Northern Ireland Running

18,161 to 18,180 of 19,850 messages
05/02/2013 at 18:05
John, there will be more info released shortly. Looking forward to the craic pacing the 2.15 group again at Larne this year.

No real need to sign up, just look out for the vests etc

Kenny, I was thinking the same as I was out with one of the beginners groups last night.
05/02/2013 at 18:07
I got my intervals done at 6.15am today and the snow was more like a crusty frist - great grip. Nice to get a key sesdion like that done early
05/02/2013 at 18:45

I rather foolishly attempted a tempo run along the Coast Road this afternoon - now I had planned it so the wind was behind me, but this kind of back fired when I nearly ended up going over the wall at Ballygally head!!!  The gusts of wind were truly awful!  I haven't heard what all pacing groups there are yet at the half marathon, there is a meeting on Thursday night so I'll find out the details & get them posted onto the website.

05/02/2013 at 21:32

Pacers sound good - never ran in a pacer group before so would be interested in doing at Larne if there is a 1.45 pacer planned.... look forward to hearing more on Friday then Heather! I wimped out of a wet & windy run today and ran my 6 mile tempo session on the treadmill - tough going I have to say... outdoor tempo seems easier for some reason?!

Belfast half is whetting the appetite - especially finishing on the track. One for the diary.

Hope the ankle isn't bothering you too much Martin.

05/02/2013 at 21:51
Mrs Ricky W isn't getting much use out of that new treadmill Ankles pretty good Ricky ,to horrible outside today so I rested again , planning long run tomorrow morning, I found the pacers in Dublin a great focus , think I have managed to get a pass out for Larne so would also be interested in the pacers (thanks Heather),Belfast sounds good and a good time of year to
05/02/2013 at 22:50
I see Walled City site has started posting its "meet your pacers" very exciting
06/02/2013 at 09:32

Intervat session tough going last night. The only good part was the up hill section with the wind on your back you just lay back and let the wind do the work.

HMM it's nice running on a fresh layer of snow. I have a few first timers doing Larne so will encourage them to tag on to the approiate pacing group so they don't get carried away at the start.

06/02/2013 at 10:11

HMM & Heather, thanks for the up date on the pacers. As you know my issue is consistency over the longer distances so the pacers take away that worry. I am looking to to do around 1hr 40m so will look for help with the nearest timed pacer.

06/02/2013 at 11:19
13 miles this morning , fantastic fresh morning for a long run , ankle feels good
06/02/2013 at 12:37

Good Martin it looks good out there the sun is even shining on the North Coast.

06/02/2013 at 14:31

Thanks Kenny , in my view the sun always shines on the North Coast (even when it rains!)

06/02/2013 at 18:19
Kenny what are S'wells weekend training times in the triangle as I'll be up at the caravan in Portrush quite a bit from March. Do any of your crew do a run before/after parkrun?
06/02/2013 at 22:35

Nice day for it alright Martin.... no damage done to the ankle then if it didnt protest after 13 miles. Happy days.

Finally got back out on the tarmac tonight for my usual Wednesday Hill Session followed by a tempo mile @ 7.07 on the way back home just to liven things up. Total run just short of 4.5 miles.
Treadmill is tempting when weather is bad - but nothing beats getting out on the road!

07/02/2013 at 09:51

HMM I'm not at the Parkrun very often so I don't know. We meet at 8.00am at Mathewsons Chemist car Park, Ballymoney on a Sunday. This is the only timetabled run. Gillian does some off road stuff but I'm not sure what time she goes out.

07/02/2013 at 18:16
Glad I did my long run yesterday, squally out there today, 6 miles to do later , Ricky welcome back to the pavement, that was a great tempo speed, speed work is the bit I really struggle with
07/02/2013 at 21:54

Weather was 'minging' today. Went out just before lunchtime, light rain, which quickly turned to heavy rain, lots of big puddles, and around some of the paths I was on muddy puddles too. At least it wasn't too windy. That's my LR sorted for the week (13 miles).

07/02/2013 at 22:38

Good to get the Long Runs in when you can JP! I have a 17miler scheduled in for Sunday morning and the forecast isn't great!

Martin - similar here... just in from a 7 miler - first 5 MP last 2 tempo (7.32 & 7.21 pace) ... 58.38 fror the run with overall average pace 8.23. Funny enough I'm the opposite with speedwork - I enjoy ramping up the pace (particularly in the closing stages of a run) and need to be more disciplined not to do it! I was supposed to run my 7 miles tonight at MP right through but thought what the hell and kicked for home on the last two .

07/02/2013 at 22:52
Unlucky JP, I went out tonight and managed 8 miles before the rain came on.

Ricky,that's good going ,I did 4 miles steady uphill at about average 9:30/m and 4 downhill at about 8:30/m.

Keep up the good work guys !
07/02/2013 at 23:04
Hello folks!
Very jealous reading your running tales this past week - I've opted for a break from running to see if I can be rid of my nagging lower ab strain. Mood not helped by trying to watch my calorie intake whilst calorie burn so reduced!

Good to hear you're over your man-flu, Ricky - hope to join you Sun morning. I never put too much store by longer- range forecasts!
07/02/2013 at 23:43
Good man Alwyn, take it easy you know it makes sense, the miles you are doing it won't be long to you burn off all those extra calories , you can train harder when you are at 100%'it won't be long,take care
18,161 to 18,180 of 19,850 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.