My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,181 to 15,200 of 17,628 messages
17/08/2013 at 10:10

Last night I did my usual 7.5km route that I do a couple of times a week, with the uphill of around 2.5km, followed by a downhill, and then the last 2km are flat.

I have been running with my more naturally fit brother once a week lately too (though hes not used to running any sort of distance), and he came with me again last night. I am finding I am running the route faster with him. Its not that he is pulling me on as he is just hanging off the back of me a bit and just keeping my pace, but I think when there are two of us I seem to hold on slightly better when I feel I may be flagging momentarily, so my pace is more solid overall. I'll be doing the same route on my own on Tuesday and I will probably be a couple of minutes slower overall, even though I will feel like I have put the exact same effort in.

My long slow run tomorrow, 18km flat along the seafront promenade which is pretty much 18km end to end and back. The only thing is its a bit disheartening when you get halfway and you can see right around the bay back to the finish, where the large buildings look tiny as they are so far away!

Have a good weekend everyone

17/08/2013 at 17:20

"Kenyan Hills" session with the club on Hampstead Heath this morning. 45 mins of continuous hill running while the sun was still out. Good fun!

17/08/2013 at 20:50
Congrats 9deuce on a great 10k time.
Hurt my foot (again) in the last long run, so a test run today. 4.9miles in 38:30 and no problems. Absolutely threw it down. Shoes were squelching.
18/08/2013 at 10:50

Sun 7.30am - 20km (1.36)

breezy but bright morning run with friend on the roads - moderately hilly and at a comfortable pace

longest run for a while - legs let me know near the end - all in all a satisfactory outing

like the sound of the Kenyan hills

18/08/2013 at 10:59

7am today, bright, dry & breezy and great conditions for a run over the trails to the Coastguard Station at Burbo Bank and onwards along the Sefton Coastal Path, Hightown sandhills and rough paths parallel to W Lancs Golf Club. 

Back at Burbo, switched to the beach, benefiting from the following breeze which was whipping up white horses on the incoming tide.  Past the Marina lakes and over the road to Victoria Park.

10.2 refreshing and varied miles

18/08/2013 at 13:41

Another 10k run, another chunderfest at the 7k mark. Yet again, I was on for a PB until my breakfast reappeared at the start of the last lap...I really need to work on a better feeding routine.

Still, it was a nice occasion in Battersea Park, and I'm looking forward to my, er, 10-mile cooldown run on Hampstead Heath this evening....

Cidlad and Swittle are tempting me to head up to the Liverpool/Lancashire some time for some coastal running...sounds lovely up there

18/08/2013 at 20:18

12k easy run home tonight (10 miles was optimistic!)...the way evening sunlight strikes the Albert Memorial in Hyde Park is really beautiful!

18/08/2013 at 22:40

Hello all

Got back from France late last night after a fantastic week of eating, drinking and not much else.  Like Redjeep, I did fit in a couple of runs but unlike him I was absolutely crap and found the dry heat hard going, although the scenery was absolutely stunning- sunflower fields and not much else Also great cycling weather and we did plenty of pootling around the area with trailgator and 5 year old, and slightly stroppy tween in tow. 

It's my 40th today and I have celebrated with a breakfast cooked by said 12 year old son, a hills session and an enormous Sardinian meal with loads of prosecco.  I may now halt my feasting and drinking for another week before my party

19/08/2013 at 08:19

Nessie - sounds like a fabulous break to me and hope you had a great birthday yesterday.  Again, congratulations on your landmark

8 miles GA today.  Had a very large fly adhere itself to the back of my throat two thirds of the way in.  I'm not sure which one of us was the most unhappy at this new development in our lives.

19/08/2013 at 09:25

Happy Birthday Nessie and good weekend running all.

5 miles easy for me this morning. Nice.

Chin chin,

D

19/08/2013 at 11:04

Nessie - birthday greetings

Mon 9.00am - 6km on the freshly mowed park grass - very springy underfoot - Fudge seemed to enjoy the run despite some doggy distractions

for all those interested in sampling the delights of the northwest Riviera:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-23716419

19/08/2013 at 12:20

Yesterday I recce'd the Threshold Winter series Course in Ilmington - 10.2km (with. 636ft in elev gain!!!!!!) in 50mins at about 85-90% max effort. 

Was hoping for 45min but its a tough course and I didn't thrash it too hard. 

19/08/2013 at 16:09

11 mile yesterday bit of off road and road running - some hills did it in 1hr 44 mins (stopped to stroke a horse in a fieled by the roadside)! 

19/08/2013 at 20:12

Happy Birthday, Nessie! Hope you're having an ace day

Louise: I heartily approve of horse stroking - none on Crosby beach this morning, so I made do with some patting of friendly canines!

19/08/2013 at 23:24
Happy birthday Ness.
No horses in sight today. Foot okay but right shin feeling numb. Hmmm. Still, sprightly 7.3miles on road in under 54mins. Went a bit quicker than intended. Not warm.
20/08/2013 at 11:31

Out for 7 miles just after 7am, taking in Crosby Marina, the port radar tower, now defunct, beach, baths and local park.  Clear, fresh conditions and no causes for alarm!

20/08/2013 at 11:33

Hello and good running SCBB and Louise.

Intervals this morning.

1M WU - 16 x 400m @ 6:18 (1 min rec) - 1M CD

Bloomin' hard work!

Chin chin,

D

20/08/2013 at 15:29

Not been on here for a while so a little update -

Holidays last week in Anglesey, very hilly but very pretty. 4 x longish runs (1-1.5hrs long). Much lovely scenery and I've conqured my fear of hills.

Then got back home and blasted my private records - 9.5k in 43mins(previous best was about 48mins!) and my 10.5 mile longer run in 1hr30.

20/08/2013 at 21:01

Thanks for all the wishes

I did my beginner's running group at work today, with a great turn-out after the summer break. Followed by a short fartlek session for me.

21/08/2013 at 08:25

Damn and blast.  Developed some tendonitis in my right foot so been told to knock the running on the head for two weeks.  The new shoes are still my enemy right now.  Not the worst timing though I suppose as I am off on hols for two weeks on Saturday. As the holiday involves about 2500 miles of driving,  I should probably heed the advice and look after my peg.

Good running, enjoy the rest of the summer all and catch you in a few weeks.

15,181 to 15,200 of 17,628 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.