My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,001 to 15,020 of 18,048 messages
10/03/2013 at 15:24

cold and wet in London, and have got flu again, which I'm praying won't mess up the Reading HM for me next weekend.

Struggled round a Thames loop for 18k at 5.30m/km. Off to North York Moors tomorrow for some rest and gentle walking ahead of Reading but looks like it will be seriously grim up there!

Will watch your progress with interest, Surrey. looks to me like both you and Dunky are set for big PBs

10/03/2013 at 16:59

Character-building conditions all round!  First run over an hour for six weeks - biting east wind on the trails & beach, then over Rimrose Valley and home.  A tad pooped now!  7 miles, give or take. 

10/03/2013 at 22:29

Happy mum's day to any fellow MLR mums.  I had an excellent day of brekkie in bed, flowers, cake, huge Chinese meal, and ran off a few of the calories with a short 3 miles back home in the  snow.  Then a great soak in the bath with my youngest, who's 4.  Excellent day

10/03/2013 at 22:42
Some good running going on here.

I pulled myself out of bed at the crack of 9am and managed 13.1miles. Pretty hard to start with as it was wet, windy and bitterly cold, but picked up a bit whilst I was out. The ankles still tweaking a bit for the first mile but settles down after that. Glad there was no repeat of the nose bleed I had when i was running last week.

Came home and made Sunday lunch for the family (shouldn't the kids be doing that?).
11/03/2013 at 06:02

Morning from a  snowy Erskine

4M Steady and not a bad run.

11/03/2013 at 09:11

So cold this morning that i swear I saw the daffodils retreating back underground.

I had a slight sense of foreboding about the run this morning.  I knew it was set to be cold and Bury had taken a battering by snarling easterlies yesterday which I wasn't liking the idea of running in.  I felt the cold in the first mile or so and even with the layers, it wasn't comfortable.  Once I warmed up though, the legs were light and bouncy and everything felt oiled and powerful.  The sun rose in a cloudless sky and it turned into the most enjoyable run i've had in ages.  We even managed a snow flurry from the cloudless skies but i'm still trying to figure if that was a mirage or not...

12m GA in the end.

Swittle - Fantastic to see you getting back

11/03/2013 at 09:51

SR - that is hardcore.

SB - 58 mile is not to be sniffed at!

Good work all.

Sat - 4 miles fartlek

Sun 20 miles LSR - found it tough, legs still heavy from last Sunday. Although feel fresh this morning!

D

11/03/2013 at 12:00

Was a busy week last week so not much forum time. But managed another 5 on tuesday, 4.5 on thursday and 12 on saturday.

The 12 was in 2:05:20 which is about 4 minutes faster than I wanted to be. Legs really felt it, the last half mile my legs fel like lead. But that said its a distance PR and puts me in good stead to beat my target time of 2:20 for my first 1/2 race in 2 weeks time.

Now the taper

11/03/2013 at 20:35

Mon 7.30pm - 8.3km woodland trail in an icy wind - easy pace - enjoyed the fresh air this evening

dig in everyone

11/03/2013 at 21:47

Holy moley was that wind cold today... It whipped me in the face and made it tough to breathe for half the route but still came really close to my 5m PB on this evenings tempo run. Good recovery from saturdays 12. Pleased with myself!

11/03/2013 at 22:06

Strangely Brown, so kind of you to comment   Have to agree about what my Dad would have called a lazy wind - cuts through 'cos it can't be bothered to go around  4.1 miles before 7am today through the Coastal Park & over Brook Vale rec.  A hard ground frost had banished the puddles!

12/03/2013 at 08:05

11.5miles the strangest run for weather ever, it went from sunshine snow sunshine blizzard gale force wind sunshine crazy

12/03/2013 at 08:24

5m recovery with strides this morning, 1.5m with a very excitable hound.  Very cold again but bright and sunny at least.

12/03/2013 at 09:21

Marc.S - I agree. Even wierder - there was bright sunshine and snowflakes, but no clouds for about half an hour - it must have been blown over faster than the clouds I guess!

about 8 miles for me with 4 x 2km @ 7:01 min/mile and 2 min recoveries in the middle. I took in the racecourse this morning to get some of the festival atmosphere - may be snowed off now!

D

12/03/2013 at 22:29

Tue 9.30pm - interval session for a change

1.5km warm up (5 x 600m with 1 min recovery) 1.5km warm down

short but not so sweet

good running everyone

12/03/2013 at 22:35

10 miles recovery on treadmill tonight.

13/03/2013 at 09:08

Morning people.

Cidlad - Very similar to my session.  Did 8 miles with 5x600m intervals @ 5k pace and about 1.5 min recoveries.  How's the hound by the way?

Really enjoyed it, dry bright and cold again here.

13/03/2013 at 09:13

Morning all,

Lovely morning here too - not quite as cold, bright sunshine by 7am - lovely.

10 miles easy - legs feel just about back to normal.

Keep it up all,

D

13/03/2013 at 20:57

Strangely Brown - thanks for enquiring about Fudge - he gets his stitches out on Saturday and hopefully I can start to get my running companion back into his routine soon after

Wed 8.00pm - easy 6km on a cold but still evening - woodland trail - enjoying the easy runs at the moment - no races planned but I may have a go at a parkrun next week to see how little speed I have in my legs

impressive running everyone

13/03/2013 at 21:09

Cidlad- sounds like good news about Fudge.

Great running all

Mine isn't great. I've done something to my shoulder which is very sore and I'm wary of not getting injured since a friend of mine had similar last year and had to defer her marathon place 2 weeks before the event... So a very tentative 5 mile club run for me tonight. It doesn't feel worse but not any better...

15,001 to 15,020 of 18,048 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.