Northern Ireland Running

18,401 to 18,420 of 20,196 messages
15/03/2013 at 12:03

Thanks Kenny. Yeh been to physio no lasting damage , ice packs and rest and some strengthening exercises for the surrounding muscles ,no running until sunday, then i will take it from there

HMM
15/03/2013 at 13:07
15/03/2013 at 15:26

HMM, If there was ever a photo to be used to advertise Ballymena runners that has to be it , superb,well done again!

15/03/2013 at 15:44

HMM some good pics.

15/03/2013 at 20:10
HMM great grizzly photos, enjoy your long run this weekend.
Looks like everyone is training hard and getting some good sessions in.
15/03/2013 at 22:58

HMM - fair play to you, literally knee deep & you even appeared to be smiling/enjoying yourself in some of the shots! .... that caper looks way beyond my capabilities! Well done.

11mls tonight for me @ 8.36 pace..... 22 scheduled for Sun morning and will bring me to 60 for the week which is a first for me

16/03/2013 at 15:57

I haven't been on for a while & I think the last thing I was to find out was about pacers for next Saturday!!  We have 3 pace groups 1.30, 1.45 & 2.00 - you will be able to identify them by the balloons attached to the pacers!   We are now up to over 1000 runners & are on course for a record breaking entry, but that will mostly depend on how many people enter on the day, & if its anything like today that could be very few!!

My own training has been going quite well (nearly scared to say that in case I scud myself!) & its now only 7 weeks until I hit the roads in the Cincinnati marathon.  Tomorrow is a 21 mile run which is the farthest I've ever went in a training run, normally don't go beyond 20 so not sure how that will go!!

Hope to see a lot of you next week down in sunny?? Larne for the best half marathon in Northern Ireland!!!

16/03/2013 at 19:11

sure the sun always shines on race day in larne heather  fond memories of my first run on it 2 years ago signed up today to try it again , lovely run great scenery and hospitality .

easy 10 done today things shaping up well for the belfast derry double header ...

16/03/2013 at 22:32
Final ice pack of the week, Jimmys 10 here I come , have knee support will travel !
17/03/2013 at 07:47

Martin, good luck at Jimmy's.  I might see you down there.   I'm going to be helping around the finish line ofthe main race.  I'm heading down there shortly to help with the kids races first.

17/03/2013 at 08:13
Fantastic Margaret, I will keep a wee eye out for you and come and say hello
HMM
17/03/2013 at 18:10
Looking forward to seeing everyone at Larne Half. Next to Ballymena Runners they have the 2nd best post race refreshments

Back at it after Grizzly with a couple of shorter runs. LSR early tomorrow morning - 20 miles. Post Grizzly I cut way back. I've started to really appreciate the need to give the body time to recover.

Great runs across the many events and a really big well done to Ryan Maxwell at NiRunning. It's great being able to catch up with all the local stuff even when away on a weekend break with the better half.
Happy St Pats day btw. Couple of vitamin G in Glasgow last night. Yum.
17/03/2013 at 20:48
Great morning at Jimmys , got round in 50 something and knee held up so all good so far , looking forward to Larne but think I will be reviewing my time, looking forward to seeing you all.

Big shout out to Mags,lovely to meet you today
17/03/2013 at 22:02

Good man Martin- good to hear the knee behaved itself. My right knee has been giving me a bit of jip also during fridays run & todays LSR. cutback week this week before Larne so hopefully it'll get a bit of a rest.

You can't fail to miss me @ Larne - I'll be the bloke talking to magpies and hugging telegraph poles

Edited: 17/03/2013 at 22:02
17/03/2013 at 23:09
U can't fail to miss me I'm the bloke cursing the garmin he keeps switching off, nah asides that I'm 6ft 2, wear the same lucky blue n black Nike outfit , I will be wearing my ??9.99 Lego watch as a back up, and I have a face that can be best described as 1. " a mother only could kiss" or 2. "it should have numbers under it "

I think with Larne I'm just gonna run it, 1:45 might be an ask, we will see !!

Best of luck to the rest of you !
18/03/2013 at 13:56

10 miles done yesterday. The forecast on Saturday evening was terrible but it turned out to be a nice morning.

Well done Martin.

Heather I hope your right with the forecast for Saturday.

18/03/2013 at 16:28
Ran jimmys myself yesterday. Good wee race- definitely a tough one. East down do a great job with this race.

Good to see leek, if he's still lurking, getting back towards his old self after injury.

Thought i was in better shape than my time but first race of year so something to build on.

Well done martin and great job as ever mags.
18/03/2013 at 17:22
Thanks Kenny and TG. Really enjoyed Jimmys very well organised and a credit to east down ac .
18/03/2013 at 17:30
22 miles done yesterday. Thank goodness, that's out of the way. Let the crazy taper commence and the count down to Vienna marathon.
18/03/2013 at 18:44
Ran the dune half this morning, an it was tough with some brutal hills an a stiff head wind but the scenery took your mind off it,we'll run and marshalled with plenty to eat an drink at the finish, got round in 1:39:54 so I'm well pleased.a big thanks Barry and dermot and all the marshals and locals who cheered us on the whole way, great day out.
18,401 to 18,420 of 20,196 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.