No shower at work...

Alternatives to showering!

17 messages
10/06/2011 at 18:23

Have many people used this before? Does it work?

http://www.bournesports.com/halo-proactive-waterless-hair-and-body-shampoo.html

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

There is no shower where I'm about to start working, but it's an ideal distance for cycling / occasionally running. However I don't want to stink out the office in week 1!

Are there any other similar products or methods that people use which work ok for those of us without the use of a shower at the office?

10/06/2011 at 19:27
That would be brilliant if it works. You'll have to report back and let us know. I have tried dry shampoo but it didn't work for me (oily hair). A wipe down with baby wipes is good as they're generally larger and cheaper than facial wipes, smell clean and are surprisingly refreshing.
10/06/2011 at 20:03
Yep - baby wipes, deodorant, hair brush....sorted!!
10/06/2011 at 21:42
I'll be the RW guinea pig by the sounds of it - I'll let you know how I get on!
10/06/2011 at 22:28
I personally found rocket shower to be the best of the shower in the bottle products I tried
10/06/2011 at 23:15
Alternatives? Smelling rank?
11/06/2011 at 08:03
If cycling a shower is not necessary; I cycle to and from work along an undulating route every day but no longer have shower facilities at work and don't have any problem. However, I can only run home from work as would feel truly manky if I ran in and didn't have a shower!
12/06/2011 at 12:06

eaor, you might not think you have a problem, but have you asked your colleagues? 

There's no way I could run and not have a shower.  Wipes are OK for cleaning up before going home from races, but that's about it.

I would have to wash my hair - I couldn't sit in my office with sweaty hair

12/06/2011 at 22:01

I agree most people who cycle to work smell unless they shower properly, unfortunately I have had the job of telling several people in the past, and others I have had to talk to were vegetarian/vegan with powerful wind,

12/06/2011 at 22:15
What are the toilets like at your work? Could you just use the sink for a quick good old water and sponge wash? Or are the sinks in a shared area?
12/06/2011 at 22:18
Is this something similar to the Halo one? http://www.byoshower.co.uk/byoshower/byoshower-facts.html
Edited: 12/06/2011 at 22:18
12/06/2011 at 22:19
It's possible but it's not the same, I've run to work and cycled but when I moved to my present job and there were no showers, it had to stop.
13/06/2011 at 14:45

I'd just have a wash in the sinks and stick deoderant on.   

Some people are more sensitive to these things than others - if someone is finding lots of their colleagues are too smelly for them maybe they should consider the possibility they are being over sensitive.

Alternatively cycle in sedately and hammer it home - an easy cycle is no more strenuous than walking - though no doubt someone will argue you shouldn't walk to work unless you have a full shower afterwards.  It wont be long before they have showers at the top of the stairs in case you break sweat climbing a couple of flights.   

13/06/2011 at 15:02

Batiste Dry Shampoo is quite good as a quick fix.

I haven't tried any dry "body shampoo" though .

13/06/2011 at 15:32

It really all depends on where you work.

I commute through to and work in Glasgow where forgoing the daily shower is positively de rigour.

Seriously though another vote for baby wipes.

13/06/2011 at 20:51
What about joining a gym near work to use the shower
13/06/2011 at 21:02
Charlie Spedding used a bucket to go for a run half way through a date.
I'd imagine a bucket of water and soap would be far more effective than that weird spray.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.