Northern Ireland Running

9,741 to 9,760 of 20,350 messages
06/10/2009 at 11:04
Paula is out of world half championship - shock
06/10/2009 at 11:36

Cheers Rodney - good training from you - doing Armagh 10?

HMM - I know, what a surprise....(chasing money rather than titles eh?)

06/10/2009 at 12:39
C75, I'm not doing Armagh. A few XC races coming up and then Seeley 10k follwed by a few more XC races and then build up for BCM. I am training well at the moment but hope I don't overdo it. I have been keeping long runs around 12 miles during race weeks and around 14 -16 when I'm not racing.
07/10/2009 at 13:55
The slight frost this morning was a shock to the system after all the mild weather we have had. hope it isn't as cold tomorrow morning when I am out running. Looking forward to training tonight. I might run in but not decided for sure yet.
07/10/2009 at 14:01

Another tough hill session last night. Good night for running but it got cold towards the end.

On the bike to work this morning your rightRodney it was cold a bit of frost on the grass at the side of the road.

07/10/2009 at 22:52
Another good nights training done. 3.57 miles into training at 7 minute mile pace, Warm up with club and then a good interval session of 3min, 4min, 5min, 4min, 3min, 1min. I managed 10.15miles in total tonight. Another early run in the morning around 6:15am. hope it isn't too cold.
08/10/2009 at 07:41

Nice training Rodney - are you stil wearing the HRM any / all of the time?

Brrrrr. First time the gloves have been out for a run in months last night. Mileage monitors beware - that's 18 and out for me in the week - leaving for a stag weekend in Berlin tonight, not back till Monday. I will not be taking the trainers.

Good luck to anyone going to Armagh, and C75 for Birmingham.

08/10/2009 at 09:03

Was a bit nippy last night alright- don't mind it though. Keeps the bugs away.

Good luck for Berlin PTB - if you manage to persuade the lads to go East, you'll have a much better experience. Lots of micro-breweries in East Berlin - just your kind of thing I'd imagine. A lot cheaper than the west of the city too.....

I'm appalled at you no taking your trainers. Giving up the chance to run around the Tiergarden and Brandenburg Gate....tut tut.

Hope you feel suitably remorseful come Sunday morning....

Have a good one - will let you know how Brum goes. You'll probably just be coming out a "club" by the time I'm finishing....

Good luck to everyone in Armagh....

08/10/2009 at 10:07
Yes PTB, wearing the HRM all the time and seeing improvements. I did 16 miles on Saturday at 7:35 pace and the HR only strayed over 147BPM on a couple of miles near the end. I am also keeping HR down to 70% on short runs and going under 7 min mile pace. My early morning recovery runs are very relaxed at between 124 and 145 BPM. You can see my training on Fetch. I am doing a few of the XC races and then hope that all my hard training pays off at Seeley 10k in December.  Have an enjoyable weekend in Berlin.
08/10/2009 at 10:33

That's really good progress Rodney - hope it pays off for you - am sure it will.

08/10/2009 at 18:19
Cheers Rodney. Glad to hear the training progress, sounds like taking your easy runs easier was just what you needed. Sounds (from those pace/HR figures) like we could be back to me hanging on to your coat-tails again very soon.
Edited: 08/10/2009 at 18:19
08/10/2009 at 19:01

Good stats Rodney - Seeley should be a good day out for everyone in December.  Just finished a nice bowl of pasta/pesto sauce with chunky bread   Chest feels ok and hopefully the rest this week will leave me feeling ok for Saturday.

AU - Julie said she saw you on G'gorm Rd Tuesday tea time - she said you were going well.  Turning back early on Sunday was probably a good move.  

Robin/Jim - hope Dublin plans all going well - should c u all on Sun morning for recovery run - NOT

09/10/2009 at 07:18

Good luck on Saturday HMM you will be fine,the race wont be as hard as the sevens  so for a mountain man like yourself it will be a walk in the park  if i had not been running Dublin i would of had a go at it myself,would like to do a off road marathon at some stage.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend racing or training,a LSR for about 2 hrs on Sunday is what i have planned.

09/10/2009 at 09:29

HMM good luck for sat ,key is to take it easy,hope chest has improved

AU how has your chest cleared wont be out on sun going over to scotland today,hope to get out for a run at some point

Good luck everyone in training and racing

09/10/2009 at 10:54

All the best tomorrow HMM. Enjoy it.   

PTB, I might get a bit closer to you in the future but I can't see me overtaking you again.  Set me a good target to aim for in Dublin and I will do my best to gert close to it next year.

09/10/2009 at 12:09

HMM good luck tomorrow I hope the weather will be OK. Good luck to anyone running Armagh on Sunday.

I had my best run for a while last night 5.34 miles. Looking forward to Sundays run now.

09/10/2009 at 12:11

HMM, have a good run on saturday, don't be trying to get DS into Ballymena colours when your travelling up there he suits orange much better.

Out for 18 later on this afternoon.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend running/stag partying.

09/10/2009 at 16:49

I haven't been out since last Sunday when I turned early, it must have been someone else on the Galgorm Road although I wish it was me!  I hope to get out this Sunday for the first time again, still coughing though.  Nine tablets a day for the next week, shake me and I rattle.

10/10/2009 at 14:48

Dropped of the first page, can't have that...

Only managed a few runs this week - work and cold got in the way.

Just back  from one so question for all you garmin owners there - do you ever find you lose signal in trees and then your runs ends up being recorded as a fair bit shorter than what you see at the end??

I noticed before when I ran three mile out at shaws bridge and turned and ran back the same route - it came in as 5.8 miles.

Good luck to anyone doing doing that causeway marathon - HMM you're doing it right?? I saw the hill profile of it - looks tough!

10/10/2009 at 21:04

Yes TG - great event and v pleased with my time of 4:45:30 especially as it was last minute thing as I'd no plans for an Autumn mara nevermind an off road one!  Scenery was super and the course was tough very undulating with quite a few nasty climbs thrown in.  Even had to go knee deep into sea twice around base of cliffs coz tide was in.  Scrambled over heavy seaweed, giant boudlers but the in and out run along white park bay beach was leg sapping.

Can't recommend it enough - well done to Brendan for going sub 4 in the mara and Jonny for 2nd place in the half.  Also a strong run from the R&J Maxwell in the 10K.  So much to talk about but will post pics at some stage.  V tired now.

Edited: 11/10/2009 at 07:04
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.