Northern Ireland Running

19,221 to 19,240 of 20,170 messages
20/06/2013 at 22:59

Nice to see you again last night Mags -Stuart did fantastically well.... he passed me just after the 9 mile mark obviously pacing his race much better than I did! Had a chat to him at the finish and good to hear he is starting Dublin training next week! 

Martin - 2 Marathons in very respectable times so close together is a fantastic achievement so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself... if you go out too quick the Lisburn course will beat you. It beat me - I was walking through part of the Industrial estate at 11 miles and dropped 2 mins on that mile. Heat, hills, too fast first half, and in your case 2 mara's in your legs, all conspire against a decent time for anyone on the Lisburn course. Can't open that pic of the dog for some reason but I believe you

Great news Kenny on the injury and great 10k run.

Mark well done on toughing it out - hope the Achilles is feeling better today.

Alwyn I noticed you were missing in action this morning and have to admit I did wonder if the ankle chip strap had caused a problem.... so the lesson learned is to bin it going forward?! Stonking run from you as usual and glad Glenn got it sorted for you.

If it wasn't hilly enough at Lisburn for anyone it's Ards tomorrow week - entries close tomorrow. Good spread afterwards I believe unlike Lisburn which was a poor show - not even a Banana in sight!

Also  a reminder for all doing/considering doing Dublin - 18 weeks from Monday! (for those who usually follow an 18 week training plan)

21/06/2013 at 09:12

Ricky thanks for the Dublin promt I had better start thinking of training plans its not that far away.

I really struggled at Lisburn and limped home in 1;43.?? nearly 5 mins off Larne. I just could not get any speed or endurance in those legs of mine. I was very pleased with my daughters first on road race 53 mins in the 10k after 4 months running Great to catch up Mags and Kenny and I am hoping to do the Bridges race next week so I hope to meet some more of you happy recovery

23/06/2013 at 11:31

12 mile this morning wet and windy hope Thursday nite better for round the bridges 

23/06/2013 at 21:41

John, that's a great time on a tricky course, well done to your daughter

Gregory, it's horrible out there 

Still resisting the urge to go running determined to rest for a week then some light miles in the sun when I'm away 

23/06/2013 at 22:09

John - that's a great time.... nearly everyone I spoke to who ran Larne was at least 3 mins slower at Lisburn including myself so don't be too hard on yourself.

I switched my Long run to yesterday as I saw the wonderful forecast for today - being a glutton for punishment I ran a very hilly route (almost twice the elevation of the Lisburn Course according to my Garmin) and managed 15.2 miles .... dodged the showers and had an enjoyable jaunt - was fairly warm & sunny though a bit windy at times.

Martin - the rest will do you the world of good... running in the sun on hols is great... good way to explore also - just make sure you don't explore too many tavernas along the way

23/06/2013 at 22:29

Ricky, you know me too well, thats the first thing on my agenda , nice wee coastal run out to the next beach area which apparently, has some lovely restaurants, nice run for me, extra husband brownie points , it's a win win and there's beer at the end 

24/06/2013 at 10:03

My injury is playing up again. I went down yesterday morning to run a few miles with Andy Deal who was doing a 24 hour challenge on the Portrush Parkrun course. He couldn't have picked a worse weekend. I was fit to run out to the White Rocks with wind on our backs but had to walk into the head wind. I managed one lap and dropped out but was at the finish to welcome Andy home. He completed 26 plus Parkruns 82 miles. Well done Andy.  

25/06/2013 at 11:14

Sorry to hear injury playing up again Kenny. Mine still sore when driving but ok during most runs. Had a good run last night so entered Round the Bridges. Not race fit yet but will get round ok. 

25/06/2013 at 13:15

That's a heck of a feat from Andy Deal on the Whiterocks beach. Story behind his family tragedy and the inspiration for his run on nirunning website:
http://www.nirunning.co.uk/monthly-feature

Also amazing achievement by Dales Mathers completing the Bob Graham Round in just under 23hrs. Earlier this year, I read about the Bob Graham - not for the faint hearted!

We have some truly outstanding local endurance runners to look up to!!

Hope your injury setback is minor, Kenny.

Good to hear from you again, Rodney, it's been a long haul for you getting back.

Hoping to come through a good tough club session tonight and give myself the 'green light' for Ards on Friday.

25/06/2013 at 13:54

Thanks Alwyn. It has been a long time since I raced but still need to be patient with the fitness and injury. Good luck with the training session and all the best in Ards Half.

Edited: 25/06/2013 at 13:55
25/06/2013 at 21:17

5.5 mile tonight would need to feel lot better for round the bridges on Thursday night 

25/06/2013 at 22:13

Gregory you've been doing a lot but I'm sure you'll be fine , haven't ran since Wednesday , tempted to get out there , but I'm gonna resist , Puerto Rico on Saturday so some holiday running is the answer for me, next run will be be Dervock on my return ,best of luck !

Kenny, sorry to hear your troubles are back hope you get some ease soon

26/06/2013 at 11:53

No running for two weeks. Allowed to cross train so I'll have to get the bike out. Frustrating.

155 pre entries for the bridges so should be a good nights racing.

26/06/2013 at 23:32

It's only 2 Kenny 

Thats good numbers for the bridges, one for the future 

27/06/2013 at 09:59

Very wet here at the minute but the forecast is for it to day up for tonight's race.

Hope to see some of you later.

27/06/2013 at 10:59

Good Luck Everyone !!! I hope you dont get Belfasts weather tonight its horrible here today

27/06/2013 at 23:52

great night at springwells round the bridges 10miler . perfect running conditions i managed pb 67.46 over the moon with that . great hospitality as always kenny hope your bag on the road soon.

28/06/2013 at 09:52

Well done Gregory. Great night I'm exhausted today.

Well done to John, HMM, Robin, Rodney thanks for your support.

28/06/2013 at 10:10

Thanks Kenny. Delighted with how my race went. Ran with Eric for most of the race and surprised myself at how I ran.

Well done to everyone else who raced and a big well done to Springwell for the usual great organisation and hospitality.

28/06/2013 at 10:13

Forgot to mention Mags and Max thanks for coming down to help out.

19,221 to 19,240 of 20,170 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.