My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

14,741 to 14,760 of 17,631 messages
01/06/2013 at 23:16

Good work, JT.

Pleased to read of your plans, cidlad, and wishing you & fudge well

A 20-minute outing down to the Marina to top 30 miles this week.  My groin strain & The Streak are not best buddies atm....

02/06/2013 at 10:40

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...

Sun 7.00am - 5km parkland at a gentle pace - grass for the time being in order to cushion the blow 

warm but with a refreshing breeze - gave Fudge the morning off, as I fancied he would have wanted to pull me along - the long road back to running fitness is underway

swittle - admirable fortitude

02/06/2013 at 11:50

8 miles this morning in the sun.

02/06/2013 at 12:44

bit of a horror show at the Summer League 10k in Dulwich Park...it was hot and i have a bit of man flu so felt pukey all the way round...slowed and slowed before clocking a miserable 49.15...one to forget!

02/06/2013 at 13:58

My last run was also my first, but my first won't be my last. I decided to try this site's  0 to 30mins training schedule this saturday,  and began with a test run to see if I needed to add in a preperatory step, or could even start with something slightly harder than week 1. I ended up doing something between weeks 1 and 2 so I'm feeling pretty smug and self satsfied.

P.s. It wasn't as embarrassing as I expected either. I guess I was too focused on struggling to run to worry what I looked like struggling to run.

02/06/2013 at 15:49

Middlesbrough 5k race for me his morning. Flat and fast course in lovely weather all led to a best time this year of 22.05 which I have to be pleased with. Even if I was aiming for sub 22. Now on course for new pb this year (21.44 set 3 years and 2 serious Injuries ago!)

02/06/2013 at 21:10

Great stuff Splatted, good to hear about new folk getting started! (I'm far from a veteran to be fair).

Can remember talking to a couple of girls at work last year who said they felt self-conscious running outside...now one's ran two 10k's and another's ran her first half-marathon.  You've got the worst behind you - you made it out the door!

03/06/2013 at 09:21
Surrey Runner wrote (see)

8 miles on the treadmill tonight.

SB, Still on restricted milage due to shin splints.

Assuming I recover hope to do London again next year, have a GFA place.  Going to follow Paula Radcliffe's advanced plan next year.  Is almost as many miles as the P & D 55 to 70 but has a lot more fast miles in it. 

5 mile recovery this morning.

Good luck with the splints SR, nasty business that.  I'll be joining you in your aim for 2014 then.  Not sure what spring marathon (s) i'll do yet, i'll see how the London ballot turns out first.  Also not sure what training plan but my gut feel was to do the P+D one you did.  I did the up to 55 mpw plan so ramping up to 55-75 might be enough to tip the balance.  Who knows.  I'll take a peak at Paula's though.

03/06/2013 at 10:36

After yesterday's sand dune and seaside exploits, my face is closer to a shade of peach in colour but the 10 miles had quite a cathartic effect!

6am start today: beautifully cool & calm, the waves gently lapping up the shore under their own power.  Park, Baths, trail, beach & prom, 5.2 miles, with only a slight glute grumble.

03/06/2013 at 11:14

Good work all and well done Splatted for getting out there. Good to see Cidlad back in the game.

Sat - 7 miles Easy followed by a gentle Parkrun with a few freinds and Mrs D.

Mon - 7 miles @ HM pace. Tough this morning - sweating like nobody's business!

Chin chin,

D

03/06/2013 at 19:54
Hello Splatted.

Tried to go for a quicker run today so put my barefoots on. Beautiful day. Want to try and get down to a consistent 7min/mile if I'm pushing. Not really there. 7 miles in 51 mins. 10k took 45mins. Nevermind. I think I'd need a route which is very clear, not having to cross roads etc. to bring the time down.
03/06/2013 at 21:28

Mon 8,00pm - gentle 7km parkland 

Got dragged along for the first 2km by an enthusiastic Fudge - he eventually got to understand what 'easy' meant!

Good to have the setting sun throw some warmth on us as we circumnavigated the park - we eventually settled into a compatible rhythm - pleased to be out again

looking for a 10k to do in about a months time - just to gauge where I am in the grand scheme of things

dig in everyone

03/06/2013 at 21:35

8k 46:45 along the seafront.

Felt quite hard goin for me today as it was quite hot and sunny & I'm not really used to this, but will take it any day of the week over the wind and rain that we've had to put up with for so long. When its nice the route does get quite congested with walkers/cyclists/runners/skaters etc, though I don't think it makes any big difference to my time. Still quite a slow runner overall compared to most on here, but enjoying it all the same.

03/06/2013 at 22:02

Nice work all, including Fudge

Me- hills this evening. Hard and too hot for my liking

03/06/2013 at 22:20

Entered my first half marathon event yesterday. The Hanworth Half is relaxed social affair made up of 3x 4.4 mile laps.

Unfortunately, it seems night-shift working isn't the ideal preparation for such an occasion and I bombed out after only the first lap.

Still feeling rather negative, but the list of excuses grows each time I think about it.

Oh well, better to be fit to fight another day.

03/06/2013 at 22:28

T.S - don't over think it. Just take it for what it was, a bad race. Happens to everyone, just come back stronger.

My own personal disaster today was my second marathon, a month after my first. I came in 20 minutes slower. I've a list of excuses longer than my arm, but I won't bore everybody with them.

04/06/2013 at 02:46

thanks Redjeep.

I'll try and let it go. Prehaps we'll swap excuses one day.

04/06/2013 at 09:28

A months gap for a 2nd marathon isn't much redjeep!

This morning - pyramid intervals with 30 second recoveries. Tough going. Looking forward to tomorrow's easy recovery!

D

04/06/2013 at 10:14

Redjeep - you did a marathon on a Monday?  Where was it?

Cid - welcome back

7 mile tempo today.  Back on track with normal hard training now after taking it easy post mara.  Hot for 7.00am and very sunny, lots of face leakage.

04/06/2013 at 17:38

Just a slight breeze on the beach and bright sunshine all the way over Chaffers Rec and home.

5.3 miles with only a little discomfort.

14,741 to 14,760 of 17,631 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.