My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

14,421 to 14,440 of 18,162 messages
14/12/2012 at 19:15

A very disappointing mile and a half this morning. I spent the night in Bournemouth and thought it would be nice to run along the seafront. Heavy rain and strong biting wind changed my mind after a few hundred yards and I came back via the park and gave up. One day I will get to run by the sea but it won't be today.

14/12/2012 at 21:13

Fri 7.30pm - 14km steady (62 min)

took advantage of a break in the rain and pushed it fairly hard for the middle 10km - hard week at work has left me feeling a bit jaded but glad to get this evening's run in -

keep it going Diaz 209

good running weekend everyone

15/12/2012 at 01:40

Thanks, cid.

10k tonight, nice conditions.   Around 4 degrees celsius and a little bit of wind and rain.  Had to take my gloves off after a mile, actually, which was a pleasant change from my hands going numb from the cold yesterday.

15/12/2012 at 11:19
Sweet as you like 17 mile LSR this morning. Missed the cricket for it but conditions were just perfect.
15/12/2012 at 19:10
Been off the group for a while but have still managed to churn out some decent training - still way slower than pre-injury today was a very cold 5.5 mile run along the valley floor in ankle deep snow.
15/12/2012 at 23:49

Chickened out yesterday. I don't really mind the rain but the wind is horrible.  So I went swimming instead, did 60 lengths. then today was mild so I did 5 miles testing my new minimal shoes, which was lovely, and not so radically different from my usual shoes

16/12/2012 at 10:20

The comments above about the wind? I love it! When it is breazy around here I run to Morte Point http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/aug/25/top-10-uk-walks-morte-point-devon where it absolutely howls; so much that you cannot stand up!  Last week it was howling round here so I went out there... lets just say one false move and I would have done my last swim! I went for a 20 km run round there yesterday in 2 and a bit hours expecting to get wet but did not; very spectacular! I like running in 3/4 length leggings, short sleaves and gloves this time of year (this is Devon). I tend to get odd looks from people who are dressed like they are looking for the North Pole. What they cannot see is the two survival blankets, heat pads, first aid kit, GPS and mobile secretly and carefully stashed so as not to bounce around. I am not completely stupid; but maybe some inflatable arm bands (see above)?

Edited: 16/12/2012 at 10:24
16/12/2012 at 11:13

SideBurn - your run sounds like a hoot

Sun 8.00am - 10 miles approx - varied pace

later start than normal - blood red sun just rising over the horizon - moderately cold - wasn't expecting any ice/frost but was surprised by how much there was - had to be a bit careful in places

rounded off with a steam and jaccuzi - not a bad start to a Sunday morning

run strong everyone

16/12/2012 at 12:58

Sun 16 miles 2hrs 59 mins

My longest run to date, up to Daviot Woods on the outskirts of Inverness, it was a little icy in places but not too cold

16/12/2012 at 13:04

Met League XC at Ally Pally - more than a mudbath, this was a genuine quagmire, which was slippy even in 15mm spikes. Plus 3x up the steepest part of the hill to the Palace. confess that i walked up the third time - fun hurtling down though.

clocked 41.56 for 8k coming in 349th. sounds crap, but was actually a slight improvement on the last Met League race.

16/12/2012 at 13:27

15 miles, felt very mild out! Nice and sunny. Lovely run.

16/12/2012 at 15:49

The most enjoyable run for a long time.  Drove back up from my work's Christmas do on Sat night, 200 miles away.  Bit knackered, still slightly hung over and in need of a pick-me-up.  Only one thing for it, time to put the running shoes back on.

6 mile recovery run (never has the term been more apt).  It was so mild that I ran in just shorts and t-shirt and felt totally liberated without the weight of winter running garb.  It was still and dry and I didn't want the run to end, it was just great to be out and feeling the last of the hangover ebb away.

When it's like that, winter is my favourite season to run in.  More of the same, please

16/12/2012 at 17:14

cidlad; your run sounds great especially with the steam room etc afterwards! Please don't tell me that the steam room and jacuzzi are yours! There are no commercial steam rooms or jacuzzi's round here! I would have to make do with a hot bath, tin of beans and a lot of imagination. Watching the sun come up or go down is always pretty special

17/12/2012 at 17:35

SideBurn - Alas, no. Three of us meet at the leisure club on Sunday - but your improvisation sounds like a plan  

Mon 4.00pm - 40 mins treadmill with handweights - concentrated on strength and form

keep going well everyone

17/12/2012 at 19:10

6 miles steady.  Cool but mainly dry.  Bit dull, slightly heavy legs.  Thrilling stuff.

17/12/2012 at 20:01
First 9 mile general aerobic run from P & D's 55 to 70 mile plane tonight. Subing Friday for Monday as driving home on Friday. 18 weeks of trianing to go.
17/12/2012 at 20:17

7.25 of Tempo this morning - actually felt good today

18/12/2012 at 06:26

3M easy this morning.

18/12/2012 at 07:51
Strangely Brown wrote (see)

6 miles steady.  Cool but mainly dry.  Bit dull, slightly heavy legs.  Thrilling stuff.

Was the stomach behaving itself SB ??

18/12/2012 at 08:48
carterusm wrote (see)
Strangely Brown wrote (see)

Was the stomach behaving itself SB ??

No further gut related dramas, thankfully!

Rest day today....makes me grumpy.

14,421 to 14,440 of 18,162 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.