My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

15,861 to 15,880 of 17,751 messages
21/07/2013 at 21:38
Enjoy the Alps BB. I'm guessing there may be hill climbs. Congrats John on the very fine HM, and SB - even though you're disappointed, regular sub-40min 10k is a considerable ability. I am envious.

A quickish run today as it was milder, but pretty humid. All on road 7.5miles in 54mins. 10k distance came in at the usual 45mins. Last mile quicker than the first so a slightly better time in there somewhere. Pace felt comfortable so happy with it, particularly after plodding about in the heat. Managed to poke myself the eye. Bloody hurt.
Edited: 21/07/2013 at 21:42
22/07/2013 at 08:25

Good work all and have a fab trip baldbloke. 16 miles for me, first half steady, second half easy. Taking a few days off now to recharge and see if I come back fresher. 

Chin chin,

D

22/07/2013 at 10:07

Went out yesterday at about 5pm for a 4 miler, was ok, tried the same saterday but just couldn't get round! Too hot at around 3 in the afternoon!  So for the first time in about 6 months I didn't to a long run at the weekend, but been doing 2 x 10k during the week which is a step up for me.

22/07/2013 at 15:21

11 miles to Blundellsands, Burbo Bank & Hightown just after 7am, returning only feet from a gently incoming tide and avoiding the sea fishing tackle by the coastguards'

0630  Running bud back in action - just half an hour, nice n steady, over the coastal park near the Marina and over Chaffers rec.  I popped 50% more - 'cos I could!

22/07/2013 at 18:41

anyone else wondering what happens to Fudge when Cidlad is in Almeria? can't be many long runs if you're stuck in kennels...

22/07/2013 at 22:28

Hills session this evening.  Very very hot and humid (still around 33 degrees) but did it.  So pleased. Although in a new version of twatty heckles, some teenager came and ran just in front of me and videoed it, shouting "she's chasing me!".  Major sense of humour bypass for me...

23/07/2013 at 12:22

Stupidly humid here in London, but after the storms of last night, running conditions are slightly better than yesterday.  8 miles along the River Lea for me this morning.  Pretty tough.

23/07/2013 at 12:26

Rain & some thunder & lightning to go with 5.2 miles at 6.30am today.  Similar route to y'day.

23/07/2013 at 23:22
Missed the rain and went for another late evening run. Feeling lethargic last couple of days so pleased I got myself out. Warm and humid. Just over 10miles in 1hr17. Felt a bit jaded and couldn't seem to stop slowing after a few miles. Picked up again though toward the end. Must have a shave.
24/07/2013 at 08:36

Morning running people.

JT - cheers but I guess whatever level you run at, you're always wanting to go faster.  If you're knocking off 7.5miles in 54mins in training, you can't be that far away from those sorts of times yourself.

7 ga miles today.  Warm, dry but cloudy.  Very humid now the real heat has dropped away.

24/07/2013 at 14:35

Fresher this a.m. for a similar run to yesterday's

In other news, redundancy turned into redeployment at my present college after interview y'day.  I'm now Quality Facilitator: Equality & Diversity   Even in my 60th year, I believe I've some more to give to FE & HE.  Time will tell....

24/07/2013 at 23:12

Much cooler tonight, but still warm & pleasant, and then the heavens opened mid run! It was axquite welcome change though to be fair, but I hope it gets back to nice & sunny sharpish!

A 7km run at my 10k pace tonight (first 2.5km is a fairly steep uphill section). I've been doing this route twice in the mid week for a few weeks & I really enjoy it. Was my first run after a very heavy stag weekend but was finally feeling human again today and the run went really well.

24/07/2013 at 23:21

Great news swittle... I too work in a college.  Interesting / challenging job for you ahead

Me- 6 miles club run through hot Epping forest.  Was a bit of a wimp

25/07/2013 at 08:09

Swittel -   Well played sir, wish you great luck with the new direction

Just a 5m plod today.  Little bit of pain in the knee still after the change of footware so taking it easy at the minute.

25/07/2013 at 10:10

Many thanks, Nessie and SB    With the uncertainty over, tiredness dogged my steps yesterday but Merseyside was looking its best as run buddy & I enjoyed warm, breezy, sunny weather at 7am for 30 and 45 minutes respectively.

26/07/2013 at 20:22
Good news Swittle, must be a weight off.
15.15miles on road in my vivobarefoots. Don't normally wear them for longer runs. Could have done with socks though as the base of my feet were sore at the end. Wore a new tee as well and my nipples also a bit sore. Have put a bit of aloe vera gel on them. Just over 2hrs. Lovely warm day.
27/07/2013 at 10:02

Much appreciated, JT

How do you find the minimalist approach?

7:15am Knocked a minute off last Saturday's 5.2 mile time  but I'm sure it *felt* faster....  From the park to Crosby Baths, then trails up Burbo Bank, u-turning at the coastguard station and enjoying firm sand, a light breeze and the warmth in my aged bones!

27/07/2013 at 21:35
Happiest in minimal shoes swit. Seem to suit me and don't like running in anything too cushioned or with a high drop. So out again today in some NB minimus/minibus trails. 19.6 miles, some off-road but mainly country lanes. Heated up and got tough by the end after yesterday's run. Wasn't actively tracking pace but round in 2hr37 and a bit. Happy with that.

Saw a crow eating the entrails of a baby bunny, lots of sheep, and a boy horse. Very definitely a boy. Speaking of which going through a gate didn't notice the metal bar sticking out at groin height. Avoided clattering myself in the balls as my penis got in the way.
27/07/2013 at 22:10

Did the Swiss Alpine 42k in Davos. My first marathon and a mindblowing experience...scenery was awesome and it is a really inspiring event...future for me is definitely long runs, preferably in places as beautiful as the Alps...time was slow, but it was 30 degrees and there were a couple of huge ascents...and one of the great things about trail marathons is it's not about the clock anyway!

28/07/2013 at 11:05

8.5 miles this morning with one of my club members, easy going 8 1/2 mins per mile pace. Was hotter than I was expecting though

15,861 to 15,880 of 17,751 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.