Nauseous with hunger

When I up my mileage my hunger pains throughout the day are terrible

21 to 25 of 25 messages
20/12/2013 at 19:11

Could you be thirsty?

20/12/2013 at 19:41
DO 262 wrote (see)
Cinders wrote (see)

Why is fruit indigestible and why is his diet the wrong way round?

Why? Because of most fruit's inherent fibrous structure. What I originally wrote (but had to shorten because i could not post in its entirety) is that it's not the best thing to eat before an evening run.

Not everyone can have their main meal in the middle of the day.

Why can't they? OK, I'm being deliberately provocative and of course i cannot speak for everyone - but a lot of people simply can't be bothered to go to a canteen and buy a hot meal, or shove a decent prepared meal in a work's kitchen microwave.

Why can't they?

Because they may work in an an environment where a main meal is not accessible; where they aren't given a long enough break or their breaks fall at awkward times; or they may do shift work.

That's three reasons right off the top of my head.

20/12/2013 at 20:21
Another good reason - I'd much rather my main meal was one I had the means and time to prepare myself nice and fresh in my own home, rather than rely on someone else during my lunch break at work.

DO - with respect, you're talking about your personal preferences as if they're universal laws of nutrition, which they're not.
cougie    pirate
21/12/2013 at 13:32
My main meal is always the evening one. Its hard to grab more than a bite of lunch in work- especially when they schedule meetings around that time.
21/12/2013 at 14:57

My main meal is always in the evening - after training, and I eat fruit shortly before running, it gives me energy and certainly doesn't seem to interfere with running.

I don't want to eat my main meal at lunchtime - I prefer to have it with my OH, at home, rather than sitting on my own eating a canteen meal aimed at students.

To the OP, I'd say if you are hungry, you need to eat a bit more - protein is more 'filling' than carbs, things like canned tuna, or cold cooked chicken maybe.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.