My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,641 to 15,660 of 17,265 messages
20/06/2013 at 23:57

club 5k champs in Battersea Park tonight. got caught in traffic, had to run to the start in work clothes, then change in double-quick time with everyone waiting, so I was knackered at the start and no time for a proper warm-up. predictably, race itself was poor: went off too fast and lost to people I normally beat. On the plus side, lovely chat with lovely people afterwards.

dunky- our coach told me the only route to a fast 5k is the hard slog of intervals plus also a shedload of hillsprints each week (the latter for better form and strength).

21/06/2013 at 06:25

morning

4M Easy/Steady, recovery run. Warm, dry,

Okay run

baldbloke: Some pre race for you !

21/06/2013 at 08:31

Hard luck Bladbloke, doesn't sound like you had great prep though.

JT - Like Dunky, I have a lot of admiration for the miles you're putting in with no end goal.  I also find running a great pleasure and would be happy to run juat for the sake of it but maybe not quite as far as you go.  I'll never not run.  I also love racing too and am one of these people who get a perverse pleasure from the really hard stuff in training.  I like pushing myself, self discovery and all that.

Thanks for the good luck messages but unfortunately, the Warrington 10k didn't quite go to plan.  Missed my PB by 40 seconds.  Lots went wrong that didn't need to and lessons were learned.  On and on.

5m recovery run this morning.

Edited: 21/06/2013 at 09:21
21/06/2013 at 13:58

3 mile dinner hour Hideous Hill is getting easier.  Well, less hideous anyway.  Just wish I didn't get back to work as pink as my Mencap shocking pink running vest for the rest of the afternoon.

22/06/2013 at 06:43

Morning 45mins steadily done. Okay run. Took a while to get fully going though.

22/06/2013 at 14:13

Impromptu half hour run on the beach while car tyre was fixed, trying to beat a strong incoming tide - tide won and I resorted to the prom   Squally showers made for a moist journey home....

22/06/2013 at 17:57

Sat 4.00pm

1km w/u - (8 x 500 with 90 sec recovery) - 2km w/d

never my favourite type of session - but it has to be done if I want to improve - like baldbloke says... intervals and hillwork will get you pb's - there is no shortcut through the pain

run strong everyone

22/06/2013 at 19:46

10k easy pace today (rain, strong wind & lots of sand was swallowed, but it did brighten up a bit).

Did intend on an even easier pace as I was planning on a slow 7:30 p/km, but averaged at 6:30, but as the distance of my long run builds up I will be trying more to get it slower. The pace calculator says my LSR  should be between 7:057:55 p/km.  To explain, this was my LSR as I have just started focussing my training for a 10k so building up to 20k for my weekly LSR, so going to add 2k to this each week.

22/06/2013 at 20:39

SB- sorry to hear you missed your PB so closely.

Baldie- onwards and upwards. Sometimes things conspire against you.

Me- did a running leaders' course yesterday as I seem to have volunteered myself to run a beginners' running group at work as part of a health and well-being initiative, leading to a 5k race in September.  It was really fun, and I learnt loads, as well as now being a qualified running leader  

Today- I have a crappy cold so just 5 miles very easy.

23/06/2013 at 10:22

Sun 7.30am - 17.5km (85 min)

hilly run on roads this morning - wind was howling at times but managed to avoid the heavy rain

threw in 4 efforts during the run - mainly on the hilly parts - two consecutive hard days isn't ideally recommended but felt strong enough - a couple of easy days to follow methinks

hope all is well fellow MLR'ers

23/06/2013 at 14:03

Cheers Nessie and kudos to you for becoming a "leader"

6 miles ga in the cold and rain.  From summer to autumn/winter in the space of a day or so.

23/06/2013 at 16:02

at last an encouraging race! I was dreading the North Downs 30k, but it turned out to be a joy...really liked the scenery and atmosphere, and I had a good run. It was the furthest I've ever been, but I felt pretty strong for most of the race. A blowup on the last hill cost me sub 3-hours, but I was pleased with 3.05 for 18 hilly miles. Trail races are the future for me, I think!

yes, great stuff, Nessie. congratulations on becoming a leader!

23/06/2013 at 19:39

7 wonderful wet and very windy miles and met up in the car park at the head of the trail with a young ex colleague who is a phenomenal ironman triathlete (3rd in her age category in Hawaii a coupleof years ago). I hadn't seen her for three years but she was inspirational when I first started running so it was great to see her and be reminded of how far it's possible to come in that time!

Well done everybody this wet and windy weekend 

23/06/2013 at 20:41

10.5 miles this morning along the loop line in the wind and rain, I can't say it was enjoyable

24/06/2013 at 06:53

Good training over weekend

Hills done, hard, legs now heavy. Warm and sunny when out though.

24/06/2013 at 08:45

baldbloke - Result, fantastic feeling when you realise you've found your sweet spot

Birkmyre - Where the hell have you been running, been freezing here all weekend and again this morning?

8 miles for me today with 4 miles tempo in the middle.  I went a bit mental on the last mile and broke a 6 minute mile for the first time in training.  Destroyed it too with a 5.46 split.  Madness.

24/06/2013 at 09:15

Welldone baldbloke and Nessie. And SB, that is shifting!

Me - Sat joggeed Parkrun

Sun - Malvern Half. Was hoping for a 1.31 and conditions put pay to that a bit. Was rediculously windy for the last 3 miles so I'm pretty pleased with 1.34.11. Bizarely, I finished just ahead of the lead female so I used her support to get me down the last straight!

Chin chin,

D

24/06/2013 at 10:47

strong performance on a tough course and a tough day, Dunky. well done mate!

24/06/2013 at 12:47

Dunky - good running

Mon - 7km parkland - easy pace

tired legs need a bit of recovery so enjoyed a relaxed run without numbers - Fudge prooved a bit of a hindrance as he wasn't in running mode today - had to stop a few times to let him sniff the humus

strong running everyone

24/06/2013 at 13:31

Cheers dudes

15,641 to 15,660 of 17,265 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.