Tell us your new year goals
37 min 10k,
84 min or below HM
Sub 3.10 marathon debut in April
Will be a little behind you in London jamie but working just as hard in training so I can get round safely Good Luck and well done on your times. My best time in London was 4.01 many moons age
Give up booze!
Run 3219km in 2013
Hi, I've entered my first marathon. I'm running the Manchester Marathon in April. Tried to give up swearing a chocolate the year before - hope I'm more successful with this one... http://itsallmyownwork.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/marathon-is-a-four-letter-word/
Margaret - I am 65 too and running London....but there the similarity ends because I have never run more than a half! My number is 2540, and I have made a note of yours. How do you know which start you are going to be at? Good luck with the training.
Would love to give up drink for good but sometimes after a long week it just comes calling
Hello & Happy new year all
Have a couple of things (more promises to myself than resolutions really):
1) My running goal is to run 2,000 miles in 2013. (getting too old for any pb's so thought this would be a good goal instead)
2) Move house (need to upsize)
3) Take up a new hobby...fancy trying something creative like a craft. Might stick to baking cakes though! Seriously though... I think of all the things I did as a kid: athletics, played guitar, sang in the choir, creative writing, gymnastics & football...I'd like to re-discover my creative side once more
to do more measures to prevent injury (always seem to get injured) join tirathlon club and get doing some olympic distances this year, win the school cross country race and improve my 38 minute 10k down to the 35 region!
5k in under 24mins
10k in under 50 mins
Running 3 halfs this year for the 1st time, so enjoy the 1st one and then try and gauge times after that
Keep on running in 2013
Hi Matsmum in reply to your quiry as to how I know start line in London It depends on your time submitted also age.First timers though usually go to the Red start Fast/Elite runners and fast for your age go to the Blue start and older and slow and footballers plus celebraties at the Green .Elite Ladies also start at the Green but they go before mass start.At the 3mile mark all three groups join up and jeer at the other but all in good fun.Good luck in training have fun on the day enjoy. Just did my 1st run today as have a eye problem at present but hope to get sorted soon.
Sub 2 hr half
First full Marathon
- Not joining any full marathon in 2013
- Squeeze into Ultra training
- Training for sub 4 for 2014 marathon
- Run short races faster, 20mins 5k, 45mins 10k, and 1:50 HM or so.
Making running my strength instead of my weakness among triathlon in 2013
sub 4 hour marathon tried and failed twice
lose 2 stone
not give up midway through the year
Goal for this year, is to try and break 100 minutes for the half marathon. First attempt at silverstone in march
Run my first halfs and full marathons.
Sheffield half in may and Chester full in October are the two i've got my eye on.
Set a new PB in my home town 10k. . looking for under 45mins but I'm not exactly going to beat myself up if I finish in 45.30 or 45.10 or 45.59 for that matter!!
Happy New Year
To start running again last run before last friday was Sydney Marathon 2011, now 3 stones heavier having eaten so much UK chocolate as I had missed it being in Australia (Australian cadburys sucks) jumped on the scales on January 1st and got a big shock I thought maybe 1 and a half stones heavier but 3 scared me to death 15st now aiming to get back to 12st by diet and running aiming for Chester marathon in October and maybe with a following wind, training schedule and diet a PB
- To run my first marathon and make it round sub 4hours.
- Do my first ever triathlon @ Blenheim
- Follow up with the London Triathlon and sub 50mins for the 10k.
- Lose two stone in the progress and aim to dip under 90kgs for the first time in forever.
- Run second HM and improve PB of 1.45 from last year.
- Quit playing football as that's where I keep getting injured, and seriously consider giving up rugby. But continue anyway
I will drag anyone taking the P to a run with me (One down - Mr Tomkins is running the Brass Monkey 10k with me)
I will run at least once a week, every week of 2013
Visit the official Runner's World page
Follow Runner's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
Run For Charity
About Runner's World
Runner's World is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved.
Website powered by: Immediate Media Company Ltd. | © Runner's World 2002-2014 |