Northern Ireland Running

18,801 to 18,820 of 20,165 messages
22/04/2013 at 21:04
The ipad is very slow alwyn but does load...

Hmm good report. Doesn't always go exactly to plan but you still did well. Keep plugging away and i'm sure you'll get your 3:30.
22/04/2013 at 21:46
Same here Alwyn, iPad takes ages but does load eventually and just this site.

Hmm, still a fantastic time
22/04/2013 at 23:25

Well done HMM - live to fight another day. Congrats

I-phone just wont load this site now.

Laptop works - just. V slow and sometimes won't play ball at all.

22/04/2013 at 23:36
iPad speeding up tonight
23/04/2013 at 09:58

The VLM weekend was great. An amazing event, spectacle which the organisors have running like clockwork.

My wife did a time of 4.43 in her first marathon, throughly enjoying the experience!

I managed a pb at the Beckton parkrun where some other local runners ran as well Thomas from Orangegrove and Suzanna from Ballymena( http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beckton/results/latestresults/ )

A lovely small parkrun, ran on grass and concrete, and we were made to feel very welcome by the regulars.  I also met Tom (who does the parkrun podcast and a running couple from Bristol who are doing the Lisburn Half, all being well, I'll keep them right when they come over in June.

I also managed a 12 m or so "site-seeing" lsr from the Olympic stadium, through the East End, central London, around Hyde Park to Birdcage Walk to cheer on my wife at the finish. Well I had 4.43 hours to kill!

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 10:03
23/04/2013 at 10:49
Alan that's a fantastic time your wife must be delighted and you couldn't get a better first marathon , well done her !!!
23/04/2013 at 12:10

Cheers mate

23/04/2013 at 13:30

Alan I'm sure your wife is pleased with her first marathon. Marker set to better the next time.

Well done on your PB at the Parkrun.

Interval session with the beginners last night helped loosen the legs after Sunday's 13 miler.

23/04/2013 at 22:11
This site loading again quickly using an iPhone - happy days!

Great interval session at the club tonight: 10min @ 10k pace, 3mins recovery, 5 x 3mins @ 5k pace with 90s recoveries, 5 x 1min @ 3k pace with 60s recoveries.

Home in time to catch end of Bayern devouring Barca whilst I devoured a bowl of pasta & spicy sausage! I love the tired but satisfied feeling after a tough session.
23/04/2013 at 22:19
Alwyn , that made me tired just reading it
23/04/2013 at 22:24
Anyone know what's happening with Larne half fees if you can't run ? , checked the site a few times and no obvious answer .
23/04/2013 at 23:01
Hill session tonight,10 repeats,worked them down to 5:05m/m pace.felt a bit sick near end, i shouldn't scoffed that hot chocolate Sunday before leaving,damn you icecream man! Lol. 41/2miles total.
23/04/2013 at 23:19
Sean, the ice cream man should be a psychologist or a personal trainer he knows our weaknesses and knows how to break us , great running even post ice cream evils
24/04/2013 at 14:14

Hill session last night 3 long hills 0.7 miles long jog recovery. Lovely night for running and I got faster as the session progressed. 7 miles in total.

Like Alwyn watched as Bayern beat Barca.

24/04/2013 at 19:17
I earned that icecream Martin,it was my prize for a 1st place finish in 100 mtrs sprint to the van lol - -nice1 kenny, I'm really feeling the benefit of regular hill sessions,can't wait put them into practice in Belfast.
24/04/2013 at 20:55

Good running at the weekend everyone.  HMM hope you're resting up now for Belfast.  I know a couple of girls that are relying on you and Jim to get them across that line in under 4.30.

It was good to see a lot of you at Titanic on Sunday.  I didn't manage to see any of the race as I was indoors most of the time but I was able to get a nice spot handing out bananas and water at the finish. Ricky I didn't get to see you on Sunday, but it was good to meet you on Friday.  Hope the race went well for you.

Martin, I think your best bet would be to give the organiser of Larne Half a call or drop them an email.

I've lost track -  who all is doing Belfast?  Soon be time for taper madness to start kicking in.

24/04/2013 at 20:56

Martin - the silence is deafening re: Larne Half refunds! That said I will be running it so no issue for me.... I'm assuming it may not suit you on the 8th June? Maybe they'll give you a credit for free entry next year?

Sean - those are seriously fast Hill reps! Looking good for Belfast!

Keeping the speed sessions & intensity up during my taper but reducing the mileage (only 28 miles total scheduled this week).

Interval session last night - 6 X 0.5MLS @ 7.00 pace with 0.25ML recoveries @ 9.30 pace ... some MP at end.... 6 miles in total.

Hill session tonight - 4 miles in total.

10 miler @ MP planned for tomorrow evening. 

Watching the football tonight surprisingly an all German final may be on the cards! As a Gunners fan our result away to Bayern in the second leg looks pretty good after last night!

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 21:02
24/04/2013 at 22:45

Mags - don't know how I missed you as I was glad of the banana & water at the end! Yes had a decent run - 46.20 & a PB (well it was my first 10k so anything would have been a PB!)

No Belfast for me - however doing Limerick the day before (5th May) .... hope to be relaxing in the Hotel spa on the Monday morning while everyone is running Belfast!

I have a pal who emigrated to Oz a few years back and she has since become runner, joined a club and enjoys parkruns & 10k's. She is looking for a running vest with "Northern Ireland" or the likes on it.... anyone steer me in the right direction? Do any of the club vests carry a country name on them or anything?

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 22:48
24/04/2013 at 23:22

belfast for me, finding the taper quite annoying though, always feel like im losing fitness by not running long on a saturday morning!!  will be at parkrun this week though instead and maybe a couple more easy miles....not long to go now!

HMM
25/04/2013 at 07:21
Ricky, the NiRunning website has their own range of vedts and hoodies etc with large nirunning on front. If you ask on their fb or Twitter feed how to buy. They look good.
18,801 to 18,820 of 20,165 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.