My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

121 to 140 of 18,362 messages
21/08/2007 at 19:23

Hi All,

Tuesday 21/08/07 – 3:55 pm – time on feet multi terrain run  - Helsby, Frodsham.

13.1 miles – 1:52:24.92 – 8:34 min/mile ave. - 1689 ft asc.– Mountain Bear Gladiators (2)

Jog Watch 2

Plan was to go out for 2 hours at an easy pace, take in some hills and enjoy the countryside and this I did for the first hour or so then I just died, so to avoid the hills on the way back I ran along the marshes which are dead flat, but I did this at a much faster pace, but before I came off the marshes I died for a second time and ended up walking back the last mile and a half.  Ordinarily I would be very disappointed with the stop and walk thing but I’ve hardly eaten in the last 2 days so I’m blaming that.

Still Happy.

Chris.

21/08/2007 at 19:27
Glad to see you are happy Chris - I have not run for two days - looking forward to doing something tomorrow - though may be the treadie if this autumnal weather continues - here's hoping for sunshine 
21/08/2007 at 19:43

5 miles from home and thru Bramhall Park avoiding the morning traffic, 36.31 though this felt like hard work.  Have been doing too many short runs and speed work I think.  I am on the RW sub 40 mins 10k plan and my race is the Boggart Hole Clough 10k.  Here's hoping it works.  Anyone else aiming for sub 40 10k in September?

David

21/08/2007 at 22:58

A steady multi-terrain from Wallasey and up and over Bidston Hill, with beautiful views of Deesside and Liverpool at the top; repeat, then over to Wallasey Ladies' Golf Course, back through the woods to the windmill on Bidston Hill and down through leafy glades and hosts of rhododendrons.  Over the main drag, then onto the newly-created nature reserve at Bidston Moss, over Wallasey RUFC pitches and back to base.

Bright, sunny conditions with a cooling breeze; muddy underfoot in places but there was little else I'd rather have done this morning.  Around 9 miles. 

22/08/2007 at 06:56

Good to see new names appearing on this thread. I wishI could do 9 miles n the week.

22/08/07 - 5.23m 47:44
After a few days off for feeling tired I struggled to get out again this morning and I dressed the worst. Long tee and running tights. Thinking it was going to be chilly, how wrong could I be? Very warm considering and now I've finished I feel ill. Big thing today was the wind, it was very strong at the first mile plus, then with it behind me for two thirds it was ok but the straight home was blustery, it hasn't been like that for a while, rains due. Yep As I ascended Hill Hill a few splatterings of rain hit me and as I neared home it was starting to rain. Upon finishing it was proper rain. Not nice. The run itself was ok, seemed to be ok, if a little lumbered but am out there if feeling like crap.
Jog Watch - 1

22/08/2007 at 11:12

cheers, HP from me.  i've been lurking for a little while and this thread seemed really individual and interesting.

0545 this morning, off on a regular 5-mile route around Crosby - almost flat, very quiet and just about traffic-free.  decided to pick up the pace to around the 10k mark but faded in the last mile.  still, only 10 secs outside my year's best 

22/08/2007 at 14:18

Lunchtime run of 5.87 miles.

Lovely sunny day, quite warm but not too hot to run. Taking advice from others on the beginners' forum I thought I'd stop worrying about my pace and just try to build distance slowly. So, rather than try for four miles in 32 minutes I ended up with 5.87 in 52 minutes. Still quite pleased with the time but more pleased with the extra distance and the general feeling of well-being.

A gentle jog around our beautiful capital city, taking in the National Assembly building, County Hall, the prison, the National Museum, the old Welsh Office, the Castle, the Millennium Stadium and back to Cardiff Bay. Regretted not being fit enough to add a bit of the waterfront into the route but it gets a bit busy when the sun's out.

Feeling very lucky to live and work in such a wonderful city. Especially when the sun is out. And especially when working flexible hours allows me to run at dinnertime.

22/08/2007 at 15:44

good effort, winstanley - don't let times and distances rule your training: it works the other way round.

like your description of the route - waterfront in a week or two, eh?

22/08/2007 at 16:59

Last run was yesterday after work. I REALLY did not want to go, so I looked at my schedule to see what would happen if I moved it to today, and it would have been a realy pain.

Still not in the mood, I put my kit on, thinking I will decide while getting dressed, and before I knew I was stretched, earphones in and out the door. Did my planned 5.5 mile round trip. Was still feeling disheartened for not finishing the 10K at the weekend, but then was deteremined to make up for it.

It's always the way, when I dont want to go, I generally have a really good run. I did all the hills without walking, and felt a real sense of satisfaction. I finished on a hill and ran faster up there than I had for the main part of the run. I then went inside and polished my halo!!!

22/08/2007 at 17:04

woohoo Bronnie - it's funny how the best runs are often when you feel worst! being nosey on your profile it says you are doing a 10 mile in Oct - is it the great South Run? I am doing that too; supposed to be a really good atmosphere and am really looking forward to it. I am sure loads of forumites are doing it and it would be good to put some faces to names if we get chance.

I was going to run today but have left it too late as going out soon. So going to do weights and core at home and make up for it tomorrow

22/08/2007 at 18:47

Last Night

2.5 miles 8:40 pace first run since 10k with GM in France on the 11th March

Result lots of pain and very upset

23/08/2007 at 13:01

Hi B,

I am doing the Cabbage Patch 10 - which is arounf Twickenham - apparently as flat as Holland - which sounds good to me.

How is your training going? Have you done this distance before?

23/08/2007 at 14:14

3 miles today. Gentle jog through a retail park and back to work via the flyover. The least scenic run I ever do.

First time I've run two days in a row. Wondering whether I'm better off running in a more demanding manner 3 times a week or whether it will be beneficial to run more gently on four or five days. I guess the only way to find out what works for me is to try both and then make up my mind.

23/08/2007 at 18:41
Early start: over paths and grass around Crosby Marina, closed because of blue-green algae. a wonderful rosy yellow reflection off the lake before taking the promenade to Crosby Baths, glancing at Antony Gormley's now-permanent installation, "Another Place", 100 life-size cast iron models of the sculptor himself situated along 2 miles of the beach - never less than thought-provoking and always inspirational. From there, less dramatic through Blundellsands into Crosby village and back home for 0630. A good 5 miles in glorious weather conditions.
23/08/2007 at 19:51
Just for reference  26.2 miles at sherbourne= 2x around the grounds and 2x loops back and forth to yeovil on the dual carriage way, with 750m of climbing must be the most depressing run on the planet? your runs sound much better than my last one??  
23/08/2007 at 20:22

Had a touch of hyperactivity Tuesday night so ran 4m quite fast around the roads cirucumferencing our park (I don't run in the park on my own in the evening). Odd for me cos I don't usually run at night. Was dark by the time I got back. Great run, could've run forever sort of thing, if the light hadn't been against me. Ran quite fast as well (for me, not fast for other people!!)

6am Wednesday morning when out on my scheduled run of 45 minutes and my knee hurt most of the time (I get knee pain, probably need orthotics, its all money money money though) but carried on because I'm bloody minded and have to get fit for my race in 6 weeks. Still enjoyed the run despite the pain and I LOVE running early in the morning, especially, bizarrely in a city where you get the magical feeling of the world waking up and grinding into life before your very eyes as you run.

Didn't run today although I should. Being sensible and resting poorly knee so that I still have my knee in ten years!!

23/08/2007 at 20:39

I had a lovely few miles along the seafront at Portsmouth/southsea at lunchtime (dodging the tourists!).

23/08/2007 at 21:36
My hernia scar kk
23/08/2007 at 21:40
Some great sounding runs there! My morning run was dull but quite useful. First marathon 3 weeks on Sunday and I had lost my confidence, feeling I had taken on something totally out of my league. Actually I have done a 22m and a 22.5 so can't be far out of touch. Anyway after very little sleep I decided to tackle it by just heading for the treadmill before work and doing 5m in 39min which is tempo pace for me. So its a final 22 at the weekend if my legs can take it! 
23/08/2007 at 21:50
Devon are you running your marathon on the 9th or the 16th
121 to 140 of 18,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.