Need 1/2 marathon running book advice

6 messages
08/12/2013 at 04:27

I live in faisalabad pakistan and have started running on treadmill About 7 months ago. Have successfully completed my 10 k run with the help of Jeff gelloway's easy 10k app for iPhone. I do 10k in 1 hour 8 min On a treadmill. 

Now ow I need to try running a 1/2 marathon. Need advise about which book to buy for information about running in general and 1/2 marathon training. 

08/12/2013 at 07:11

Buy a book about running a marathon and only read half of it...

Do you mean a plan for training for a half?

08/12/2013 at 18:13
Daniel's Running Formula is a good book that covers middle and long distance running. It doesnt specifically deal with half marathon, perhaps because its not a standard distance, but the principles are applicable.
09/12/2013 at 07:28

I do not plan to go for a full marathon. 1/2 is good enough for me. Thanks for the support.

11/12/2013 at 14:49
Qamar Aftab wrote (see)

I do not plan to go for a full marathon. 1/2 is good enough for me. Thanks for the support.

So we've already established you're a quitter, why should we believe you'll ever finish a half marathon?

Crash Hamster    pirate
11/12/2013 at 18:02

I'd suggest 'Run faster from 5k to the marathon' by Fitzgerald and Hudson; I think it's brilliant. It does feature a HM training plan and more importantly, covers the principles of designing your own plans.

As for half marathon? If the WTC get hold of it, it'll become a Marathon 13.1, in the same way that a half Ironman became Ironman 70.3

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.