Northern Ireland Running

19,521 to 19,540 of 20,196 messages
15/10/2013 at 22:39

Martin - Majorca this weekend?... hasn't half crept up!

All the very best with it if I don't make it on here before the weekend - enjoy the post race San Miguel celebrations .... maybe even a celebratory skinny dip in the Med

16/10/2013 at 00:00

6 miles tonight , one more short run tomorrow and that's me on house arrest ! Ricky time goes by very quickly, starting to get excited now , the San Miguel is a definite the skinny dipping depends on the San Miguel, I will keep you posted 

16/10/2013 at 18:55

10 mile last night was couple of our guys doing Dublin , they in great shape hopefully all the hard work will be rewarded with great times for them ....

16/10/2013 at 21:20

4 miles tonight and that's me done , hooray , few days rest now and then off to Majorca 

16/10/2013 at 22:13
All the best with the marathons lads .
17/10/2013 at 10:38

Cheers Leslie 

17/10/2013 at 12:35

Does anyone know any other NI runners taking part in Yorkshire marathon?  Myself & Elaine from Larne AC are heading over to give it a go.  Somehow or other this will be my 10th marathon, and after this one time for leaving the big miles behind for a while!!

Good luck Martin in Majorca!

17/10/2013 at 15:53

Thanks Heather , look forward to hearing about Yorkshire , best of luck 

18/10/2013 at 09:04

I've had a goods weeks training after the tweak in the back last week I seem to have found a bit of pace. I'm hoping this will continue so I can get a season's best at the Seeley.

Good luck to Heather and Martin with their marathons. Looking forward to hearing the reports. Good luck to anyone doing the Springwell XC I won't be there as I'm on a coaching course all weekend.

18/10/2013 at 10:05

Would add my Best Wishes to Heather & Martin in York & Majorca!

Looking at the rain lashing against my office window, reckon there's more chance of Heather swimming along the Yorkshire roads ... but the San Miguel fuelled skinny-dipping is Martin's peserve! Perish the thought!!

18/10/2013 at 11:49

Good man Kenny !!

Alwyn your only jealous of my skinny dipping because you dont want to get your leg warmers wet 

Good luck everyone at Springwell XC

20/10/2013 at 10:39

Taper, Taper, Taper.  It's sooooooo boring.  Nothing to do but obsess about whether or whether or not everyone I go near is going to give me a cold this week,  lol. #hypochondriacMarathonRunner #antibacterialHandgel

20/10/2013 at 22:00

broke in the new runners this morning 14 mile the ascics nimbus felt good long may it continue .

21/10/2013 at 13:15

TLH (& other Dublin Marathoners),

I have to say that, looking at the rain currently falling, I'm looking forward to a week of very little running!

Have adopted a curtailed taper myself. Ran a decently paced 12 miler yesterday in a window of fine weather on the North Coast. Martin has timed his Mallorca trip & marathon well!

I know what you mean, TLH, about picking up others' germs this week! I walked into the office this morning & couldn't hide the alarm from my face at the sound of coughing/sneezing colleagues. Although my own toothache was my major concern. Thankful it flared up over this weekend and not next! Just back from emergency treatment - hopefully short-term pain alleviated ... just the pain of the bill at the completion of root canal treatment to come! 

23/10/2013 at 14:53

Majorca was fabulous but far too warm to run in ! , by midday the temp was 30 degrees , I made the decision to slow down , enjoy it , walk/run some of it and finished in the trailblazing time of 5:13:33 The marathon was very well organised ,good atmosphere, plenty of marshals, water,gel and food stations , some interesting underfoot conditions, cobblestones through winding streets, beach board over sand , some hilly parts but not for any great distance. Palma is a beautiful place and I would thoroughly recommend it , seems this year they had a bit of a heatwave ,temp is usually about 18/20 degrees , Would I do it again ? Absolutely it was great fun !!

23/10/2013 at 17:45

Well done Martin thats another mara box ticked , bit warmer than expected then , 30c is a bit much for that distance

23/10/2013 at 19:20

Leslie ,I was going so slow I nearly stopped for an icecream

23/10/2013 at 20:32

Well done Martin, that's a decent time in that heat!!  I'm not sure if I could cope with those temps, did London in 2007 when in was mid to high 20's & suffered a lot!!

Anyone looking for an Autumn marathon next year not too far from home, go for Yorkshire.  It was a fantastic event!!  Lovely course, not as flat as advertised (when are they ever!) with a very nasty hill at the 26 mile mark , started in city then some nice country roads & finishing back in city.  The weather was perfect, sunny spells & light wind.  Well marshalled, loads of water stations/energy drinks & 2 gel stations.  The crowd support going through the country villages was fantastic.

And to top it all, I got a 16 seconds pb!!!   3.48.35.  This was not at all what I expected as my training had been very up & down.  I took the mad decision at the start line to go out at 8.40/8/45 pace & basically see how long I could last before the wheels came off!   As the miles went on I felt really good & it was around the 23 miles before I started to tire & my pace dropped a bit, but even then nothing too drastic.  Not the ideal way to run a marathon I know, but for once it seemed to work!!

Good luck to everyone running Dublin on Monday, have a brilliant run!!

23/10/2013 at 21:00

Excellent Martin - warm work! Have you any white bits?

Congrats on the PB Heather, sounds like a great event.... well done on the pacing - I have yet to run a marathon were the wheels don't come off at 20 miles!

Feeling decidedly anxious & lacking in confidence for Dublin - had a rubbish run on Sunday and suffering from a few niggles etc.... off for a sports massage tomorrow to see if that helps things

23/10/2013 at 21:03

Heather that's a cracking time , well done , sounds like a nice course 

19,521 to 19,540 of 20,196 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.