Northern Ireland Running

17,821 to 17,840 of 20,136 messages
01/11/2012 at 18:12

you only get one chance to compete in your first marathon!...I'm glad I did Belfast before Dublin...makes me appreciate Dublin even more...!!

01/11/2012 at 19:09
Thanks Alwynn.
Unfortunately Mark i have only heard a lot of negatives about Belfast marathon , out of shear north support I will probably do it this may anyway ,but heh dublin was fantastic
03/11/2012 at 13:02

Very enjoyable morning at Waterworks parkrun on its 2nd birthday.  Thanks to all involved (Mags, Ruth, Matt & co) for organising the party.  Quite a few Dublin marathon shirts on view too.

03/11/2012 at 21:53
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4298612496960.169519.1036063132&type=1 some pics from today...enjoy.
05/11/2012 at 20:09

went along to the waterworks on saturday, fantastic event really well run, always seems to have a good number out every week, credit to the organisers and volunteers.  as for the run, slightly slower than usual due to a few icy patches but had a decent run nonetheless

07/11/2012 at 09:15

Winter training depresses me dark evenings not knowing what to wear and ending up too warm.

I've entered the Seeley anyone else doing it.

07/11/2012 at 10:09

Yes Kenny I've entered Seeley 10k along with about 25 others from Ballymena Runners. Should be a good day out.

07/11/2012 at 10:12

Yes Kenny. 56 entered from the club so far entered it. Looking forward to it.

07/11/2012 at 12:07

TG, I saw your tweet about the number of Stags already entered for the Seeley - very impressive! Good turnout from Ballymena too, Rodney.

I've entered though not yet really got my head round 10K 'eyeballs-out' after Dublin. Having said that, a good interval session at the club last night started me back on the road: 10x75secs with 90s recoveries.

Having told myself I wouldn't contemplate a Spring marathon and focus instead on next year's Half-Marathon series and then hopefully Dublin again, the club draw for 2 x London places was being made last night. There were only 3 others showing an interest so I put my name forward with a 50-50 chance of having to go home and explain to my wife . . . .  but I drew a slip of paper with an 'X' rather than 'London' so back to Plan A and no need for that awkward conversation at home!!

07/11/2012 at 14:27

TG I don't think I've ever had a good run at this race but theres always a first time. There's a few of us going up but we're a long way off 56 which is a fantastic number.

Alwyn unlucky.

07/11/2012 at 14:55

Kenny, a bit early to be asking but do you have a provisional date for Dervock next year?

07/11/2012 at 16:08

Alwyn it's on Saturday 20 July. Not sure at the minute if there will be a marathon but there will be a half and 10K.

07/11/2012 at 16:22

Kenny it's a funny old race. They haven't really changed the course for the better to be honest as it's a bit twisty and it's at a funny time of year. It's a good field though.

Been training ok but not in PB shape - still hope to do ok though. Alwyn there'll be a few other marathoners in the same boat - the legs will get a bit of a shake.

I just hope they corden off the bollard into the park as someone runs into it every year.

07/11/2012 at 16:34

Just checked entry list and there are actually at least 36 from our club entered and a few more last minute entries too.

TG, remember being just behind one of those incidents a few years back. Always catches someone out.

07/11/2012 at 16:36

There always seems to be an incident Rodney. A few years ago a photographer wouldn't get out of the road and an armagh guy ran into him and was out of the race. Armagh lost out by about 2 points and that fella was none too happy.

Still - keeps it interesting!

Whatever about it loads of people seem to want to do the seeley.

07/11/2012 at 16:40

TG I did it a couple of years ago and it was quite ciy in places I hope it's not as cold this year. The warmup was done in the car with the heater on full blast.

07/11/2012 at 17:50

nice shout out to the parkrun at waterworks on this weeks marathon talk.....

07/11/2012 at 19:30

Seeley is a bit mad at the start, isn't it?. I'm happier once I make it though the gates on the first lap. But it's a good opportunity to catch up with people, so I'll be there again this year. We've 10 from our club registered so far.

I don't get often enough to the Waterworks Parkrun, but I couldn't miss last Saturday for it's 2nd anniversary. North Belfast Harriers really go out of their way to make us welcome and Matt, Ruth, Mags etc put on a great party last Saturday. I look forward to getting up there more over the next few months now that the marathon training is over. 

Alwyn, I also just missed out on a London place through the club draw. I think my missus would have only been too happy for an excuse to bash the credit card in the shops, so perhaps it was for the best. 

08/11/2012 at 13:17

Not sure if I can make the Steeley  as a old a old friend of the fourm used to call it due to famliy commitments, which is a shame as I have missed it the last couple of years due to being to being knackered from the ultra races. 

No London place for me also this year so I have entered the Manchester marathon which is a week after London, then pacing at Belfast again

Kenny get Dervock marathon on again this year, such a great day out last year and with Newry and L/Derry marathons as well we will be spoiled for choice 

08/11/2012 at 16:46

Jim unless we get a sponsor coming on board I can't see it happening but I'll let you know as I know.

17,821 to 17,840 of 20,136 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.