Northern Ireland Running

17,681 to 17,700 of 20,294 messages
01/10/2012 at 09:57

Enjoyed Bangor 10k. Not my best run ever but happy enough with my 53 mins. Big turnout and well organised. 

Any-one run the Gr8 Dundrum run before? - Plenty of pre-entries, so thinking about entering myself. Nice day out, assuming the weather is kind

01/10/2012 at 12:31

Some excellent running at the weekend. Well done everyone at the Causeway from talking to some of our guys the going was tough.

15 Miles yesterday with the Dublin gang. We got caught in a heavy shower at mile 10 but kept going even though we were soaked to the skin.

01/10/2012 at 13:22

I ran at Dundrum last year Bracken and would definitely recommend it.  It's a mix of road, trail and beach.  The weather wasn't great but it's an enjoyable event, even when doing battle with a strong wind coming off the sea.

Saw you at Bangor Rodney, hope you had a good run. 

01/10/2012 at 13:38

Thanks PaulOH - think I'll go for it, sounds good

01/10/2012 at 14:18

Thanks Paul. Ran 40:20 which is a 30seconds improvement from Lisburn 10k in June. Not sure what to think of the time. Could easily run that much faster because of a different course, rather than any benefits from HR training. Tried to tuck in behind Leek after he passed me but couldn't stay with him in the last 2km.

Having a sports massage today and an easier week, followed by more HR training in preparation for Seeley 10k in November. Doing a few XC before that and will hopefully see more improvement by then.

Well done to all who ran in Bangor or Causeway.

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 14:18
01/10/2012 at 20:00

Stick at it Rodney, I'm bringing my "running only at low HR" training to a close. Am starting training for the Seeley as well. I'm actually going to train for a 10k! hoping to break 45mins, will continue with my long runs etc at very low HR. 

01/10/2012 at 20:09

Just on the HR thing....if you goto itunes and type in marathon....under podcasts you'll see a range of marathon podcasts....theres one relating to HR long runs

03/10/2012 at 09:34

Took part in the Causeway Coast 10k on Saturday... managed to finish 12th in a time of 54 mins ... Really enjoyed the run and will definitely going back next year, never experienced anything like it before... first 5k was a nightmare, up a hill, down a hill, over a stile, up some steps, really takes it out of the legs but after the half way point its fine, scenery was something else!!!

04/10/2012 at 10:08

A nice easy 7 miles this morning in the dark with frosty, foggy air. Really enjoyed it.

Did club intervals last night and took it a bit easier as I had a sports massage on Monday.

05/10/2012 at 10:17
Belated congratulations to everyone who completed the Causeway events last week. Huge respect.

I'm off to the Galway 10K this weekend and hope to see some of Sperrin and Ballymena crew down there in the pubs after.

Forecast is good. Best of luck to anyone racing.

C75
05/10/2012 at 13:39

Good luck C75.

Trained three night this week got soaked each time looks like the winters here.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

06/10/2012 at 20:38

Good luck C75!

I ran Queens parkrun this morning, my first ever one! Managed a pedestrain 25:58. Quite pleased to be honest. Hard work ahead to break 45 for 10k, all starts on Monday with 5x1k fast. Wish me luck! 

07/10/2012 at 00:31

Hi guys, any other newbies here? 30, was decent at track, xc etc in teens before beer, fags and sausage rolls intervened; 10 weeks off the cigarettes and been running since august, insanely happy with myself for managing 29:14 5k today! anybody doing portrush parkruns? planning on having a go at the end of this month

07/10/2012 at 12:34

Hi Patrick stick at it. Give Portrush a go something nice about the sound of the sae when you are out running. It will be Christmas before I get a cjance as I am tied up with kids training on a Saturday morning.

18 Miles with the Dublin gang this morning. Tough going as it's about 7 to 8 years since I did that milage but I got there. Lovely morning for running.

07/10/2012 at 12:55
Welcome to the forum Patrick. Good luck with the smokes. A very difficult habit to break but life changing nevertheless. I've ran Portrush parkrun once and was there y'day helping out. Beautiful course and a great welcome from Andy and the many Springwell Runners who support the event. Where u based at?

You have come to the right place for plenty of advice.
07/10/2012 at 13:36

Welcome Patrick, you're doing really well.  Paul OH - nice to have met you at W'works yesterday.  Just in from my last 20miler for Dublin, it was a really beautiful morning.  How's everyone else getting on?

07/10/2012 at 14:25

Hi Irene, it really is a seautiful day today, it's lovely to feel the warmth of the sun again. I got in a slow 20 mile run early yesterday morning, but it was cold and I wasn't really in the form for it. This morning I went out just for a wee recovery run but ended up doing 14 miles as it was just so nice outside. So feeling good about this marathon at the moment and just hoping I'll still be feeling like that on the day and that the weather will be kind to us.

07/10/2012 at 19:08

Yes Paul, would be lovely to get a morning like today.  I've done it twice before and both were cold, bright mornings which were great.

07/10/2012 at 20:15

Cheers guys, was a good day for it wasn't it? Managed 5k again this afternoon but 1st day back to back and feeling it now Live in Tyrone but Portrush only about 45 mins away 

07/10/2012 at 20:21
Great stuff Paul and Irene - nothing quite like hitting that taper time. Paul quite a weeks mileage for you? I ran approx 4 on Thurs nite and had a lively 7 miler from Portrush to Portstewart and back. Starting to find some great wee back roads to run on up there asxwell as the coastal routes.

Kenny, one of the Springwell girls blinde hair name escapes me flew past us on Pstewart prom. I had a rye smile to myself thinking how fast she was runninf as I tucked into a Rum n Raisin from Morelkus
17,681 to 17,700 of 20,294 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.