Northern Ireland Running

18,601 to 18,620 of 20,302 messages
02/04/2013 at 18:20
Another 20miler banked today Belfast is getting close !!!
02/04/2013 at 23:13

Great pace HMM for what sounds like a tough 22 miler - has to be great training benefits with those sorts of runs if you can get through them.

Gregory - impressive stuff so soon after that PB of yours at the weekend! Seems like you are in great shape for Belfast ... what sort of time are you aiming at?

6 mile treadmill tempo session for me tonight - felt a bit green after 4 miles and had to back off - not a great run (too soon after a big pub grub feed I think!)

HMM
03/04/2013 at 09:43
Thanks Ricky im hoping thats the case. Tempo run on full stomach - u sure u didnt have a few pints toi
03/04/2013 at 11:21

HMM the Portrush Parkrun has been a real boost for some our runners. The ones who run it regularly are reaping the benefit when they hit the roads. I just wish I could do it more often.

03/04/2013 at 22:20
Hill session tonight , 10 repeats quick pace. Great to see abit of mild weather.
04/04/2013 at 11:26
www.facebook.com/TriLimits seems to be a bit of conflict re the cookstown half this year...anyone know any more?
04/04/2013 at 11:32

Whoever had been organising it all these years (presumably these tri people) sound like (from what I read though could be one sided) they've been overthrown for the council / WPFG and they've set up one in close proximity to it basically in protest...

Sounds like a messy enough affair.

04/04/2013 at 11:43
20 February Urgent. ....Urgent ......Urgent ....Urgent !!!!!!!!

The Tri-Limits Cookstown half marathon this year will take place from Garden World on the Cookstown to Dungannon rd. The date is 28th July @12 noon...the course remains 99% the same as in the previous 4 years...This event was created by Tri-Limits and has subsequently been organised by Tri-Limits since 2009. The past 4 years has been a struggle for us to get the race established as we are only a team of 2 and rely on friends and family each year to help us set up and run the race, we have never obtained any financial help from any individual or organisation.Each year profits from the event have been invested into provisions for the following year to help make our half marathon as successful as other half marathons in Northern Ireland(Omagh,Larne,Lisburn etc).With the help of our supporters we have been progressing to do so. However now in our 5th year,after the hard work has been done,local authorities have decided the Event is now theirs for the taking and have Taken full control for themselves and have dropped us Tri-Limits the Founders and organisers of the race who have worked hard over the years standing out at 4am setting up the course and all the other work that goes on in the weeks and months leading up to our race.So this is why we have moved location and are organising a new race 1week before their race ....We hope you will all vote with your feet and support us as you have in the years past for which we are always grateful.They have tried to push us out of our own event,however,we fully intend to press on and deliver our race as usual...your in Sport ....
04/04/2013 at 12:57
That all sounds pretty ugly , I haven't ran Cookstown , so have no idea of the politics involved , but it looks pretty messy
04/04/2013 at 13:03

which race is in the half marathon series?? I would reckon that will be the deciding factor with a lot of people.  Messy business indeed.

04/04/2013 at 13:25

doesnt sound too good at all! never done that half though...has there been any new date set so far for larne half? 

04/04/2013 at 14:14
Easy 9.5 this morning weather picking up a little thankfully . Regarding the Cookstown half only one side of the story is being told so unless you've ran in it very hard to have an opinion !!! Feel for the tri limits guys as I know them but it may be for the best only time will tell . Question is will the council hold it every year now ??????
04/04/2013 at 15:47

I think it's the council one thats in the half marathon series. The council have probably got involved this year as it's part of the WP games whether they stay involved in future years is another matter only time will tell.

I have ran it once and it's a tough enough run. You have to feel sorry for Tri Limits as they got it up and running but as Gregory say there are two sidesd to every story.

04/04/2013 at 18:09

Meeting tonight to confirm Larne half date, will give details when I get back

04/04/2013 at 18:50
Ah that explains the two dates for Cookstown. I was chatting to a fellow participant in the pre-reg queue @ Omagh and he was adamant it was on 28th July. I was adamant it was on 4th Aug as that is the date on Athletics NI/HM series site. So Heather based on that then it must be the council/WPFG event on the 4th that counts in the HM series.

Pity... as two races a week apart will obviously dilute each other - seems to me that both organisers would have more to gain by agreeing a joint venture, pooling resources and having one race. Obviously it mustn't be as simple As that and who knows what has gone on.

I did it last year; enjoyed the course and was planning on running it again this year - in a quandary now as to which one to do! Would like to support the previous organisers but as Heather says if its not in the HM series this will sway my decision the other way.
04/04/2013 at 22:10

Just over 5 miles done tonight. Lovely bright evening great to get out into the country after being stuck in the town for the winter months.

04/04/2013 at 23:06

Hot off the FaceBook press:  

"NiRunning (Northern Ireland Running)

Larne Athletic Club have tonight confirmed that the new date for the AES Larne Half Marathon will be Saturday 8th June 2013."

Edited: 04/04/2013 at 23:06
04/04/2013 at 23:11
Less than a week after Derry marathon should be fun !!!
04/04/2013 at 23:20

8th june sounds good to me, little rest after belfast and back to it for larne!  hopefully it'll be good weather up there as well, gives a good 10 days or so before lisburn 10k/half as well,

05/04/2013 at 08:52

It was an almost impossible task getting a date & unfortunately we are clashing with Mourne marathon.  Hopefully there won't be too many people who were hoping to do both of these events.  All systems go for 8th June!!

18,601 to 18,620 of 20,302 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.