Newton shoes

5 messages
26/12/2009 at 16:05

Has anybody given these newton trainers a go then? What did you think?

26/12/2009 at 19:19
There's an article in www.joggbuddy.com about Newton shoes - someone tested it and wrote a review.
26/12/2009 at 20:39

I have 2 pairs of Newtons.

They are great for track work and fast runs on firm surfaces.
They slip on wet tarmac.
I wear them off road when the going is firm with no problems.
The AW (all weather) are good at keeping your fet dry unless you run through a deep puddle.

They are comfortable to wear, the ladies fit is gender specific.

Some runners  find that their calves are sore to begin with though I didn't really notice this. I got used to them very quickly.

27/12/2009 at 14:05

Cheers Runnaholic, i'll have a spy of that review.

Bikermouse what was your running like previously? I mean were you naturally a forefoot runner anyway? My shoes get a hammering around the forefoot and see little wear on the heel, maybe just getting a couple of scuffs during warm up/warm down. I dont like the sound of slipping on wet tarmac as its not exactly sunny up north.... i have experianced this with some of the nike range aswell, fortunatly it wasnt my running shoes but those nike shox things, really poor forefoot grip on those.

cougie    pirate
27/12/2009 at 14:10
I wore them in the summer - they did seem to give me a faster race than I would have expected. As they say - not good in the wet and you did need to break them in with shorter runs. I will use them again after winter.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.