My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

14,701 to 14,720 of 17,762 messages
21/01/2013 at 12:05

Mon 10.00am - 1 hour approx (garmin free)

Fresh snow overnight and a heavy fall this morning meant fun run with the dog - out into the woods and fields for some serious snow/mud slipping and sliding  (need to find some good off road shoes)

Sometimes the distance and time don't really mean a thing and its just a case of get out there and enjoy - At the moment, the dog is comatose and curled in front of the radiator

fun running everybody

21/01/2013 at 13:34

ran in the snow round clumber park sunday, was a proper workout on the legs...very enjoyable its quite slushy in parts where i live now, so made the decision of cross training on the excersise bike this week. safe running everyone.  

21/01/2013 at 17:23

Hi folks, just a short message for those who remember my posts. I had to have my faithfull old Staffie and running partner Cede put to sleep today after a relativley short illness after she was diagnosed with Hepatitis in December. She took a turn for the worse last night and was in some distress, our last walk was at Paull on the Humber estuary today.

Bobejaan....

21/01/2013 at 19:38

Bobejaan - sorry to hear that - best wishes

22/01/2013 at 09:19

Hola all,

Bobejaan - sad news, sorry to hear that

On a lighter note, this morning's run introduced a new reality TV in the waiting....

Intervals On Ice

Attempted 12 x quarter miles at 6:45min/mile with 1 min recoveries

Missed a third of the splits due to treading carefully when I hit the ice - no falls though so thats a bonus. Nice easy run tomorrow thank god,

D

22/01/2013 at 09:28

Bobejaan....You must be heartbroken..its never easy losing a pet..my thoughts go out to you. 

22/01/2013 at 09:35

Respect to the mad people out running in this weather; the novelty of running in the snow is wearing off for me. Have had some great runs along the coast path; but is it worth risking serious injury just to ease the frustration of not running? I am going to run anyway! I am just not sure it is a good idea

22/01/2013 at 09:37

Bobajaan - Heart wrenching stuff, so sorry to hear that.

My run today I found hard.  8 miles with 11x100m strides.  Either compacted snow/ice or 2-3 inches of snow all the way and it took it's toll on my legs.

22/01/2013 at 15:47

that's tragic news, Bobajaan. sounds like she had a great life though...

headed out in the snow of Regents Park and Primrose Hill for 7.5k at 5.30m/km...paths were pretty treacherous so went through the pure snow off-path and it felt like cross country...but worth getting out!

wonder how the chap on the streak is getting on?

22/01/2013 at 16:48

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts everyone,

Just feel a bit lost now. Go careful out there ! Am on late shift so the school gym looks a safe bet later.

Bobejaan..

22/01/2013 at 21:03

Bobejaan - I'd been missing posts referring to your ever faithful running partner - and I am very sorry you've had to say goodbye

6 miles around Crosby at 0630, practically ice free.  The Streak is a demanding master/mistress....

22/01/2013 at 21:44

Sorry to hear about your dog Bodejaan.

3.85 miles on the mill tonight.  Milage crashed due to weather.  Gym temperature was 19 degrees which restricts running somewhat.

22/01/2013 at 21:47

Tue 8.30pm - 2km easy / (8 x 500m with 1 min rest) / 2km easy

last of the slushy snow in the park made for a hard session - however as it was on a grass base it was relatively non slip

1st bit of interval work for a while -  not my favourite type of training - but it feels good afterwards

dig in everyone

22/01/2013 at 22:21

Bobejaan- so sorry to hear about your loss. I'd missed your posts.. it is a wrench to lose a beloved pet.. be kind to yourself x

Did 30 mins of intervals on the dreadie after work, which was better than a kick up the backside. Too icy on the pavements around work and too dangerous to go on the roads cos of school run parents in cars.

23/01/2013 at 08:47

5m recovery on what is now very compacted snow/ice.  Minor thaw took place yesterday and then re-froze with a certain menacing gusto.  All made for a very tricky run, even at recovery pace.

23/01/2013 at 11:13

8.4 easy miles this morning. Fresh snow for the last 2 made me slow down though!

Bored of it now. Come on the sun!

D

23/01/2013 at 13:28

Thought it may be a tad less chilly this a.m. at 6.30 but I was wrong!  The icy wind had dropped and most of the ice & snow was gone too.  5.8 miles.

23/01/2013 at 13:45

For anyone not aware, the good news for us runners is that the thaw will start on Saturday and the higher temps will be running into next week.

The bad news is, wet and windy weather will be the order of the day.  Alas, this is winter afterall.

23/01/2013 at 13:49

the best news is that the 15k cross country on Hampstead Heath this Saturday has been cancelled...it was a race i'd been dreading for months

23/01/2013 at 21:44

baldbloke - what was worrying you about the XC?

Wed 8.00pm - easy 6km woodland trail with Fudge the beagle - we enjoyed crunching through the last remnants of snow - a little slippery in places but nothing too bad - legs needed a recovery run after the increased effort over the last few days

good running everyone

14,701 to 14,720 of 17,762 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.