Northern Ireland Running

81 to 100 of 20,338 messages
31/01/2005 at 10:29
Hi Baldy I was happy with my run the firm conditions suit me better that the mud. I had my best run for a while but still about a minute down on last year but I was in better shape then. First run in a couple of weeks were I haven't had trouble with my ankle. Went out yeaterday and did a slow 12 was going well but tired over the last 3 miles.
Is anyone going to Roe Valley Forest Park, Limavady, on Saturday 5 Feb for the 5K forest run 12.00 start.

31/01/2005 at 13:15
Anybody know when the next road race in NI is ? I'm itch'in to do a race, but the first one that I know of is the Larne Half in April !!! Does anybody know if there is aything earlier ?
31/01/2005 at 14:03
Hi Cartman a full list of road races is on the NI athletics web site
http://www.niathletics.org/
The next road race is tha Armagh International 5K Road race on Thuraday 24 Feb or the Albertville 5 in Duncrue Industrial estate on the 5 March, very few road races during Feb. Omagh 1/2 is the week before larne this year.
31/01/2005 at 15:37
Hi James hows the training going we haven't heard from you for a while.
01/02/2005 at 13:30
Hi guys - a bunch of us from my club are thinking of coming over to do the Masters X-C champs in Bangor on 12 March and then have a night out in Belfast on the Saturday night - any comments / suggestions on the race or the general week-end plan welcome!
01/02/2005 at 23:05
James, everyone adn anyone. Good race, usually 6/7 miles, not flat!!!

Boy Wonder, masters is in castle park i believe and is a 1.5m lap, the same as above for the Junior race. good old fashioned XC with hills and mud and uneven ground in luvelly surroundings.

Bangor is good base for your activities too, post race. Lively seaside town with pubs for all.

there is a over 35 race also so i will be doing that. the iaaf are looking to reduce the ages in line with the women.
02/02/2005 at 16:00
James entry form for the senior xcountry are on the following web site.
http://www.niathletics.org/
The distance is 12K (6laps around the university course) mostly club runners but you can enter as an individual.
See you on Saturday I'll be marshalling so I'll gice you a good shout somewhere around the course. Be prepared for the killer hill at the end.
The Belfast Marathon course i was told was one lap unless they have changed it again.
02/02/2005 at 21:00
Kenny - Is that the Cross country at Coleraine on Feb 12 - is it 12K? - Was it shorter last year - I think it was only 4 laps

Do you need spikes?
02/02/2005 at 22:29
Seamus, maybe you are thinking of the pegasus race which is 4 laps and always in coleraine.

this is same place but always is 12k. can be messy so spikes would help if it is wet.
03/02/2005 at 09:15
Seamus the race you did last year was the pagasus race and we vets had to do 3 laps. This is twice the distance and spikes would be better especially if it wet.
03/02/2005 at 14:34
James registration is in the visitors center at Roe Valley Forest Park, Limavady. Registration opens at 11.00 racing starts at 12.00 with the different age groups being set off at intervals.
Huey & Hendersons are the only place I think you can gat spikes in Coleraine, price depends on what they have in stock or if they are reduced in the sale.
08/02/2005 at 10:06
Hi James when you go off road your times are usually a bit slower than on the roads.
I did 15 miles on Sunday tired a bit at the end. The roads were very slippy at the start but the thaw had set in by the time we were heading home.
Have been entered to run on Saturday but not sure if I'll run. If the team are a man short I will run. I was around the course yesterday its soft in places so hopefully there won't be much rain between now and Saturday.
08/02/2005 at 10:10
What's keeping the Belfast Marathon website? It was due to be launched today!
08/02/2005 at 12:00
Hi James membership is £15 and includes NIAF membership.
We were out at 8.30 on Sunday weather was good apart from the ice.
08/02/2005 at 14:58
Belfast site now up an running. Details of the new course.

James a club vest is £10
08/02/2005 at 20:06
dont know about sat yet james, got to see if the club got the entries in, missed out on mon due to work :-(

course is south belfast, east belfast, south belfast, north belfast, centre, north down, east belfast. confused yet??

am going to practice a few of the legs over the next weeks just to get a feel for it.
11/02/2005 at 12:39
James I have just recieved a set of results. The reason I have not put them on our website is because I knew that there were mistakes as you and afew other runners did not appear in the first copy I recieved. I hope to put them up on our site soon. I have you finishing 31st in the open race in 28.12. Sorry for the delay but I wasn't going to put something up that wasn't correct.
11/02/2005 at 13:22
I am entered but if this rain keeps up the course will be very haevy which will not suit me. I'll probably be last but will us it as a good training run.
I tried to put the results up on our site but it is playing up at the moment will try again at home this evening.
11/02/2005 at 13:59
James results now up on our site
http://springwellrunning.tripod.com/
sorry for the delay
15/02/2005 at 13:23
Was thinking of you on Sunday when we were out did about eight miles very tough when running in to the head wind.
81 to 100 of 20,338 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.