My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

14,561 to 14,580 of 17,629 messages
24/04/2013 at 21:54

5.4 miles through the forest club run tonight. 

Like Baldie, I was with a bunch of women  Although we're not so young... I think I was the youngest at 39 and three quarters  and we're deffo an un-glam lot

25/04/2013 at 08:38

Morning all! did my usual weekly 9.5k yesterday evening and broke the 50mins barrier for the first time since I started this particular route about three months back! 49 mins 11 so well chuffed. Looking good for beating my best 10k of 56mins at St Albans 10k in a few weeks.

Also saw some other runners out for pretty much the first time since I started in October - I guess runners in Hatfield prefer to run in the evenings rather than 6am! Oh and first time out in shorts too.

26/04/2013 at 08:31

5 miles with 6x100 strides.  Sunny, warm, still, dry, windy, raining and cold this morning.  In other words, April.

26/04/2013 at 10:11

Out at 7am for 45 minutes: a mixture of quiet streets, Crosby Beach and some good quality trails.  V high tide last night had left wave-like images in the sand to catch out the unwary.  Was nearly brought down by a rudely protruding paving stone but all ended well.

Don't make this run your last run!

26/04/2013 at 13:16

10.6 miles easy this morning, half with a friend, the other half with the Human League.  Mainly very pleasant on and off road.  Strangely- you are this thread's weather vane  And like you, I experienced the spectrum of weather from warm sun through to fairly violent painful hail stones.  Don't you just love the British weather

I have a busy weekend ahead of major drinking Sat, then taking the boy to the BBL (British Basketball League) finals at Wembley Sun, no doubt in a terrible state... so am contemplating a Parkrun session and making it intervals tomorrow morning, if the legs feel OK

26/04/2013 at 16:49

Nessie - The Human League is a running club? Or just who you hang with?

Me - last night - 2 miles to pilates class and 2 miles back. Enjoyed running with a rucksack. Pretended I was in the army. Archillies felt fine so might try my first parkrun tomorrow...

D

26/04/2013 at 19:38

Dunky  downloaded their greatest hit album last night.  I'd forgotten how great they were.  Nice pretending to be in army

26/04/2013 at 21:11

Four mile recovery run.  Still getting a bit of gip from my right calf.

26/04/2013 at 21:34

10k tempo run, 9 days till marathon, just 2 easy runs next week.

27/04/2013 at 06:09

13 miles yesterday 1hr 28min happy with that had bono singing to me all the way very enjoyable. Mostly canal & river paths very pleasent even in the hailstone. 6 miles this morning alot of hill work. I think roger walters is going to sing for me today sounds awesome through my new Dr.Dre Beats.

27/04/2013 at 08:50

Nessie - I am slightly weather obsessed, mainly because it's so damned awful here!  Cold and showery today!

RH - Bono came on my ipod yesterday, quite literally just as the heavens opened.  The song? "Beautiful Day", naturally.

Today, 4 mile recovery and all set for my first marathon in Manchester tomorrow. 

27/04/2013 at 13:01

Strangely Brown, I am seriously weather obsessed too - plan running around when might be nicest to go according to the met office forecast (and work permitting, obviously!)

My last run was too long ago!  Itching to go out, but with half marathon tomorrow I probably shouldn't...  Last run was beautiful, 4 miles in early morning sun round local castle track and woodland - loved it.

Edited: 27/04/2013 at 13:02
27/04/2013 at 13:51

Strangely- I look forward to your weather reports  

All the best for tomorrow, run strong mate.  You seem very well prepared.  Forecast looks great.

Me- did the local parkrun this morning with probably too-sore legs from yesterday's LSR.  Did it as an interval session which was imprecise sections of jog / sprint then again. It was really hard so hopefully it did some good. Can't say I enjoyed it but then that's not the point of speed work is it? Not sure yet of the time cos i jogged there and back so Garmin recorded the lot, and results aren't through yet.  

27/04/2013 at 19:48

Busy week at work meant I missed a run midweek. Squeezed in a quick 8k at 5.15m/km with strides this morning. With a decent LSR tomorrow, should be back on track.

@dunky what happened at your marathon? Did i miss the result?

27/04/2013 at 22:24

13.1 miles along the canal. My last longish run before my marathon next weekend. Fairly uneventful except for two guys pootling along  in a speedboat, who seemed to get upset when I overtook them and so buried the throttle for two hundred yards. Really, a speedboat with a 70 HP outboard on a canal. Hahaha.

28/04/2013 at 11:59

6.8 miles this morning. The furthest I've run in a long time thanks to a terrible winter and hectic work schedule. Felt comfortable and gave me the belief that l ought to be able to get a HM in this summer/autumn which is what I've been aiming for all along.

Think i'll enter a 10k in the next month or so to keep me interested then look for a half around August/September time.

28/04/2013 at 19:54

Oxford Circus-RegentsPark-PrimroseHill-ParliamentHill-Hampstead Heath and back for 15k at 5.15m/km

Weather was a bit gnarly although the spring birds were making a decent effort at evening chirping.

In Barcelona next week for work...packed schedule, but hoping to get out for a run or two to work off those tapas!

28/04/2013 at 19:57

First ever Marathon in Manchester today.  Those last 6 miles eh?  What the chuff are they all about?

3.11.50, missed out on a GFA for London by 1.51 which frankly, i'm a bit gutted about. 

29/04/2013 at 09:35

10.5 along the canal, amidst the walkers, photographers, pushchairs, bikes and the inevitable dogs.  I wish that doggy people realised that not everyone loves them as much as they do and some of us are actually quite frightened when they jump up and try to play.....

29/04/2013 at 11:37

@ Strangely - I feel you're pain BUT 1st marathon in 3:11 - that is fantastic running mate. Seriously good achievement! WELL DONE!

@ Baldy - I did 3:31:30, went really well until mile 20! Just recovered. Have a fab time in Barcelona mate, not too jealous!

@ Redjeep! Good luick for the weekend

Me..

I took my Parkrun virginity in Cheltenham on Sat: Did it in 22:14 with a 2.5 jog there and back. 6.5 miles easy this morning. Injury seems to have disappeard so I'll be adopting a bit of a less religious training plan towards a summer half me thinks.

Chin chin,

D

14,561 to 14,580 of 17,629 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.