My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,861 to 15,880 of 18,490 messages
31/07/2013 at 07:45

Warm and sunny one again up here

3M Steady mostly off road, legs getting used to being back out.

31/07/2013 at 10:18

Nessie - good work leader!

Wish I had the same conditions as Simon or Birkie - caught in rain this morning on a 10 miler with no vaseline on. Chaffe central!

Chin chin,

D

31/07/2013 at 11:56

Did 5.4 miles this am and watched the super cool 3D rerun of the route that's on www.mapmyrun.com - made me feel great when I could see how far that is! 

Edited: 31/07/2013 at 11:58
31/07/2013 at 17:31

DD- Dunno about chafe central, my runs are more like chuff central boom boom! You know I have a puerile and immature sense of humour

This morning found myself in the enviable position of both kids being out and about for an hour and a half, so I snuck in a run, around 7-8 miles in the end I think

31/07/2013 at 19:27

I did   11 miles on monday night(long run for me) just a plod really 1hr.39min..one of my long runs for loch ness marathon..

31/07/2013 at 19:51

Not as humid as forecast first thing: run buddy & I stuck to the trails and headed further down the beach.  As we passed the Marina, we were hailed by the manic shouts of a bather, possibly with a few issues.  In 20 years, I've never seen anyone swimming there

01/08/2013 at 06:54

Morning and it's pouring down  !

3.5M Steady run in the rain

01/08/2013 at 10:23

Woke up with calf cramp in the night, agony, must have been having a wierd dream so skipped a run this morning.

Nessie - I hope you mean like a train

01/08/2013 at 16:15

Finally got out again.  Had nearly a week away from running.  We spent a lovely 4 days in London being all tourist like and it came at a good time as my knee was becoming increasingly difficult to run on.  6 miles today and a notably sore knee as a result.  Damn

01/08/2013 at 21:25

Very good session at Kirkby track tonight. 5.7 miles of efforts. And my 5 yr old son Lucas came to watch , and he even  beat me in a sprint race at the end

02/08/2013 at 08:03

Morning

Warm and dull here today.

3M Steady off road.

02/08/2013 at 10:18

Gah - awful run today.  Not sure what was up with me but the break doesn't seem to have done me many favours at all.  Sluggish, heart rate was massively elevated, pains in chest, stitch, sweated like i've never sweated before and wanted the run to end almost as soon as it started.  Gritted my teeth through 7 miles but it's been a long time since i've hated a run.  I hated that one though - big time.

Oddly, my aching knee stood up alright today, only giving me minor cause for additional grumpiness on top of the general, all round grumpiness.

Much to look forward to tomorrow though.  2.5 years ago, I vowed not to place a single penny into the hands of Leeds United owner Ken Bate's pocket any longer.  I haven't attended a game since. My club has now finally rid themselves of his stench and I get to go back to Elland Road again.  I feel like an over-excited schoolboy, I cannot wait

02/08/2013 at 10:55

We all have runs like that, SB, often without any explanation - I usually put it down to (a) being quite old, or (b) trying too hard

7am today, easy going on trails to the Serpentine South, then quite a battle against a force 4 or 5 warm wind down the beach before some respite between the two lakes.  Running buddy off to Italy for a week - cycling holiday - so I'll need to locate my own motivation!

03/08/2013 at 09:41

Don't sweat it SB, these things are cyclical and don't follow our level of fitness!  After 2 days of calf niggles, 9 miles went perfectly for me this morning?!?

Chin chin,

D

03/08/2013 at 10:01

Quite so, DD!

Another 5.2 miles of trail, path & beach in bright, warming sunshine as a lively westerly drove on an incoming tide of foaming breakers, interrupting the birds' early morning breakfast meetings.

03/08/2013 at 11:39

Cheers chaps.  Same result this morning though, not helped by the curry I had last night wanting to make itself known for a second time.  Maybe i'm fighting a virus off?   I feel ok generally though. 6.5 miles GA.

Good running people.  Off to Elland Road I go

On and on!

03/08/2013 at 12:17

Enjoy the match sb

03/08/2013 at 22:32

chin up SB.  This too will pass.

Me- 5 mile club race through our beautiful Epping Forest this morning. Last one of the summer.  Loved every (SLOW) minute of it

04/08/2013 at 00:40
baldbloke wrote (see)

anyone else wondering what happens to Fudge when Cidlad is in Almeria? can't be many long runs if you're stuck in kennels...

When I dropped him off at the kennels, I mentioned that we did about 8km a day on our runs - he just looked at me with a blank expression

Anyway....back in town, so I took him out for a 5km loosener in the park this morning - all I could muster after a long day travelling yesterday

already missing the morning runs with the sun rising over the mountains to one side and the waves of the Mediterranean softly licking the sandy coves to the other - running past the marina cafes which were giving off the aroma of freshly caught seafood - sampled the estrella damm, mahou and cruzcampo in copious amounts - that's my kind of warmdown  

Running in Spain is a pleasure I could never tire of

relaxed running everyone

Edited: 04/08/2013 at 00:41
04/08/2013 at 07:41

So, you're forgiven then, cidlad?   Often wonder how much dogs think or understand - much more than might be imagined!

You've had a blissful holiday & the description should be in a tourist brochure - welcome back!

15,861 to 15,880 of 18,490 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.