Northern Ireland Running

15,861 to 15,880 of 20,131 messages
29/09/2011 at 13:20

Nicole, Thanks it is now making me more determined to enter next year if I am rejected from London 2012.

30/09/2011 at 09:40

Badbark, Seeley should be slightly faster than Bangor.

Got 6 miles done this morning before work and felt good. Got 94 miles for the month, so hopefully will keep building up gradually now and avoid any more injuries.

All the best to the ultra men tomorrow at Causeway and also to anyone doing the shorter marathon, half marathon or 10k distances.

30/09/2011 at 09:49

5.8 miles last night another hot evening.

Good luck to all racing tomorrow.

HMM and Robin into London any rejections.

30/09/2011 at 12:03

Well done Nicole, its great to here it was so posative a run in the end, after your injuries. Sounds like a great event, worth considering.

Got a rejection for London, so I'll wait and see how my first marathon in Dublin turns out next month before I make any more plans.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend, looks like the weather will be a bit cooler for you all.

30/09/2011 at 13:36
Yes as expected I got a London rejection letter also. I have had several charities offering a possible place need to raise £2,000 or more. London does not miss a trick is it the same for Edingburgh or Berlin to enter?
30/09/2011 at 14:33

London rejection here too.

10k race from the Waterworks on Sunday morning - anyone going?  Different route this year, I hope it's accurately measured (the hills are a bit easier too, Kenny).

30/09/2011 at 15:51

I'm a London reject too. And the fleece is just not my colour

DS got in though.

30/09/2011 at 16:00
Sorry won't be there on Sunday Paul have a good run.
30/09/2011 at 20:00
london rejection, causeway coast marathon weather looks interesting
D S
30/09/2011 at 20:50
Hope everyone doing the various events at the Causeway tomorrow has a great time - I've done the marathon twice but can't make it tomorrow. I'll get a training run in after work in the rain to show some empathy though! I've been concentrating on triathlon this season, and met up with Paul B at most of the races I've done, so for the first time since 2006 there's no autumn marathon to look forward to this year.
London training started yesterday - I was just about to head out for an easy 9 miles when the postman delivered my acceptance letter!
30/09/2011 at 22:27
Hard lines to the VLM rejects. I know how it feels. Carried my guaranteed entry over from last year. DS looking forwarx to the banter in London. Fancy a swim in the Serpentine lido when we're over?
D S
30/09/2011 at 22:32
Followed by a cycle to Blackheath?
01/10/2011 at 06:58
Tandem?
02/10/2011 at 09:40
Cycled round to watch the Causeway races yesterday. Well done to everyone who ran. I run around there regularly and it's such a tough route! I was glad to just be watching!

I've been nursing a niggle in my achilles since Dessies 10K but I've had to admit this week that it's more than just a niggle. I'm down to running 30 min every other day and trying to keep some fitness on the bike. V frustrating as I was running well. I'm stretching, doing heel dips, massaging, taping it up etc etc...
VT'd    pirate
02/10/2011 at 14:06

Sorry to hear that Ferdy, my impression of achilles injuries are from such reports like yours and it's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I wathched the causeway 26.2 runners set off from Portbalintrae and then went down to White Park Bay to watch them through.  The Ultras leaders were looking strong and fresh in both directions.

Came home and walked my dogs for an hour or so.  But, still inspired by the runners, I set off at half four for my 20 miler.  I cruised it at just under my LSR pace and felt like I could have clocked up a few more.  Legs were a bit heavy at 18+ miles but breathing was steady, pace was sound and body felt good.

Just a 22 miler  next week and I'll start to cut back a little.  Not sure of sustaining my originally planned race pace over the full distance on the day, but that might be just nervousness.

Edited: 02/10/2011 at 14:22
02/10/2011 at 16:19

Well done to everyone who raced yesterday. The weather was kind as it has been the last three years. I cycled home from work on Friday evening and got soaked to the skin.

I got about 12 miles this morning. The overnight rain cleared to leave a nice morning. I felt good today.

Well done Davy the hard work nearly over.

02/10/2011 at 19:49
Well done to everyone who was racing this weekend. Really glad I dropped down to the half distance. It really tests the fitness no matter what distance u run on the coast. Big well done to John McG on his first off road mara - the joy on your face at the finish was a real tonic. So many B'mena Runners on course it was like a club run Well done to the ultra boys - feet up. Although Robin will prob be at speedwork and parkrun this week Had a good wee battle in the mid se tion with a guy from nbh. I was loving the tricky ground but couldn't match on the flatter ground. All in all good day out. Ferdy many many thanks for the drink at Dunseverick castle -- jope u didnt have to go too fsr up the course to collect the empty Results availabe :awww.championchipireland.com
02/10/2011 at 21:37
No problem HMM - was glad of the walk to warm me up!

Dave - well done on the 20 miler. I think you are on for a great marathon result.
03/10/2011 at 07:49
Well done to all who ran on Saturday it was a great day out.Great running from John on his first off road marathon and a another strong run from HMM in the half.The past few weeks all my running has felt like a real effort so I was fearing the worst but I am pleased to say that I felt good during the run and enjoyed it.Don't know about Robin but that's my season over now for good.
03/10/2011 at 15:32
Thanks guys for the kind words I had a great day no pressure of times or PB's but OMG how many steps did we climb. The first 13 miles were reasonably comfortable but I had a few falls on the home leg and winded myself on a down hill. This took the wind out of my sails and I realised that finishing safely was better than trying to clock a time as I got tired I seemed to fall more. Met Jim near the finish which inspired me to have a strong finish. I met some cracking athletes on route and was realy glad to actually see the leaders in each event. Us mear amateurs never get to see the leaders wow can they shift. The hardest event this year for me but yes I will do it again great organisation and great company thanks to 26Extreme.
15,861 to 15,880 of 20,131 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.