My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

17,081 to 17,100 of 17,276 messages
15/03/2014 at 12:24

Cheers birkie

Did park run today and got a pretty tasty PB of 25.42  

Feeling *gassed" in the words of my teenaged son... especially as legs weren't feeling too great after a fairly pacey 11 miles yesterday.  I think I've earned a weekend of gluttony and some moderate drinking

15/03/2014 at 14:11

'Gassed' new one on me.  It's normally what happens to me after drinking Pepsi too quickly.  Anyway, great work on the PB lass, you seemed to have really progressed this year so far.

22 mile LSR this morning.  An hours chilling and then I shifted a tonne and a half of soil from the drive to the back garden.  All of me is knackered now.  However, finally, i'm in marathon taper

15/03/2014 at 18:31

Nine miles this afternoon.  Gut problems, had to drop in to the Tea Room at Old Windsor.

15/03/2014 at 22:27

Hola, 

SB - enjoy the taper! Good work getting there mate. 

Me - 3 miles easy contemplating new beginnings before heading back to the hospital for 9am!

Mum and son doing doing well! Almost went with DinkyD but settled on Arthur. 9lbs 4 and pretty big feet. They look like they could cope with some miles in the future 

Chin chin,

D

15/03/2014 at 23:49

YAAY!  Popped over here and saw your news Daddy Dunky! 

Huge congratulations, a lovely healthy weight and a great name I hope mum and son are both doing very well

16/03/2014 at 11:51

Fine efforts by Nessie - a shiny PB.  'Stoked' is a term doing the rounds at the Winter Paralympics! - and SB with a strangely  exhausting duathlon.

Really pleased for you & family, Dunky - a noble name too!

8pm last night before I ventured out for a rarely taken road run.  Cool but not cold and breezy near the baths but rather enjoyable overall.  Lasagne & jam bagels tasted ace!

16/03/2014 at 19:05

great news - congratulations on Nessie for the PB and Dunky for the new arrival..Arthur is indeed a name of legends...

but, that said, shame you had to miss a beautiful day for running! I knocked out a loop of Wimbledon Common and an inner and outer loop of Richmond Park…first run over 2hours since my comeback.

Swittle..I assume the lasagne and jam bagels were separate food items..although lasagne on a bagel could work, I suppose

17/03/2014 at 08:21

Dinky D is released unto the world!  Lovely news to start the week on, glad all sounds like it went well.  Congratulation to you both.  Good to see a proper, sturdy traditional name as well, love it.

9 mile GA this morning.  Mild and dry with no wind.  I over-dressed.

17/03/2014 at 09:13

Congratulations DD   -  nothing like it!  Ten fab miles yesterday for me along the canal towpath, avoiding the walkers, cyclists, dogs and ducks.  Still no lambs round here yet but plenty of daffs, celandines, coltsfoot, primroses and an amazing clump of white violets I've never seen here before.  Happy morning  -  returned sunburnt and hot.  (Note to self:  put £1 in pocket next time to get an ice lolly at the end from the van in the car park.....)

17/03/2014 at 11:40

baldbloke, yes, they were - I was trying to save on washing up!

Lilytoo - that sounds like a super Sunday run - liking the idea of the ice lolly!

Only 8 hours between ending last night's 11.3 miler [mostly road] and this morning's 5.2 mile effort [mostly not road] - and I'm fully aware of the less desirable effects....

17/03/2014 at 15:13

Dunky: Congrats mate

Nessie: Well done on the pb

17/03/2014 at 21:48

Thanks all

Swittle- ouch!

Lily- fab update

I am guessing Daddy Dunky will not be seen around these parts for a fair while

me- usual Monday hills. 8 reps, nice even splits.  

18/03/2014 at 10:41

Think again Nessie! 

Managed 5 miles while mum and son had some breakie. I'm treating him to his first bath with me post run - mean smelly dad!

Here's the little champs runners..

http://instagram.com/p/ll2zYHBqB3/

Chin chin,

D

18/03/2014 at 10:46

Forgot to say - thanks all for all the kind words x

18/03/2014 at 10:48

Morning from a very dreich West of Scotland

What: 45 mins off road earlier.

Why: I'm enjoying it

Working night shift again tonight.

18/03/2014 at 11:02

3.5 mile tempo last night, average 6.15 with splits ranging from 6.23 down to 6.08, so I guess I could re-brand that a "progressive" run! Might have been to do with the headwind first mile

18/03/2014 at 11:11

Love the feet shot Dunky, in the true spirit of the forum   Hope you're getting some shut eye mate.

5 mile recovery today with 5 x 100m strides. 

18/03/2014 at 12:00
Two weeks of easy miles on the training plan, and a few trail runs with the dogs.

5k race this Sunday, looking forward to getting more miles on the program next week.
18/03/2014 at 12:01
Many congratulations Dunky and family. Hope Arthur D and mum are doing well.

Still injured with the tendon tear I picked up on Marston Moor. Last casualty of the civil war...
18/03/2014 at 21:16

Freezing cold four miles twice up the stiff little hill to the top of the highest point in Nottinghamshire, round the nice statue of the miner looking at his Davey lamp and round and down the long gentle slope to the bottom again.  Startled the same duck twice, at the same point each time and saw a pair of swans nesting at the edge of an unused mine pool.  Lovely things in the most unlikely places   Planning on doing it three times next time to see if the duck gets used to me.......

17,081 to 17,100 of 17,276 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.