Northern Ireland Running

17,461 to 17,480 of 20,302 messages
02/08/2012 at 21:14

looking at doing cookstown myself tomorrow, done it two years ago and enjoyed it then, from what i remember it isnt a flat course, but usually has 150-200 at it, hoping the weather will be similar to todays...

03/08/2012 at 15:56

Good luck to anyone racing tonight see you on the startline

04/08/2012 at 17:33

Well done to everyone at Cookstown last night. I was a bit slower than last week but not too bad.

Good to see you racing for the 2nd week in a row Kenny.

05/08/2012 at 12:20
Well done everyone at Cookstown. Did the 7 7s again y'day. Tough as usual, v misty 1st half. Priority was to just get round with current fitness levels so set off conservatively . Sun timeout although the streams were overflowing so plenty of water when route. Nice descent from Brandy Pad to Donald Park.

Then the whole family had a great night watching the Olympics - especially the Mobot. Lurig next Saturday, anyone going?
06/08/2012 at 09:17

Enjoyed the run on Friday evening and improved my time by 25 seconds. Died in the last mile though. Rodney it's a long time since I raced 2 weeks in a row now looking a few more races before the end of the year.

I did 11 yesterday it was a lovely morning for running.

06/08/2012 at 22:59

Did 14ml LSR saturday & 4.5 miles this evening with 8x200 hill reps in the middle.

Been invited to run Robin Hood half in Nottingham at the end of September by a pal living over there - tempted!

07/08/2012 at 08:07

Anyone going to run Ballyclare on Saturday? I'm going to give it a go. It's a decent route, I run part of it regularly. 

07/08/2012 at 08:53

is that the 10 miler Jonny?

07/08/2012 at 09:25

Ricky it's a 7 miler. Used to be a 10 but you only do one lap and then back to the finish. A good wee run sorry I can't make it this year.

07/08/2012 at 11:55

Ricky, I did the full marathon in the Robin Hood a couple of years ago & the 1st half of it is the half marathon course.  ITs a bit hilly but really lovely to run round, plenty of parkland & nice scenery, definitely would recommend it!

07/08/2012 at 23:17

Ah ok Kenneth - remember doing it when it was the 10 - was a nice undulating country course from memory with a bit of a climb up to Ballyeaston?

Thanks for that Heather - the organisers of Robin Hood claim a "brand new flat/fast course" this year for the half which hopefully might help me achieve my next goal which is sub 1:50 - here's hopin!

I see Decathlon 10K & Half on 23rd Sept @ Holywood/Belfast is now on athleticsni website - but can't seem to get much info on it? e.g. route/course etc

08/08/2012 at 14:44

Ricky the Decathlon Half is 2 laps of the 10K course. Just looked at the entry fee £24 for a half is a bit steep.

08/08/2012 at 22:18

Thanks for the info Kenneth - It is a bit pricey - £25 for unregistered bods like me! And only a t-shirt for first 100 entrants too!

Found the link for anyone else interested:
http://pioneer-group.co.uk/

09/08/2012 at 09:13

Hey guys, just peeking in to say hello! And hoping somebody has some info on the cross country championships in NI. I haven't don'e any cross country racing before and i don't run with a club. I'm in a triathlon club so I don't really have the time to run with a running club as well, though i might consider it... Does anyone know if i can enter as an individual, and how i would go about doing that? Also would you wear spikes? Any info on it would be great. I was on athletics NI and i can see the fixtures, but it seems that runners generally get registered through their clubs. 

09/08/2012 at 09:18

B_Kins just turn up on the day, register and pay. I run with a club and do the same - in fact everyone in the club would. You'd be recommended to wear spikes as some of them can be mud baths and you'll not have much fun running up hills covered in mud with trainers...

09/08/2012 at 09:37

Cheers tommy, thats what i was hoping for. Hopefully i'll make it to a few of them over the winter. I have an old pair of spikes that i've actually never ran in. It would be good to get some use out of them. Would you bring both runners and spikes and decide on the day or can you always be sure of wearing spikes in the xc races?

09/08/2012 at 10:28

You'd be better just running in spikes really... The ground is never solid enough here. If you buy spikes then get two lengths of spike and use the shorter one on a good day.

One of the guys on here - HMM - wore trainers in a cross country at barnetts last year and I doubt he'd recommend it!!

09/08/2012 at 12:57
Hey forumites, been a long time since I've been on here. I've spent 3 months recovering from a foot operation, so I'm just getting out running again. As a baptism of fire I'm entered in the Dash of the Titans race at the Odyssey on Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else on here stupid enough to give it a go?
09/08/2012 at 19:39
lol TG I didnt run in them after firgetting my spikes i couldnt even make it to the start line in my trainers Ive a friend doing titans looks good.
09/08/2012 at 21:11
Ah yes - I remember now hmm!

These Olympics are amazing to watch.
17,461 to 17,480 of 20,302 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.