My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

14,701 to 14,720 of 20,987 messages
26/01/2013 at 13:02

15 mile medium long run this morning.

27/01/2013 at 11:56

@swittle - thanks for the tip - I didn't see any mizuno at the shop yesterday - but I am going to have another mooch around next weekend

Sun 7.30am - 90 min easy paced running on a dry but windy morning - legs a bit heavy but an enjoyable start to the day - as always on Sunday - a sauna and steam to wash away the debris

decent running everyone

27/01/2013 at 13:20

Another 15 mile medium long run today.

27/01/2013 at 13:41
Beatiful day finally ...decent .6.23 under the sun.
27/01/2013 at 15:13
12k run from home, along the Monsal Trail, including the tunnels, to Bakewell. Thaw was on but most of the trail involved cold, slush running!
27/01/2013 at 16:25

16.5 miles around Callington SE Cornwall. Very hilly, very painful. 2.5 hours. Now home watching football and feeling mighty pleased with myself!

27/01/2013 at 16:42

lovely sunny lunchtime run in central London. Oxford Circus-Regent's Park-Primrose Hill-Gospel Oak-Parliament Hill-Hampstead Heath and back. worked out at 17k at 5.15m/km.

first time I've heard birds chirping for a while and easy to see was a life-affirming day out there!

27/01/2013 at 17:11

13 miles yesterday - a PB. 12 miles slow today in lovely sun  

27/01/2013 at 17:31

Great day for running MLRers

5.2 miles for me today.  Excellent

27/01/2013 at 18:01
TidzaPete wrote (see)
12k run from home, along the Monsal Trail, including the tunnels, to Bakewell. Thaw was on but most of the trail involved cold, slush running!

Oh I LOVE the Monsal Trail! I've bike ridden the trail a few times on holidays, and done the odd run too

27/01/2013 at 20:39

After all these years of running, it's still possible to experience totally new conditions.

Today was mild, sunny, breezy and I was able to wear shorts and feel warm.  What made it peculiar were the areas where I had to run through ankle deep slush, whcih frankly, was just horrible.  I had to wring my socks out after 3 miles! Then as I went up in elevation, the fields were still snowy yet it didn't feel cold enough for snow to be around.  A slow thaw I guess.

Anyway, 16 miles LSR was still completed.

28/01/2013 at 00:26

Through the sleepy streets of Blundellsands to the Coastguard Station, and along the length of the beach, guided by shimmering moonbeams, with only a hundred Iron Men for company.  Quiet suburban backwaters led me home after 10.5 dark miles.

28/01/2013 at 09:29

Sat - 4 miles easy

Sun - 15 miles LSR. Ice gone. Shorts on. Sun even made an appearance. Didn't feel tired until mile 13 so getting a bit more in my legs now.

I did that thing of meeting up with a race route by accident - I was going the wrong way and confused a few marshals!

Good running all,


28/01/2013 at 09:48

Sunday - 10 miles easy.

Reading other people's timings, I find myself very slow at 12mm.

Oh, newcomer here. Hello!

28/01/2013 at 11:36

Hey desibabe,

Running is running - no time snobs here!

28/01/2013 at 14:17

5m recovery and the ice persists.  Sharp and unexpected frost overnight froze the remaining areas of slush as well as the melting snow and created our old friend  "black ice".  Very trecharous underfoot and made me grumble a lot of being fed up with winter.

28/01/2013 at 17:01

Cheers Nessie, Surrey Runner and Swittle. She was diagnosed with Hepatitis in December, she pulled through but suffered liver damage and was put on a special diet, she was doing ok although looked quite frail, then took a turn for the worst and stopped eating. Not sure if I will get another, will see when I get back from visiting family in Cape Town. I do miss her and getting out in all weathers when I would otherwise stay indoors.

Go carefull in this weather everyone, all clear in Hedon and Hull now.


28/01/2013 at 22:26

5k recovery. It's damn windy out.

28/01/2013 at 23:07

desibabe, I echo what DunkyD said ^  If we're part of the 5% who run, what are the other 95% doing?

Just a 9-hour gap between last night's & this morning's run  and it did nothing to soothe a grumbling calf and sore patch on my left foot.  Still, 5.8 miles and half of that with my run buddy faster than when we started.

29/01/2013 at 11:27

Where's the streak at now swittle?

6 miles this morning with 3 x 2k @ 7:01 min/mile - last one was tough! Could feel last nights ice cream slowing me down!


14,701 to 14,720 of 20,987 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.
Forum Jump  

RW competitions

RW Forums