Northern Ireland Running

17,481 to 17,500 of 20,244 messages
09/08/2012 at 21:30
Yes 800 was superb and the 200. Great for all the boxers too. Just don't mention the hockey
10/08/2012 at 10:54

HMM, yes met up with some old team mates and we watched the hockey with Simon and his brother Sean Kurly (who is commentating) very sad. I am now in a state of shock as to how easily GB fell apart.  I played in Holland and they are very talented but I did expect a closer game.

Come on Mo bring a smile back to my face

10/08/2012 at 21:48

Is anyone from Belfast heading up to Cushendall in the morning for the Lurig race?

I have a lift home so just need a lift up there. mail me on madmickieatyahoodotcodotuk

thanks

11/08/2012 at 13:53

Had a decent run at Ballyclare, felt weird walking from the house to a road race for a change! Struggled with the hillier bits, but was pleasantly surprised with my pace considering I've been training at such a low HR for so long. I think it's working, definitely had plently of endurance. Left it too late to pass Paul OH, but a 7:18 last mile had me catch right up on him, nice to meet you sir! 

Wanted to break the hour mark, managed a 57:12 according to the Garmin. I should definitely race more, I enjoy it. 

11/08/2012 at 21:50

Well done Jonny. Glad to hear the HR training is working as I've just finished my 3rd week of it.

11/08/2012 at 22:21

It's weird Rodney, I think my struggles around halfway were purely mental. I consciously slowed from an 8ish min mile to a 830ish pace. I got passed by a few that I'd ovetaken early on, so I kicked a wee bit to catch up and maintain the gap. This kinda made me realise I'd plently left in the tank. So, it's definitely doing something! 

11/08/2012 at 22:43

good running Jonny - Low HR training seems to be paying dividends?!

I did my LSR today - 15mls @ 9:50 m/ml pace.. twas warm work!

What about Mo tonite - awesome...star of the Games for Team GB in my book.

12/08/2012 at 20:57

anyone else doing the Darragh Cross 10k 5k Fun Run? 

12/08/2012 at 22:40
I think it's a hilly enough one mark. Have never done it though.
13/08/2012 at 09:23

13 miles yesterday tough going but was a lovely morning for a run.

Portrush Park run starts Saturday 8 September at 9.30 on the east strand.

13/08/2012 at 10:43

Nice to meet you on Saturday Jonny.  That was a good last mile from you.  It's not the easiest course, especially with the hill near the start, but the thought of the downhill finish kept me going.  About 57.05 for me in the end.  Nice goody bag & refreshments.  Thanks for the shouts too Mags.  I'll try to get to Darragh Cross if I'm free.

13/08/2012 at 20:30

Right, Olympics over, normal life resumes.

I haven't posted on here in ages as I'm doing very little running at the minute, however I am managing to keep in touch with a lot of you at the various races and parkrun every week.

I'll be at Darragh Cross on Thursday evening, so hopefully see some of you there.  The start time has been put back to 7.30pm to allow runners time to get home from work and out again, so if you haven't done this one before, maybe think about giving it a go.

14/08/2012 at 11:14

First ever track race last night in Bangor. 3,000 which I managed to break 10 minutes in so happy enough though different world of pain!

Wee shameless plug here for our own road race:

Laganside 10k

Flat  fast PB course open for all comers. Should be a big field so a good spread of abilities.

Kenny and the Balymena guys would you spread the word round clubmates?? The closing date for online(i.e. cheaper) entries will be the wednesday before the race.

14/08/2012 at 14:44

TG - sub 05:20/mile pace?! Now, that's proper running!!

I have roped in another 4 entries for Laganside from work and will ask at club training tonight (Dromore).   

Looking forward to Laganside 10k which last year marked my first ever race. Will be hoping for a PB and to duck under 43:30 which I need to achieve a Power of 10 standard (for M45). Does anyone else on here use the Power of 10 website to log runs/PBs - haven't read any comments about it? I registered with the linked runbritain site and find it neat to see a record of my races and whether my time was judged to be 'over/under par' on the day.

Laganside falls nicely in my current training schedule, a fortnight before my 2nd attempt at the Great North Run and then it will only be another 6 weeks before hopefully my Marathon debut in Dublin - yikes!!

Kenny, I've not posted since your Festival of Running in Dervock. I spied the race T-shirts at Cookstown Half and was very impressed! Nice touch with the Springbok emblem & colour choice! Sorry to have missed it.

14/08/2012 at 15:48

Cheers Alwyn - glad to hear you're doing Laganside. There always seem to be a good few from dromore at it.

I use fetcheveryone to record things. Poweroften tends to record my results anyway for some reason. Great place to track your results though.

That and to check out opposition - I know of quite a few who do a bit of stalking on it pre races!!

15/08/2012 at 23:07

Thinking of XC over the winter (seeing pretty much the whole summer has been a disaster with injury) looking at getting some spikes. What's the concensus on size, same as road shoe? or 1/2 size up or more?

17/08/2012 at 09:19

JP I alway liked to try on spikes before I bought them. I ordered my first pair on the internet and they were too tight.

17/08/2012 at 12:32

Hi guys, I haven't posted for ages either. Work and olympics take up far too much time   Roll on the paralympics when I'll be glued to the tv again. 

Has anyone experienced problems with Nimbus 13? This is my first time in these trainers - usually stick with Cumulus - but they are really irritating my left achilles. Anyone else getting this?

17/08/2012 at 15:00

Sorry don't use them, Cumulus all the way for me last 5 pairs have been great.

17/08/2012 at 15:09

Yeah, John, think I'll be heading back to Cumulus again.

17,481 to 17,500 of 20,244 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.