Northern Ireland Running

17,581 to 17,600 of 20,244 messages
03/09/2012 at 16:14

Alwyn I have a lot of history with hamstring injuries though thankfully not this year. If an injury keeps occuring it's usually symptomatic of something else e.g. maybe underactive glutes or maybe the hamstrings aren't stong enough or even back related. I do pilates and have a core routine I would do with a load of squats in it to combat that.

Julie Turley is a class act -I was hoping Kerry Harty would be there yesterday to see them battle it out. I almost got cleaned out by another runner at 4k yesterday and she had to listen to some profanities out of me so I felt sorry for her in that regard! Morrison was gone in less than 2k.

03/09/2012 at 17:01
Great running from everyone at Laganside. Another example of runners puttung on a great event for runners. Well done NBH. Club trip to Great Scottish run was super and some cracking pbs - one guy going from 1.30.xx to 1.24

Was official 1.50 pacer and ran 1.49.04 - job done. Great mixing with elites b4 + after.
03/09/2012 at 19:26
PS BBT had a cracking run @ 1.27
03/09/2012 at 20:05

trying to decide between dambusters 10mile/10k or waterside half marathon this weekend....any thoughts?

03/09/2012 at 20:48

Mark, I know this might be of particular interest to you.  I did Waterside half two years ago as part of my Dublin marathon training and got a 16 minute PB. I think that the Dambusters may be a new race - I hadn't heard of it before.

For the other forumites - Mark and I both completed our first marathons in exactly the same time, right down to the very second, and we're hoping that he has a similar experience to mine in Dublin.

Good to see so many of you yesterday at Laganside.  Alwyn, it was nice to meet you even if it was just a quick hello.

Paul OH, hope you got sorted out with your time etc.

I'm off to Spain early tomorrow - courtesy of Jimmy's 10k and Down Travel - but I don't think I'll be getting much running done as my knee has gone again. Trainers and painkillers are packed, just in case - it's so hard to resist going for a run in the sun!

Good luck to those doing Waterside next week.

Mags

03/09/2012 at 20:49

The dambusters races will be awesome, Mark. 

03/09/2012 at 21:12
Courtesy of Stevey too mags enjoy your holiday.
03/09/2012 at 21:23

That's me confirmed for Waterside - Race no. 489 emailed through today!

Mark - agree with Margaret - WHM shud be good for a PB as its nice and flat, Dambusters probably fantastic experience with all that scenery and prob a great training run for Dublin.. I would watch the injuries though if the going is rough/off road.

Alwyn- I'm in Magheralin (moira's easier as the majority haven't heard of Magheralin!)... yes we probably have crossed paths. I would be the grimacing plodder that gets in your way!
My runs tend to be late evening dusk/dark apart from LSR which is usually late Sat anoon. Some great routes around country lanes in the area as I'm sure you know all too well.

04/09/2012 at 09:11

Well done all who raced tis weekend some cracking times recorded.

Enjoy your holiday well deserved to the volunteer of the year. You have put so much back into the sport since you were injuried.

After last week when I was a bit down as I was struggling with my running I am actually looking forward to Waterside as things have picked up over the last few outings.  I hope to meet a few of you there. I am trying to pace one of my girls round to a PB so will be in over the two hours.

05/09/2012 at 20:09

http://www.paulryantimecalculator.com/ might be useful to boast of a personal best !

05/09/2012 at 20:22
Entered Waterside, hope weather is kind. Last year I ran around 1.33 This year around 1.45 will plz me. Kenny hope to catch up with yourself and the other forumites. Ricky and the others good luck on Sunday and say hello. Interested to see how new course compares to the last few years.
06/09/2012 at 09:08

Doing the results in Portglenone tonight hope to see a few of you there.

Portrush Parkrun starts this Saturday first ever baech Parkrun.

HMM looks like we could get a little rain on Sunday. The new course has to be better than the old one. See you there.

06/09/2012 at 09:34

Anyone doing the Decathlon HM or 10k? I've signed up for the HM. First time doing a proper HM and hoping for a decent time. Looks like a fast course!

06/09/2012 at 10:41

Hi B_Kins I am doing Waterside on Sunday I had looked at the Decathlon and the date did suit.

06/09/2012 at 10:41

Thinking of doing Portglenone myself Kenny but not 100% sure yet. Maybe see you there.

Not doing decathlon but sounds like a fast course from what I can hear.

Good luck to everyone in Waterside.

HMM how many until 40? Is it at this point you send us the blog which I haven't read in a long time...

06/09/2012 at 11:12

Hoping to get to Portglenone Kenny, although 7.00pm starts can be a problem.

I'm in for Waterside as well, looking forward to it.

06/09/2012 at 16:28

See some of you tonight in Portglenone.

06/09/2012 at 16:39
TG 19 to go in 4 months lol I have a very understanding wife. I just wish race organisers would spread the start times for me. If it was easy it would be no challenge in it sure. Between xc, sperrins winter series, 26extreme night trail races and th normal calendar should be ok. Mind u im at a gig tonght insead of portglenone. Blog will start from glasgow half and then ill backfill. Can nbh put on 3 x races for me some day - a 1 miler, 5 k and 10k would do. I'm supposedly lined up to be in a drag hunt somewhere near Randalstown!!
07/09/2012 at 08:58

No bother to you HMM. Would love a 1 mile race just out of interest! Plenty left in the calendar though you mightn't have much time at the weekends!

Picked up an injury at portglenone last night but hopefully not too bad. Good running Rodney - I think the heart rate stuff will get you there but just be patient. Kenny I saw you in the distance but you were a bit busy.

07/09/2012 at 10:50

Over 200 entries last night a lot of new runners who weren't on the system. I think everyone had finished before I started to put in the results. So many people arrived at the last minute. I finally got the results sorted should be up shortly.

TG I hope your injury isn't serious.

Trial run at the Portrush Parkrun this afternoon if I have the energy.

HMM you may double up Parkrun in the morning another race in the afternoon.

17,581 to 17,600 of 20,244 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.