Nathan intensity

air in tube

7 messages
03/09/2011 at 23:07
ok so I may be being completely stupid here but I just got my Nathan intensity pack today ( I thought it would be a good option instead of a belt for my marathon training) but having tried it tonight I am wondering if there is a way to keep the water in the tube after drinking rather than having to suck the water all the way back up the tube (therefore taking in a lot of air) before getting to the water each time. I would like to wear it on a run tomorrow so if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly recieved.

Also hello again haven't posted in ages hope everyone is well x
03/09/2011 at 23:39
When you fill up a bladder, before placing it in the pack turn it upside down and suck the air out of it, this stops it from glugging and exhibiting the symptoms you describe.
04/09/2011 at 07:26
Hello thank you. Do I have to suck the air out and then before taking the mouth piece out shut the valve to keep the water in the tube ?
04/09/2011 at 13:23
I use camelbak bladders as i think they are the best, i just turn mine upside down as the feed pipe is at the bottom of the bladder. I then suck the air out until I start getting fluid. I then close the valve turn it up the right way and fit to the pack.

Another good tip is when you are not using the bladder store it in the freezer, as this stops bacteria from forming in it
07/09/2011 at 10:42
Thank you I tried this and it worked beautifully I love it didn't even feel it on my back can't wait
To try this on a longer run
07/09/2011 at 12:04

Just squeeze the bladder to force the air out instead of sucking.

I'd not thought of storing on the freezer Squeakz.  Though I use mine so rarely now it always gets a good soaking on Milton fluid before each use.

07/09/2011 at 12:48
I took it on my first run last night hardly knew it was there so much better than having a bottle to Carry

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.