Near misses

Unexpected hazards...

7 messages
11/10/2002 at 13:02
Just wondering if anyone else out there has had a stranger near-miss than this one...

I was on my warm-up last night, jogging up my road when I was almost taken out my a most unexpected hazard. Coming down a hill and out of a side turning was one of the local kids on a wheelie office chair, which he had salvaged from a nearby skip, and was now piloting with considerable skill and velocity. Fortunately I spotted him just in time to avoid being mown down, but I wonder how I would have explained THAT to work/doctor/insurance company???
11/10/2002 at 14:41
That sounds like fun (the chair that is, not dodging it!)

Kids round my way have started whizzing down the hill sitting on the footplate of their micro scooters. Doesn't seem to improve the steering capabilites.
11/10/2002 at 15:45
Must be an academic occupational 'hazard', PB...I used to be the Queen of wheelie-chair racing at my previous University.
11/10/2002 at 15:52
just dont try it in a wheely bin, no chance to bail out if it starts going pear shaped.
11/10/2002 at 16:06
This sounds like it's shaping up to be a new Olympic event:
5k Wheely-chair (solo)
10k Wheely-chair (coxed pair)
11/10/2002 at 16:15
Do I detect the tiniest hint of obsession here PB?
11/10/2002 at 16:16
PB, sounds a bit scary. Better make sure you have a stain-proof ironing board cover just in case.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.