Northern Ireland Running

19,701 to 19,720 of 20,242 messages
19/01/2014 at 11:00

DS, what can I say to you and your friend other than, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19/01/2014 at 11:12
You are funny guys lol. You've brightened up my morning.
I've been doing all sorts of random running since Dublin. I've enjoyed doing whichever races I feel like and not worry about long miles or marathon training. No spring road marathon this year. I'll do the Causeway 50km, but I'm not going to kill myself training for it, just take it as it comes. I'm booked to do Munich marathon in October. Quite enjoyed trying xc this winter for the first time. Not very good at it, but they have a great atmosphere at them. I'd recommend it to anyone. Don't assume that xc is only for fast runners. Also, for those that line wearing shorts, no matter what the weather, it's ideal
19/01/2014 at 13:16

Cranking up more miles Martin , 18 this morn cold and a little icy but felt better than last weeks 17 mostly due to me not coming of nightshift this week im guessing.

Ds -funny how people always have a "friend" who might be interested

Hobo-50k sounds tough to me.

Edited: 19/01/2014 at 13:17
19/01/2014 at 13:32

The Snowdon race from July 2013 was shown this morning on Channel 4. It is 10 miles up to the peak at 1085m and back down again but the winner did it in just 1hr 8 mins. Amazing! I noticed at least one Northern Ireland shirt. I walked this route one night as part of the 4 Peaks challenge, and it took us more like 4 hours. If you missed it, it's worth a watch on catch-up.

I did my own 10 mile run this morning, which was the longest run since October. Each week it feels that bit easier and more enjoyable. Getting it back again ...

19/01/2014 at 23:09

TLH, I love how u make a 50k sound easy Is it sign up on the day ? Still thinking about doing it depends how marathon training goes , some good xc action photos of you on NIRunning .

Leslie great mileage , no running today had to work ,Boooo !!! Start official 12 week training plan tomorrow , have signed up for The Great Welsh Marathon in Llanelli (clan-eth-ni) on the 13th April, looking forward to it but real training starts tomorrow 

Paul, you shame me as always , great miles, onwards and upwards !!

20/01/2014 at 14:05
The great Welsh marathon. That has a ring to it. Good luck with the training. Honestly Mark, you'll do grand at the Causeway 50. I don't think you can enter on the day. But if you're marathon fit you'll easily manage it. I panicked about it last year, but there's nothing to worry about. The worst happens is that you walk chunks of it. The scenery is so amazing, you'll want to walk parts just to take it all in.
20/01/2014 at 16:20

5.7 miles yesterday morning. It was a lovely morning for running. Just glad to be back out running.

21/01/2014 at 14:03

First official training day ! 8 miles with 10x100m strides , that is one horrible day out there today !

21/01/2014 at 15:35

Hi, Just wondering has anyone run the Newry marathon in the last few years? I was hoping to run the Kildare marathon here in Ireland in April but it was recently cancelled so have decided to go for Newry on the 25/5/2014 instead. Has anyone run it before? Looking for sub 4:30 on this one.

21/01/2014 at 20:33

Hi Shea.. There are a few regulars on the forum who have run Newry. I did it a few years ago. What would you like to know?

22/01/2014 at 12:34

Afternoon guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good circuit classes in Belfast? Also thinking about possibly doing some crossfit classes, again can anyone recommend any decent ones?

22/01/2014 at 22:01

Kyle, check out Pure Gym in St Anne's Square , lots of classes , circuits left me crippled which I believe is the desired effect, no big contracts etc etc and they do free taster sessions , so might be worth a punt 

23/01/2014 at 09:33

Cheers Martin gonna check this out now!

23/01/2014 at 22:17

Stranmillis circuits is open to anyone , ie no membership,and is excellent..on every day of week i think.

crossfit i'm nit sure about.

23/01/2014 at 22:22

Hi guys , I'm training on the Newry Marathon route which is coming to my hometown of Warrenpoint this year during the Blues Festival . 

A great new route this year and really flat .. great buzz in the area for it ......

23/01/2014 at 23:30

9 miles , lovely night for a run , must admit I love the buzz of running through the city centre at night watching people coming and going as I chalk up the miles 

24/01/2014 at 12:50

Hi Paul

Just wondering what the course route is like, the route on the website is not very clear. Is it mainly in the city or does it go out onto country roads?

24/01/2014 at 13:37

Shea, I only know what is on the website, but it goes between Newry & Warrenpoint along the side of the Narrow Water this year. So it is following the A2 between the city & the town & back. It's different from previous years then which went out north from the city. Kevin would tell you more, but it looks better than before as it is as flat as a pancake and there should be plenty of spectator support in both Newry & Warrenpoint. It looks ideal for a pb.

24/01/2014 at 15:45

I managed 5 miles on Tuesday night and was looking forward to another 5 last night but was unwell. I'm hoping to get out on Sunday but the forecast isn't great.

Good luck with Newry Shea and Kevin sorry can't help as I've never done it.

24/01/2014 at 23:23

Kenny, weathers a bit rubbish, I hope it picks up on Sunday cos I've 12 to do and it wont be until after 5:00pm cos I'm working, Yeuch !! Good luck out there

Kevin/Shea I'm liking the look of that new course but don't think I can squeeze it in this year, was always a bit put off by hilly Newry so it's definitely one for the future, best of luck, let us know how the trainings progressing 

19,701 to 19,720 of 20,242 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.