Northern Ireland Running

17,421 to 17,440 of 19,854 messages
24/07/2012 at 17:27
C75 if u want to leave car in Bmena and grab lift up just let me know. Same with any other forumites out there.
25/07/2012 at 09:27

C75 don't know what going on there it's just opened for me. You can enter on the night at the Joey Dunlop Centre from 5.00pm. There was no online entries for this race. See you Friday.

HMM I went to training last night and was so tired I wasn't going to bother running. 500m x 8 1 min recovery ran the first 6 then blasted the last 2, 20secs faster than the first 6. I got a good nights sleep last night and will make my decision of Friday morning. 

25/07/2012 at 10:37

HMM, how many races/events have you got left to complete for the 40 at 40 title???

25/07/2012 at 12:24

Kenny what time does the kids 1k race start at on Friday might come up and let my son run it and then watch the main race.Still to tired and sore fromDervock to even think about running myself

25/07/2012 at 12:27

6.15 Jim. I know how you feel and I didn't run.

25/07/2012 at 20:27
Thanks for the offer HMM but I should be ok. Never been to Ballymoney before though...!
25/07/2012 at 23:19

Just in from my last hard run before Cookstown on Sunday.

Ran a hilly 9 miler at a perceived effort I felt comfortable with for completing 13.1 - surprised to average 8:40 m/mls for the run and at the end felt like I could have run another 4 at the same pace. (I know I shouldnt run at race pace but its all in the head for me - I like to know what I am capable of come race day!)

That's 1 full m/ml faster than I ran at Lisburn - what a difference a month makes! However I'll not too excited until I have completed Cookstown - bit of a killer by all accounts.
Other than Reiki - anyone else entered for Sunday?

26/07/2012 at 07:59
RickyW- are you still sticking to the plan? Sounds like progress.

Can confirm Cookstown is hilly. IMHO its more rolling than hilly and I don't renetany killing climbs. Pace it properly though. Last last two miles are down hill and through the town. Last 150m uphill.
26/07/2012 at 13:38

C75 - I did 2 weeks v slow running but over the last week have been back doing hill reps & tempo runs. Intend to do keep doing my weekly LSR nice and slow and

26/07/2012 at 13:40

ooops lost part of previous post...

.. less than 70% MHR.

Rolling I can cope with! I feel much stronger on the hills now than I did in Lisburn - able to maintain pace on the hills now fairly comfortably.

Looking forward to it!

27/07/2012 at 13:44

Good luck to anyone running tonight. Looks not too bad up here tday a bit cooler with the odd shower. See you on the start line.

27/07/2012 at 19:43

Hi all!

I had to stop running all together with my knees giving me trouble, then gradually reintroduce it, just jogging for a few moments now and again on my walks.  I'm not at about 25min of S L O W running at a time, with two days of rest between.  I'm itching to put the garmin on again to see how far I'm going etc; but dare not to as I'll start trying to do better each time and end up injured again.  Lots of stretching post run seem to help as well.

I've been avoiding here as I knew I'd end up pushing myself more and setting myself back again.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their running/racing over our "summer".  (I use the term "summer" loosely....)

28/07/2012 at 07:56

Good to hear from you again Evie May sorry to hear about your problems. Take it easy and build up again. I find if I don't do my stretching routine everyday I end up with problems.

Ran the NFU Mutual 5 last night not my best time but glad I got out there and did it. Good to see some of you there well done C75 on your 4th place.

28/07/2012 at 08:45
Thanks Kenny for another good event from Springwell. Was good to see strong runs from our club including Rodney and som pbs. Also nice to catch up with the RW forumites. Ran below 35 which I'm v happy about esp after Dervock mara and still felt good. Last mile was 6.15.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it - now to get ready for my 3rd Seven Sevens
28/07/2012 at 09:46
28/07/2012 at 11:59

Yeah Kenneth, I've learned the hard way to do stretches everyday!  Good on you getting out there for the Mutal 5.

Well done HMM.  The Seven Sevens, that's the Mourne Mountain one, right?  3rd time, you are a glutten for punishment. :P

LOL, lovin the beer Paul!!

28/07/2012 at 16:49
Great event last night in Ballymoney. Fair play to Springwell for putting on such an excellent race the week after Dervock.

Good to see KB, Rod and a perma tanned HMM.
29/07/2012 at 10:11

Good luck to all doing Cookstown, I found it quite tough last year! Strangley enough it was my first "training" run for Dublin marathon. Ah, the memories. 

29/07/2012 at 17:44

Loved Cookstown!!!  Really glad I came over.  It wasn't THAT bad!!

29/07/2012 at 18:07

Glad you enjoyed it Reiki - thought it was a great course also! Not as bad as expected  - hills were short & sharp in the most and a few showers during 2nd half were very welcome.
Had a good run and felt very strong all race -  and the first time don't feel stiff, sore or tired afterwards - in fact feel like I could go out and run it again (tomorrow morning will probably be a different story though)
Managed 1:56 which I was very happy with and a 10min improvement on Lisburn just over a month ago.

How'd u do time wise Reiki?

17,421 to 17,440 of 19,854 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.