Nike Pegasus+ 29 or Nike Pegasus+ 29 Trail?

which to buy

3 messages
19/06/2013 at 21:33

I do some light trail running and both of these are the same price, so was wondering which do you think is better and why? thanks.

20/06/2013 at 01:18

bump

20/06/2013 at 11:41

I've used the Pegasus 28, trail and normal. The trail ones have better grip off-road, especially if the ground is wet. They also keep the water out quite well, although if you run through a puddle you'll still get wet feet.

Downsides to the trail version - they're not as breathable, so you get sweaty feet if it's warm and you do a long run. They're also not as good on road, feel slightly less cushioned.

I mostly use the trail version as my parkrun shoes. I've also done a couple of off-road 10Ks in them. My long training runs are usually a mixture of road of trail (in the dry) and I prefer the regular version for those.

One other point, I recently bought a pair of normal Pegasus 29's and I'm not getting on with them as well as I did with the 28's. Gone back to the 28's for the moment, going to try a pair of Brooks Ghost 5.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.