Northern Ireland Running

19,121 to 19,140 of 20,196 messages
05/06/2013 at 01:49

Great report DS - and congratulations. Are you going to take a rest now?

Well done everyone on Sunday - it looks like it was a great event.  Unfortunately it was one marshalling opportunity that I had to pass on as I'm currently on hols. 

05/06/2013 at 08:06

Cheers Mags,enjoy your holiday

05/06/2013 at 09:17

Well done to all who ran the WCM it interesting to hear everyone version of the event.

From a spectators point of view it was great you could watch the race twice at the Craigavon Bridge (6 & 15 miles) Peace Bridge 20miles and the finish all within a short walk. Crowds gathered at these points and there was good support for the runners.

DS well done on your ironman triathlon are you for resting or will we see you make an appearance at Ballymena tonight.

I tried a few strides last night at interval training and the leg is improving so hopefully won't be long before I'm back again. Lovely weather at the moment looks like it's going to warm for tonight's race and Larne on Saturday.

05/06/2013 at 11:06

Kenny that's exactly where my wife and children did their spectating they thought it was great because they got to see me 4 times , hope you get relief from that injury soon

D S
05/06/2013 at 11:36

I'm resting up from races for a few weeks now and I'll resist the temptation of a trip to Ballymena tonight, Kenny.  Enjoyed an easy recovery run along the coastal path at 6:30 in the early morning sunshine without any problems.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Mags 

05/06/2013 at 14:55

Well done Ray, glad you enjoyed it.

DS, that's some achievement.  I hope they had "Expert" on the t-shirts, 

Honourable mention to Lisoider who did WCM in 3:10.  Is that a pb?

05/06/2013 at 15:44

Thanks Paul....no PB was my 3rd Mara in 5 weeks, Madrid 3:07, B'fast 3:11 and WCM 3:10 (all undulating courses), consistent and all inside my previous PB. Perhaps if I had concentrated on one I could have gone close to the sub 3. A rest this week then some shorter races over the summer and onto Dublin (perhaps closer to 3hr mark). Have to say really enjoyed WCM, crowds excellent and bottled water (Belfast take note), copious gels although I am sure thay could have found a flatter way back to Guildhall and avoid the last hill. Thinking of keeping medal by the bedside and any intruders will get a shock!

DS, well done, awesome! 

05/06/2013 at 22:56

Lisoider, fantastic time, 3 in 5 weeks , worse than my 2 in 4 , but great times, well done, I'm doing the same , some short races and work on my half time over the summer next marathon in October , enjoyDublin it's great ( it's usually at this stage I find the person I'm talking to has ran it 17 times so bear with me

06/06/2013 at 00:03

Not quite 17 Dublins Martin but several 

06/06/2013 at 00:12

Lisoider

06/06/2013 at 09:31

Well done Lisoider that consistent running. I think they want you to run through the walls at some stage in the race but it would have been nice if they could have had it at mile 20. Heard last night the it looks like it will be repeated next year.

I had a good night at the Fairhill 5 good turn out and a good nights racing just wish I could have ran.

06/06/2013 at 09:52

As Kenny said it was a good nights racing at the Fairhill 5 enjoyed watching and helping out. 

A big well done to TG from the forum who was flying and came in 5th i think

Looking forward to running Larne now and seeing whats left in the tank after 3 marathons 5 weeks maybe not a lot but will be giving it my best shot 

06/06/2013 at 10:26

Cheers Jim - you guys did a really good job of marshalling with the traffic on roundabouts etc. Thanks for the encouragement as well.(Yes 5th it was)

Good luck to everyone in Larne. I'm going to give it a miss and do the Belfast half.

(P.S. I think everyone thought the Lord Mayor of Ballymena was going to make a speech at the start of the race and when she blew the airhorn it was a bit of a surprise!!)

06/06/2013 at 10:32

TG well done that's a fantastic time.

Jim best of luck at Larne you've a heart like a lion

4 easy miles this morning just to remind my legs whose in charge !

HMM
06/06/2013 at 22:36

Easy 6 on Monday night and nice 4 tonight.  Looking forward to Larne and 2 hour pacing.   My bro is racing his 1st half.  Good crowd of B'mena Runners heading dow.

Nice to cstch up with forumites at Fairhill 5. 

06/06/2013 at 22:44

Great running in WCM folks! Good hear it might be a regular annual fixture - does anyone know if they will continue to restrict the entry next year?

TG - fantastic run @ Fairhill - congrats.

Who's up for sunny Larne (who'd have thought we'd be saying that back in late March!) on Saturday?

Does anyone know if the water stations will be paper cups or bottled water?

What's next on your race calendar Martin?

06/06/2013 at 23:09

Ricky my next race is going to be the Lisburn half , two of my sons are going for the 10k that night aswell , I pulled out of Larne as I thought it was too soon after WCM but feel pretty good so sort of regretting that now , ah well , best of luck for Larne , are you doing Lisburn ??

My plan for summer is mostly halfs and some smaller runs just for fun, plan to do Dervock, Cookstown,Belfast, Waterside, not sure about Groomsport as I can't find any details, might do Rathlin but after WCM it's knocked the funny side out of hills 

Majorca Marathon on 20th October ,1 day running,3 days sunning 

06/06/2013 at 23:48

Good man Martin - busy summer! Yes I plan to do Lisburn... if I survive Larne that is! After that the only thing planned in is Dublin.. although will probably do Waterside.

Would like to get another HM in in July/Early Aug so either Dervock or Cookstown I suppose. Will be off on Hols when Rathlin is on

Majorca sounds like the business alright

07/06/2013 at 00:18

Ricky , my very loose plan is to work on speed and hills and try and develop my hm pace, but , these plans involve me and I'm so relaxed I'm horizontal

i can definitely recommend  Dervock it's a great half , well run , not flat , plenty to do in the village for the family, so much so that I was home alone and my family where still on the bouncy castle 

I fancy Cookstown because its part of the WPFG one of those might never happen again runs so that's why I'm doing both .

Have you done Dublin before ?

p

07/06/2013 at 09:26

I ran a nice easy 2 miles last night stopping after a mile and doing a few stretches then ran home. It was a lovely night and I felt not too bad. The legs a bit stiff today so I'm glad I didn't do any more.

Off to Larne tomorrow for a bit of sun bathing while I wait for the runners to return to the finish. I will also be promoting Dervock Half. There will be the usual entertainment after the race. I hope to able to post more information after our meeting on Tuesday evening. 

19,121 to 19,140 of 20,196 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.