Northern Ireland Running

18,041 to 18,060 of 20,212 messages
18/01/2013 at 09:10
Well done JP, big change in the weather today, absolutely freezing in Belfast. I did Dervock last year and really enjoyed it. Good luck with the training,trying to get 8 miles done today before the snow comes.
18/01/2013 at 10:56

I've not been out yet today, 3 degrees this morning in belfast so I fully expect to be freezing and am not looking forward to the temperature!

I also plan to do Larne but won't be signing up just yet as have been bitten by injury in the past. I'll enter before closing date though.

I was planning to have a good go at a parkrun tomorrow but I'm not sure conditions will be too good for it at that time of the morning based on weather predictions!

18/01/2013 at 12:59
Tg,just got out of car,temp now down to 0.5 , I must admit its not exactly encouraging me to stick on the trainers
18/01/2013 at 13:31

I can now confirm - it is not warm out there and if you are running wear leggings!!

18/01/2013 at 16:08
Managed 6 miles before things started getting a bit rocky 4, the waterworks was empty and quite stunning with the snow on the ground. To use another 80's cliche ,If you are going for a run and you're old enough to remember hill street blues "be careful out there".
18/01/2013 at 19:08

i have serious doubts about my run tomorrow being outside!  i thnik ill end up on a treadmill in the gym!!  take care anyone whos out in those conditions!!

18/01/2013 at 20:49

Think we're going to get off relatively lightly compared to parts of England & Wales ... not much more snow forecast . Just to be pretty much hovering around freezing point all weekend.
I've a run scheduled in for tomorrow anoon & sunday morning - it'll happen rain, hail, ice or snow!

Nice one Martin on the arctic run!

18/01/2013 at 21:30
Cheers Ricky, enjoy your weekend .
18/01/2013 at 21:35
Ran approximately 8. @ lunchtime from city centre up to cutters then a fair bit of running in Belvoir Forest and back from forest side to city centre. Had leggings but made schoolboy error and packed s sleeve t. Snowy but not as bad as later in day when underfoot conditions had changed a fair bit. will probbein Derry this weekend and may do long run around first coupleofhours of Walled marathon course
18/01/2013 at 21:44

HMM - you too are a snow running maniac like Martin .... short sleeves too, impressive! That's a interesting weekend long run you have ahead of you - something different is always good... it sometimes gets repetitive running similar routes around home so thats something to look forward to.

My eldest has just informed me she needs dropped to the train station @ 0658 in the morning so I might just squeeze a 6 miler in before work @ 9am

18/01/2013 at 22:32

You're all mad. But then I'm just jealous. I'm still nursing a stress fracture,which I picked up a month ago, so can't run at all, For  the meantime, I'm keeping up some cardio fitness by swimming, on the cross trainer, and now trying a bit of spinning. So it's not so bad.

You're still mad, though.

18/01/2013 at 23:30
Hmm, good man !! Also excellent idea for your long run,let me know the insider information.

Ricky sounds like my Saturdays, 5 sons ,3 different rugby fields, rugby all cancelled tomorrow which just means I get to go to work earlier ,enjoy your morning run.

Paul, hope things get better soon, I have never ran in snow in my life and just thought why not,needed to do some miles, great being out there but started getting a bit tricky on the road home, like hmm just got my timing right, fractured my wee toe 2 summers ago, it took 4 months to heal, very frustrating, also taught me never ever beach run with an over excited saint bernard again
19/01/2013 at 00:06

I had entered for Run Forest Run tomorrow but it has been postponed.  Can't say I'm disappointed as I wasn't looking forward to the journey from Belfast in that weather.

I'm on early-morning driving duty as well, so not sure if I can get to Waterworks parkrun.

19/01/2013 at 00:27
Paul, waterworks looked great today but bottom lake was barely holding its banks, north end was spilling up onto the path, wise decision for gosford ,would be pretty bleak, good to know there's another family taxi out there, I would love to do parkrun but Saturdays are hard work for me, my son has ran it a few times and really likes it, does it continue through the summer?
19/01/2013 at 08:51
It's on all year round martin.
Edited: 19/01/2013 at 08:52
19/01/2013 at 09:11
Thanks TG
19/01/2013 at 15:28

Strangely mild afternoon today - I think it was mainly because the biting wind from the last few days. I'm following (roughly) an ASICS 1/2 training plan so I was down for a 5.5 mile build-up run between 6.36 and 7.16 m/m - felt tough enough.

19/01/2013 at 16:28

Martin, yes as TG said, Waterworks parkrun is on every Saturday morning, all year round.  We even put on extra events on Christmas and New Year's Day. It would be great to see you if you could make it over some week.

This morning 71 parkrunners made it to the Waterworks despite the wintery conditions. Thankfully it was just slushy rather than icy, so it was able to go ahead without any problem.  Even with the other parkruns happening in Belfast, we're still attracting big numbers and had 187 last week.

Good to see you this morning Paul OH.   End of parkrun plug

19/01/2013 at 19:15
Hi Margaret,was driving past this morning going to work and seen everyone , must admit I was very jealous, it was a lovely morning for a run and fantastic to see such numbers. My Saturdays get easier once rugby finishes, so I will definitely get down in late spring ,thanks again.

End of secondary parkrun plug
19/01/2013 at 21:05
Wimped out of my 7am run this morn - dark, windy & sideways sleet. Went out at after work @ 2pm instead for 6 mls at MP - 8.28 mmls.

Good running JP! Great pace - I'd love to able to run that sort of pace over that distance!
18,041 to 18,060 of 20,212 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.