Northern Ireland Running

18,201 to 18,220 of 20,259 messages
12/02/2013 at 21:27
Cheers Ricky, feel fine today took a night off , 8 miler tomorrow. That was a great tempo run,well done
12/02/2013 at 22:14

We had a meeting yesterday regarding the cross country.  The grounds have not recovered from the torrential rain earlier last year and the course is in a pretty bad state and a decision had to be made as to whether to cancel it or go ahead by using trails and other runnable surfaces. 

As you will remember the International event had to be moved from Stormont  for the same reason.  We had been asked by Estates Management to cancel the event a couple of months ago but had hoped that the grounds would have dried out sufficiently by now to allow us to run the event on the normal course.  Unfortunately this is not the case, but rather than cancel we have opted to go ahead with an amended course.

The alternative course is being measured tomorrow and we are meeting with Estates Management on Friday morning so I can update you further following that, but in the meantime I'm happy to answer any questions.

13/02/2013 at 09:31

Hill session last night. I felt I was running with someone elses legs but managed to complete the session.

Mags it will make an interesting change to the race. The ground is saturated at the moment. We could do with a months good dry windy weather to dry it out a bit.

13/02/2013 at 09:39
Ah Kenny, I bet you feel better today having completed it though , onwards and upwards , took the bull by the horns this morning and signed up for the Larne Half
13/02/2013 at 09:40

Thanks Mags / Mark. Sounds interesting. I wonder how that impacts the cross country league. They can hardly count it if it's not a cross country...

9 mile easy enough last night. Foot starting to annoy me a bit but hopefully it's nothing.

13/02/2013 at 09:46

TG - That was a major consideration, and we had to take advice from Athletics NI. I'll confirm later.

13/02/2013 at 18:22

Confirmation that the Stormont cross country event will count towards the league due to the exceptional circumstances.  I'm still waiting for Athletics NI to update their website, but you can spread the word in the meantime.

13/02/2013 at 22:36

Good to get the session done Kenny.

I was out for a few hills tonight myself and even surprised myself with a sub 7 m/ml on the way home... haven't seen one of those on the watch since 2006!

Maybe see you at Larne Martin - I haven't signed up yet but will be soon!

13/02/2013 at 22:57
Nice hill work Ricky , stuck at a gcse parent/teacher meeting all evening, off tomorrow gonna try a 10 miler, hope to see you at Larne
14/02/2013 at 09:16

Thanks for the info Mags.

14/02/2013 at 11:10

Mags I will post the info on the Ballymena Facebook page

14/02/2013 at 15:18

Heading for the Armagh road races this evening.  Really good lineup in the elite races, should be enjoyable to watch.

http://www.runnerslife.co.uk/latest-news/armagh-5k-3k-start-list/1940

14/02/2013 at 17:50
Work emergency,10 miler scrapped, salvaged the day by doing a quick(for me) 4 miles home, 32 mins , I think I going to enjoy that valentines steak even more now
14/02/2013 at 22:42

It happens Martin - it's all about reshaping the plan when needs must I suppose so good you got that fast 4 done instead.

I had to go back out to work tonight so bolted my Valentines steak down in my rush to get back out to work... got home later and got out at 8.30pmish for an 8 miler. Not a bad night to be out - dry & bright.

15/02/2013 at 09:46

Got o ut and done 5 miles last night a lovely night for running. Fingers crossed I get the double figure run done on Sunday.

15/02/2013 at 13:22
Too good a morning to waste eating toast and watching "Homes under the hammer" ,went out for 11 miles ,cracking day for a run !

Ricky keep up the good work , Kenny the double figures are so close you can taste them , keep going
15/02/2013 at 16:08

Great night of racing at Armagh last night, the speed of the elite runners is astonishing.  Plenty of local runners posted very good times in the race as well.  There wasn't a tv camera to be seen which is a scandal given the standard of competition IMO.  Local media has never given this event the profile it deserves.

15/02/2013 at 21:29

Saw a few pics from Armagh on facebook Paul- looked good... pity its not given some coverage as you say.

Good running Martin & Kenny! Hope that sun holds for my Sunday long run!

15/02/2013 at 22:54
Paul, I agree my brother lives there and he thought it was just a local run, to be fair unless you looked into it in detail ,the calibre of the runners,the previous times posted, you could be forgiven for making that mistake which seems a real shame .

Ricky good luck for Sunday
16/02/2013 at 16:31
Cheers Martin - attempting a 20 miler in the morning .. Lovely 8.5 miles this afternoon in some, dare I say it, 'spring sunshine'?!
18,201 to 18,220 of 20,259 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.