Northern Ireland Running

18,781 to 18,800 of 20,242 messages
21/04/2013 at 21:32
Fantastic martin and jason! All them tough winter miles turning into pbs,bring on belfast.
21/04/2013 at 21:35

Great to finally meet you Martin...dont be fooled by that "doing fantastically" bit..I was suffering!...and suffering bad!

Edited: 21/04/2013 at 21:46
21/04/2013 at 22:55
Mark, If that's suffering I want some ! well done again !
21/04/2013 at 22:59
Sean, thanks it really felt good out there today
21/04/2013 at 23:46

Anyone else having problems with this site today? grrrrrr

No Martin that def wasn't me - I was probably still struggling back at that stage!

First official 10k for me so as long as I finished was always gonna be a PB!.....

10k's are a bit tough aren't they? - found it fairly intense!

Ran 46.20 so happy enough.

Good running guys & congrats on the PB's.

HMM ran 3.48 in London I believe - well done that man .... you even beat Mo Farah!

22/04/2013 at 00:12
I've been having problems here for a few days its very slow and quite frustrating !

Cracking time Ricky, I love a 10k ,the buzz and energy about it is so different, it can be quite intense, different from the marathon where u have a plan and months of training, 10k you just want to up your speed , it's great !

Was reading the times for VLM , hmm did great, no pain finished with a great time , but for him maybe not , stomach problems, which are never good,he will tell it better( NP I follow your marathon thread)' well done guys !!!!!
22/04/2013 at 00:14
Ricky, read it back think about my finish time, there's no way I'm in front
22/04/2013 at 08:01
excellent results every1,you's bound be buzzing today,its great feeling when it all comes together;well done.
22/04/2013 at 09:33

Some excellent times yesterday and a few PB's well done guys.

22/04/2013 at 09:36

I was planning on doing Titanic 10k but an accountancy class all day yesterday put paid to that notion. I did do 9 miles though yesterday evening in preparation for Newry Half marathon. Doest anyone know what the course is like in Newry? I am a bit nervous about it as its my first half marathon and that 9 miles yesterday was the furthest i have ever run so thats partly the reason for my nerves! Also I would like to get a good time but maybe i should just concentrate on getting round and focussing on times at other half marathons.

22/04/2013 at 10:41

Looking for a bit of advice. Staying in Belfast next Saturday night and looking for a 6/7 mile route next Sunday morning. Staying in Holiday Inn behind City Hall, any ideas of which direction to go? lol

22/04/2013 at 10:44

BOD Newry is a good course, I did my HM pb there.  There is a tough climb at half-way, otherwise it's flat, mostly along the canal tow-path.

Some good times yesterday at TQ folks.  I ran 49:42, a bit slower than average but still a grand day out all-round.  Thanks for the help as ever, Mags.  Might give the Armagh 10k a go next weekend, it's a good race.

22/04/2013 at 11:10
SD, If you head north straight out of town up the Antrim Road as far as the waterworks park, two circuits of it and back should get you your seven miles ,good luck
22/04/2013 at 14:10

Cheers Martin, would I cross the Westlink onto the Antrim at Clifton Street?

HMM
22/04/2013 at 15:23
Well done to everyone who ran at the weekend and great to hear of pbs being achieved esp at TQ10k.

No such joy in London for myself. Didn't get settled into planned pace early enough and was at 1.47 ish at around halfway. Put in too many 7.45ish miles and then bang. Walk/run for a few miles and was able to run the last 3 or so in.

Getting 3 mins off my 2010 pb to go sub 330 is proving to be elusive. Still had a cracking day and I felt my training had been good.

Just didn't deliver on the day - no excuses. I hope to get another chance maybe in the Autumn. But for now time to rest and enjoy the great memories from y'day.

Legs feel okish today but boy am I tired. Hope everyone training for BCM and Derry are running well and I'll hope to see you there.
22/04/2013 at 15:42
SD from your hotel run along the back of city hall until you get to junction of opera house and jury's turn right stay on this road pass Belfast inst then pass Belfast tech, keep going straight you will see st Patrick's chapel on right and Clifton house on your left, go left up Clifton street, come to Carlisle circus (roundabout) turn right, you are now on main Antrim road , head on up the road about a mile ,waterworks on your left ,two full figure eights of the duck ponds and top play park is 5k (route is on waterworks parkrun site) then back the way you came, hope this helps
22/04/2013 at 15:50

Great Martin. Thanks a million!

22/04/2013 at 20:19

Hello Folks!

Good to hear everyone enjoyed Titanic Q 10K.

Picking up on previous comments about problems with this site . . .  I have been unable to load this forum using my iPhone for days now! Have accessed now via a MacBook. Anyone else still having problems?

22/04/2013 at 20:22

I now have seen on website bugs forum that others also having iPhone/iPad issues. 

22/04/2013 at 21:03
Hi all. I am very keen to run the Derry marathon and had planned to enter as soon as I had heard about it. I assumed I had plenty of time but when I checked the website I had missed the initial entry by one day; I then didn't realise there would be a further tranche of places released and missed that too by one day! So am now very disappointed .   Does anyone know of anyone who has a place they aren't using? I'll make sure its all above board with the organisers etc. (although I understand the race numbers have your name on so I'd have to run under someone else's name - not a problem for me )   Thanks in advance 
18,781 to 18,800 of 20,242 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.