week for your words of encouragement / motivation?   If not, thanks, very much appreciated  And following your advice, I did about 12.5 miles today.  It was fine.  I was tired but fine and it felt much as training runs have done for previous HMs. Hopefully I've got over my mental block.  So I have done three quarters of the 16 mile distance for the race I've got lined up in a few weeks. So I'm thinking that with 3 weeks to go, if I manage 13-14 next Friday as my final LSR before taper, I might give it a go.  I won't be anywhere near as well prepared as I'd hoped, and I will run like a tortoise. But I reckon I might be able to do it...

05/10/2012 at 18:21

A long run for me today and felt really fresh, only 10 miles but managed to do it quickly (for me at least) in 1hr 3mins. 

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 18:22
05/10/2012 at 20:34

Dunky, Nessie, baldbloke and birkmyre - Thanks for the good wishes  - Liverpool Marathon 14th October - just over a week to gather up some strength

Some excellent running going on on this thread - glad to be part of it!

Fri - 1 hour easy running on the treadmill - not such a chore as it sounds

Good running weekend everyone

06/10/2012 at 18:21

A 8.5 mile easy run this evening.  Weather held out so it was a nice jaunt.

06/10/2012 at 21:02

Helped out with the time-keeping at the club handicap (most stress for a while -- fellow runners, do respect the funnel at a finish !!), then did some intervals. 5x7mins at tempo pace (4.45m/km) - finishing pretty strong.

@nessie73 no worrries - your plan looks sensible to me. just be careful to start slow on the big day. basically the first 10miles will be a warm-up!!

06/10/2012 at 23:16

20 miler today along the local canal. Started at 8am'ish and it was an absolutely  beautiful morning.

When I started it was around 5 degrees, and I was running due East into the rising sun. It was very still, and there was mist rising up from the canal and a heavy dew left all of the spider's webs in the bushes glistening in the early autumn sunlight. The tow path was deserted for the first couple of hours and the few people I did meet towards the end were friendly.

One of those great runs we live for.

07/10/2012 at 11:44

Redjeep - that run sounds delightful

Sun 7.00am - 10.5 mile (83 min)

mostly easy run (with a little burst of effort) - the air felt very fresh and clean - it was a bit chilly to start but we warmed up quickly - mist to start which burnt off quickly as the sun rose - all in all a decent enjoyable run - I wouldn't mind the conditions being similar for next Sunday's marathon

dig in everyone  

07/10/2012 at 14:59

Similar run to redjeep this morning - not in terms of distance, but more the early morning sun, mist and heavy dew (almost a frost) combining to make it a really beautiful morning to be out.

Did eight very muddy, very hilly miles. Was hard going on some of the ups but I really enjoyed it. Didn't even mind disappearing up to my ankles in mud near the end.

07/10/2012 at 17:51

Windsor Half Marathon this afternoon.  1.25.53 time (garmin).  Nearly two minutes off my pb but a very hilly course so not too dissatisfied.

07/10/2012 at 18:33

Ran along the Portsmouth sea front, a nice 7 miler! Preparing for the Great South Run on the 28th.

07/10/2012 at 19:25

6.1 miles of Tempo running this evening.  I felt really tired before I started but once I got going I felt 100% better.

07/10/2012 at 21:29

Cusworth (Little village in Doncaster) 10k this morning and l really couldn't have picked a better morning to go for a run in. Was a pretty undulating course with one steep hill at the 1/2 mile and 5 1/2 mile marks. No prizes for guessing how they were tackled!!

Was ran largely along country roads that were still open to traffic but most of the drivers out had the decency to slow right down and some even gave words of encouragement from their windows.

Race organisation was very good, well marshalled, a good crowd at the start/finish but dissapointed there were no chip timings (not even sure the official times will be posted on the metres to miles site) and there was only a bottle of water and a tech t-shirt at the finish for the entrance fee of a tenner which is a bit stingy imo but hey ho.

l estimate myself to have got round in about 46/47 minutes as there was only a maximum of 20 seconds from the very start of the race and me crossing the line and the woman with the stopwatch recording my time.

Next up is the Leeds Abbey 10k on 18th Nov and that comes with chip timing so i'll know for sure then what my times are like and that is by all accounts a very flat and fast course so excellent chance for under 45 if all goes to plan.

07/10/2012 at 23:03

11 miles @ easy 7:38 m/m pace

08/10/2012 at 09:39

Having decided to back off training again until my achilles felt completely ok, I let madness overtake me yesterday and took part in the Stouport shuttle 10k. I didn't turn in a particularly fast time, but amazingly won a bottle of wine as 2nd lady in my age group!

This was in part due to the fact that there was a low turn out for the Shuttle. I've done it twice before, and usually there's about 200 runners, but this year there was barely 100. Must have been disappointing for the organisers, as it's a good course with only one hill, so good for people after a PB.

08/10/2012 at 10:30

Good work over the weekend all. SR - good work at Windsor!

15 miles yesterday as a LSR although mile 12 found me amongst a race going through the park I crossed and I couldn't help myself joing in for a bit!

D

13,941 to 13,960 of 17,885 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.