My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

17,041 to 17,060 of 17,283 messages
08/03/2014 at 05:02

LSH - ouch!

Yesterday - 5 miles easy. Spotted 4 magpies on the around the boating lake - could Dinky be a lad?!? SB - due week tomorrow son any time soon!

Chin chin, 

D

08/03/2014 at 12:13

Another eight miles this morning.  Have lost a lot of fitness over the last year.  This time last year I would have barely broken sweat running eight miles at 7.34 pace, now I am nearly exhausted.  Being a stone heavier may have something to do with it.

08/03/2014 at 19:51

Surrey Runner - It'll all come back sooner than you think, just keep at it!

Pulled a muscle after Tuesdays session at the track so been resting and icing it, did my first run since then, a 10k at 42:55, muscle feels fine now so think iv'e recovered from that!

08/03/2014 at 21:13

Wot Adam said, SR ^  ....and a cracking time for your 10K, Adam

After 1300 miles going where no road shoe ought ever to go, I broke some Adidas Supernova pumps and showed them what was in store.... 5.2 miles of night running in the coastal park, round the Marina and a 'goodnight' to the Iron Men!

08/03/2014 at 21:25

SR- keep at it mate.

DD- exciting times... hope s/he arrives close to the due date, keep us updated

Me- did our club 10 mile cross country race today, The Orion Mercury. Apparently the forest is the muddiest it's been for this race in about 35 years.  And no one told me about the bloody hills!  They don;t stop and looking at my Garmin I gained 800 feet.. the hills were mental anyway.. Cue loads of sliding down hills, losing shoes, covered in mud from head to toe.  A great sunny day and a beautiful route though, not to mention the hardest 10 miler I've every done... 

09/03/2014 at 08:48

^ ^ ...but not too tough for the bold Nessie! 

09/03/2014 at 11:49

DD - Bet you're nervous and excited in equal measure.  Good luck over the next few days and enjoy the moment.

Adam - Power to you elbow sir

Swits - How on earth did you get shoes to last that long???

Nessie - well done but that honestly sounds brutal.  You should have been prepped for them hills though

Went well in the Trafford 10k today.  No official time yet but it shouldn't differ from my Garmin which delivered a decent PB at 38.38.  I did my 17 mile LSR yesterday so very happy to do that on tired legs and gives me reason to believe I could have gone a touch quicker without the fatigue,  The weather was simply stunning, clear blue skies and smiles all round

09/03/2014 at 12:18

Aye, best wishes to the Dunky D clan!

Could be Yorkshire thrift, SB  - but I take 80%+ of my running off road on forgiving surfaces, so that may contribute.  Hoping for fewer niggles now...

And a v. creditable 10k time on perhaps the 1st half-decent day of the year.  Well run!

09/03/2014 at 14:14

Good running everyone, well chuffed today just cracked my 10 mile PB! Just sub 65 minutes. Haven't even ran 10 in months let alone raced it so looking promising for the shorter distances, just need some extra speed

09/03/2014 at 18:23

Accidentally got my 5k and 10k PBs last night in the same run. Slow first k and then went for it in the dark (turned my head torch off). Wiped 35s off for an 18:57 and then carried on for the full 10k in 39:15 (75s quicker than I've done before). Not sure what the magic combo was, but I think running in the dark (moonlight, no cars) helped because I didn't really know how fast I was going

Edited: 09/03/2014 at 18:29
10/03/2014 at 08:52

Thank you Swits   I too have a predisposition for Yorkshire frugality but am lucky to get 450 miles from a set before they are worn down.  You must have a very forgiving gait...

Charles, if that's a training run, that's quite some going to say the least....

6m recovery this morning, amazed at how fresh I felt after the weekend effort.  No aches, no fatigue, felt great in the morning sun.  Weird.

10/03/2014 at 10:15

i can confirm that the Orion 10 Mercury race which Nessie did was absolutely brutal...Epping Forest has turned into one of the worst quagmires I have ever seen...

hope everyone on this forum is well. i missed three months of running through a health scare and this was my first race back...talk about a baptism of hell!

10/03/2014 at 13:03

Hello all,

Welcome back BB - hope all is well mate.

Well done on the PB LSH.

Sat - 8 miles off road with some hard climbing

Sun - 12 miles GA

Legs knackered today after the climbs followed by the miles. Nice weekend running.

Chin chin,

D

10/03/2014 at 20:54

Good running Dunk

Nessie/BB - I am glad to be back on terra firma after the winters XC - do you both run for Orion Harriers?

8 miles easy for me tonight, legs feel good, feel as though I'm starting to get into a groove! 

10/03/2014 at 21:13

hello Baldie! I was wondering where you'd got to!? Great to see you back. Have you seen these pics? http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionflickr/sets/72157642051440885/ which don't really do the mud justice and make the course look flat as a pancake :-/  Are you pleased with your time?  I wasn't initially (around 1.52) but I realised after that all the usual rules about 10 mile times are out of the window, and I actually won the club handicap (as this is also a handicap for us)-- which I'm well chuffed about. Are you doing the Orion 15 in a couple of weeks? I'll be marshalling, but not running this one, the cut off time's a bit hardcore for me.

LSH- I'm an Orion, I think Baldie's a Serpentine?  I LOVE the mud, can't get enough

Swittle, SB- thanks for the kind words

Me- back to the hills, nice n pacey tonight. 8 reps

11/03/2014 at 08:47

BB - hope everything is ok, good to see you back on it

By eck, it were a tough session this morning,  11 miles with 5 x 1200m 5k pace reps with 2 min recoveries.  I was pushing it a bit.

Edited: 11/03/2014 at 08:48
11/03/2014 at 09:24

Morning

What: 45 mins off road on a lovely cold and frosty morning up here

Lots to catch up on.

11/03/2014 at 09:53

Great pics Nessie

BB - ouch!

7 miles GA for me this morning. Took in Cheltenham Racecourse to soak up a bit of pre festival atmosphere!

Chin chin,

D

11/03/2014 at 19:48

lap of Regent's Park plus three fast ascents of Primose Hill tonight...after my health break, i'm now training for the Mont Blanc marathon in June, which has a hill or two apparently...

Nessie - I will indeed be at the Orion 15 with a large Serpie delegation. seriously impressive time by you on that course though - it was at least as hard as a Half! i love the jelly babies the marshalls give out on the 15..sterling work!

Swittle - assume the streak intact...now into 4 figures?

Strangely - assume weather in Bury still crap.

Dunky - assume a PB or two achieved...

11/03/2014 at 20:16

Ha, no mate, been belting the last 3 days.  Can't last eh?

17,041 to 17,060 of 17,283 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.