My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,261 to 15,280 of 17,265 messages
14/04/2013 at 21:49
Spring not sprung here. Overcast and very windy. The weather calmed down a bit so decided to go for a gentle jog. Never turns out like that. 6.85miles in 52mins30. Saw a baby bunny. Very testing headwind. Heel/ankle got a bit painful for a time but don't think I've put myself back any.
15/04/2013 at 07:34

Hello all,

I ran along the banks of the River Tay from Kenmore towards Aberfeldy in Perthshire. It was a lovely clear afternoon on Saturday and the run was beautiful. Some steep but short stretches but with it for the views!

The river  burst it's  yesterday so  am glad I go it in.

15/04/2013 at 08:12

Near perfect running conditions today.  Dry, mild, light winds but not too warm.  No hat, gloves or leggings, feels like normality at last.

5 miles with some strides, wished it'd been longer.

Have a good week all.

15/04/2013 at 10:28

Tried to do six miles along the High Peak Trail on Saturday  -  have been on hols so haven't been up there since before the snow  -  hahahaha!  Had to turn back after a mile and half because after running (?) through and over mid calf deep snow still on the trail for long stretches, we rounded a bend and hit a wall of snow higher than our heads in one sheltered cutting.  Turned round and went in the other direction but after a couple of miles hit another snow bank around 3 feet deep.

Hmm.

Sunday saw us down at Cromford canal instead  -  no snow down there!  It was a different world down in civilisation  -  strollers with pushchairs and dogs, people with massive lensed cameras, people sitting in deckchairs painting, ducks, daffodils, primroses, picnics.  Did 8 miles and saw more people in one afternoon than we normally see in a year on the trail!

16/04/2013 at 08:43

Hill Session in wind and rain.

Disbelief at what's happened in Boston.

16/04/2013 at 09:19

Morning All,

Brighton Marathon - 3:31:26 - was on for 3:20 until mile 20 then it all went a bit wrong. Was kicking myself for not clinging on for 3:30 but 28 mins off PB so chuffed.

Boston puts things in perspective, terrible news.

D

16/04/2013 at 22:01

Dunky-- that's an absolutely fantastic time and a huge improvement.  Well done mate!  Great conditions for it Sunday too.

Me- 4.2 very muddy miles in Epping Forest.  Lost (and found) shoe in bog twice

16/04/2013 at 22:17

that's a massive PB, Dunky...really well done, mate...all the hard work paid off...

track session with the club for me tonight...4x5mins at 4.05m/km with 2 mins recoveries

16/04/2013 at 22:25

7 mile recovery run tonight.

16/04/2013 at 22:27

Dunky - congratulations

Lilytoo - welcome

Tue 9.00pm - woodland 5km very easy - had planned to take a few rest days but couldn't resist a small run with Fudge

keep it going everyone

17/04/2013 at 09:02

Dunky - That's a tremensous effort sir, a massive chunk off your PB, made all that hard winter training worth it?  I presume you had a meeting with the wall though?

8 miles this morning, with 3 x 5k pace mile intervals.  The first time i've been caught in a proper downpour for maybe 5/6 months.  I got soaked to the core and being in shorts and shirt (no hat and gloves) meant I went from comfortable at the start before it rained to almost unable to operate my key in the lock by the time I returned.  Still shivering now...

17/04/2013 at 09:29

Thanks for congrats people - well chuffed.

SB - yup, wall came at mile 20 when the sun came out. Clung on for 3 miles in pain getting gradually slower then thought f-it and enjoyed the coast in for the last 3 miles going at about 9:30min/mile. Swore I wouldn't run another for about half an hour, then got excitied clapping friends in.... definately concentrating on halfs for at least a year though..

Having a few days off this week as achillies is a bit tight - then I'll be enjoying spring runs across hills with no watch!

D

17/04/2013 at 17:13
Well done DD.
New route today. Part of which was a cycle track next to dual carriageway which is not very picturesque. Got a bit lost. Nevertheless 11.3 miles in 1hr26 so not bad. Heel painful, but going out for a drink now to take the edge off.
17/04/2013 at 21:38

5.3 miles through muddy boggy forest this evening with the club. Excellent.  Great running MLRers and JT- a drink sounds an excellent plan

17/04/2013 at 23:12

Remind me never to do the same race as Strangely...chap seems to have his own personal crap weather microclimate!

as for me, lovely evening in Central London. Ran Hyde Park, Green Park and St James Park for 11k at an easy 5.30m/km

18/04/2013 at 08:54

Morning you lot

Weird I couldn't post on RW yesterday.

4M Steady run today in wind and pouring rain. same distance, but off road yesterday

18/04/2013 at 13:54

Hi all newbie here, my last run was the Honiton Hippo on Sunday, hills, mud, hills mud, puddles up to waist and a few rivers thrown in, this was my first ever race after completing a 10 week begginers running course, it was really hard 7.8 miles but i finished with a smile on my face (although I was last over finish line)  but it was amazing xx

19/04/2013 at 08:49
baldbloke wrote (see)

Remind me never to do the same race as Strangely...chap seems to have his own personal crap weather microclimate!

You don't know the half of it but i'm resonab;y certain it's Bury and not me!  Not always crap either.  Remember when we had that incredible snow up north a few weeks back (of burried sheep fame), 20 mile north, east, west and south of us were burried under a foot or more of snow.  Here?  Nothing.  A small circle with some kind of weird forcefield around it.  We get the weirdest weather but we have hills every side you look so I guess they're to blame.

7 miles GA with 8x100 strides.  Weather?  Windy again, dry and cool.

Probably won't get the chance to post tomorrow so best of luck to all those doing the VLM.  Surrey - go nail that sub 3!

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 08:49
19/04/2013 at 09:16

Morning

Just went out  as sun just breaking through clouds. Hill session x 6.Jog down recovery. Mile Warm Up and Down. Bright, but cold.

19/04/2013 at 13:02

9.3 miles along the canal this morning. My first LSR on my own for a good few months, and I quite enjoyed the solitude.

Edit to say: if I don't get on here before Sunday, run strong on Sunday SR... best of luck mate you seem ready

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 13:06
15,261 to 15,280 of 17,265 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.