Night running

21 to 28 of 28 messages
10/11/2011 at 12:32
pietzl chicken tikka is ok but limited beam spread, the energiser had 3 neam patterns/lenses that are good but the button is a bit fiddly if you want to change beam and you have sweaty fingers! I use the energiser on head and an a smaller pietzl on wrist for simulate two runners when running down a pitchblack lane out in the back of beyond and the wrist torch also serves as a to investigate spooky noises. Generally night running it fantastic withhead torch when your breath is lit up and you run though it ..
10/11/2011 at 19:06

I ran last night for the first time in the dark. Great fun. It was a very clear mild night with a full moon and a group of us ran 10km around a local forest. I'm totally hooked.

I'd bought one of the LED headtorches from Dealextreme and it was great. The battery pack fitted into my back pocket and it was very bright even on the lower setting.  I'd thought that the headband would be annoying, but it didn't bother me at all.

11/11/2011 at 10:18

Blimey Neal H - you sound more lit up that Blackpool during the illuminations.

Redjeep - yes, its is strangely addictive.

12/11/2011 at 21:12
good running in the dark I also have a yellow vest on aswell so I can be seen
13/11/2011 at 20:30
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)
......and you don't notice the hills so much at night! (No really! )

another fan of night running and I have to agree about the hills, if you can't see them you just don't seem to feel them.  (quite so much)
PSC    pirate
13/11/2011 at 21:14

be careful of deer at this time of year if running in the dark - it's rutting season

5am is the best time to run....

13/11/2011 at 21:17
Another thing to be worried about when running in the dark, PSC! And I imagine randy deers are a bit more hazardous then Jack Russells - can't push them off your leg quite so easily
13/11/2011 at 21:22
Just placed an order for an Alpkit Gamma. Looking forward to an off road night run as soon as I get it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.