Next Marathon

How long before the next one

6 messages
24/04/2007 at 13:56
After suffering in the heat on Sunday I finished in 3.14 which was 6 mins slower than last year, my training has been faster,longer and I was in good shape and I was aiming for the 3 hour mark. What do you think is the shortest time to have another crack at the marathon whilst I have the mileage in my legs.
24/04/2007 at 16:01
At least a month I would say, unless you're Plodding Hippo, then I would say sometime this week :)
24/04/2007 at 16:10
At least a month I would say, unless you're Plodding Hippo, then I would say yesterday.

;o)
24/04/2007 at 16:21
ha bloody ha you two

;)

John

it depends on your marathon recvovery rate, and what you want form the next one
at your speed-you might want to leave a bigger gap to do the nxext one justice

If you are really keen to get the sub 3, then id suggest targetting an autumn marathon
24/04/2007 at 16:27
Did you see the TV interview with the guy who ran London as Elvis? Finished in just under 3 hours, and is running another Marathon this weekend (28/29th April) then another 19 this year.

I guess he has mastered the recovery technique?

Geoff
24/04/2007 at 16:48
I'm in the same boat, after a sub 3.15 and had a shocker. Really frustrated and would like to get straight back out there and put it right.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.