Northern Ireland Running

41 to 60 of 20,247 messages
10/01/2005 at 11:48
It'd be June or July depending on 'tother 1/2s holidays. Be nice to have a decent Guiness again:O)
10/01/2005 at 21:44
What a way to put someone off, the half in larne, probably the worst lager in the world!!

Mara route was changed to try to attract bigger fields as the main field is shrinking. To do this it needed to be a faster course therefore flatter therefore away form all the old areas.

James get you along to to City of Derry AC good club with good coaches. The Bob Mullan series is well run and will get some speed in them there legs.

THG also got the Ecos 5 in June see the events thread for that one.
11/01/2005 at 04:59
Off the fags James -thank God!:O)
11/01/2005 at 12:10
Hi James great weather for running at the moment.
The ECOS 5 is a five mile run at the ECOS Centre Ballymena a good run on closed roads and a cup of tea at the end.
Provisional details of the Bob Mullan series of 5K races is on the City of Derry site the first is a city centre race on St Patrick's Day.
Went to the International on Saturday weather better in Belfast than at home. Struggled in the mud but enjoyed watching the two main races.
11/01/2005 at 12:37
I am fine James - not the fags just over active mind:O)
11/01/2005 at 13:17
Isn't it a bit stormy 'round your parts James?:O)
11/01/2005 at 13:22
Running tonight hill session with club lets hope it stays dry.
Good size fields in most races on Saturday. The Internationals make it look so easy.
Went out and did 11 miles on Sunaday slow after racing on Saturday. Need to loose a few pounds after over indulging over the holiadys.
11/01/2005 at 14:36
yeh James that's what I meant! Many couldn't understand me when I fiorst went over and I couldn't understand them. Got used to eachother though - lovely people there:O)

trying to get my training on some sort of footing now:O)
12/01/2005 at 10:54
Hi James we were out in Ballymoney last night. Hill session with the club 12 brave soles turned up. Apart from one section going to the hill when we had to run into the head wind it was OK. On the hill the wind was blowing across us but we were sheltered by a tall hedge the rain and hail came on during the session but once you've start you don't notice it. Good session, warm shower and cup of tea after.
12/01/2005 at 12:56
James, did a short 4-miler in Belfast to break in my new trainers. Good thing I had a tailwind on the way home...
12/01/2005 at 14:46
James was out at lunch time did about 5.5 miles. Weather fine still a bit windy got home before the rain. Stayed well clear or large tree and bridges last night. Never feel that safe going across the Foyle bridge when there is a cross wind. Good luck tonight with the eight miles weather to improve thie evening.
13/01/2005 at 10:04
Got the Asics 2100 after buying the 2090 last year. They'll probably take a while to break in but once that's done they should be very good.

I found 4 mile to be enough because they are not very supple yet. Have you any experience with Asics trainers? There have been some bad reports on the forum...
13/01/2005 at 13:03
Hi Jape I bought a pair of 2090 in the sale had a look at the 2100 but they were £20 dearer. I have been wearing Asics for a few years my first pair were 2050's and they take time to break them in. I usually wear them for a few short runs before atempting anything long. I like them because the suit my broad feet and provide the support I require, have tried other shoes but tend to stick with what I think suits me. When I was younger and lighter I always ran in Nike trainers but I don't know if my feet got broader or Nike shoes became narrower but I found I couldn't get shoes to fit me.
I try to have a few pairs of shoes on the go so that I don't wear the same pair two days in a row. Once I've broken the new shoes in I use them for long runs and races. My other shoes I use for shorter runs and going to the gym.
15/01/2005 at 17:12
James, very few people's feet are exactly the same size. Are there any manufacturers that make the same trainer in different widths, like some normal shoe manufacturers do. I think it would be a good idea.

Kenny, bought the 2100 in a sale on new year's day. They do seem to take a while to break in, longer than Nike I think.
17/01/2005 at 09:09
I don't come from N Ireland but was there over xmas in a very crowded house in Derry with my in-laws - hundreds of them.

Getting out to run was a fantastic escape.

i ran over the Foyle bridge a couple of times and it was magical to see the snow covered hills as i was running back. something i don't get in central birmingham much !!
17/01/2005 at 09:40
Jape, Asics and New Balance do shoes in two widths I am not sure if any other manufactures do.
Hi James, did about 14 miles yesterday good day for running although still a bit windy. My ankle is also a bit sore worse when going down hill. Apart from rotating it and moving it back and forward I am not sure there are many excerises for the ankle.
17/01/2005 at 09:55
Ankle exercises - thero bands to stretch and strengthen
wobble board
hopping
doing household and general tasks like cooking or brushing your teeth on one leg

these will improve strength AND propreoception
17/01/2005 at 09:55
and skipping
18/01/2005 at 15:44
Hi James how's the ankle. Went to the gym yesterday as my ankle was a bit sore and the legs heavy after Sundays long run. Hope to go out this evening but the weather isn't very promising, might be lucky and get out between showers.
Got an email from Peter Ferris confirming the course for Belfast.
The race will start at the City Hall and after taking in the City Centre will head out along the Shore Road as far as Hazelbank Park returning along the coastel
cycle path to Duncrue. The course will then head out towards Hollywood along the motorway as far as the Police Barricks and return along the coastel route also, hopefully finishing close to the Odyssey Arena. Entry fee £25 and changing at St George's market, no showers.
Dark Vader    pirate
18/01/2005 at 22:33
Boing
41 to 60 of 20,247 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.