New trainers post knee injury?

Divorcing my Asics Kayano's any ideas?

1 message
06/04/2013 at 23:56

Hiah,

Any ideas/thoughts about a good shoe post meniscus issues, please? I was totally in love with Kayano's for years but then discovered barefoot running and Nike Frees. Love the lighter/barefoot shoes and taught myself to forefoot run, but my knees do not love. I've been out of (running) action for about 9 months - (injury not solely due to running) it's been heartbreaking. But slowly starting to feel strong enough to consider getting back to maybe half of what I was doing before. (so maybe 10 miles a week at the most). I am flirting with: Mizuno Wave Riders, anything by Nike with lots of cushioning, (also read a nice review on a pair of Saucony's recently but can't remember which!) Or Brooks Pure line..I need a shoe that will support forefoot striking- I find my Kayano's don't do that very well. My Frees don't give my knees enough cushioning/support. Sincere thanks in advance for anything useful you can offer. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.