Northern Ireland Running

19,881 to 19,900 of 20,122 messages
30/04/2014 at 16:59

im doing Belfast. Got number and chip but no tshirt. Not sure with massage.

Good luck.

30/04/2014 at 18:23

Good luck to everyone running Belfast. 

I went against my own advice and have now blagged myself a place on Monday......a friend of a friend of a friend can't run and I've managed to transfer my name onto their place. Temptation just got the better of me! 

30/04/2014 at 20:07

Good luck everyone on Monday

John , I do believe Belfast is going all Dublin and you will receive a "Finishers" shirt with your medal and a goody bag, which is a nice touch ( my Dublin Finishers top is still my favourite)

Louise , panic not you haven't got a stalker !! My sons in your class ( Jesus how old does that make me sound) He's the 17 year old Calvin Klein model called Curtis and I was his guinea pig for his mock training day at L.A Fitness, I'm going on Friday to do his real one that should be a nice wee warm up for Saturday  Though you do need to work on those chin ups 

30/04/2014 at 20:48

Natty-that's the way to do it 

John-sports massage 2 days before a race-don't do it 

Martin/Bacon-enjoy saturday 

Good-luck to all the Belfast mara runners 

Edited: 30/04/2014 at 20:51
30/04/2014 at 21:45
Ha ha ha Martin, that's Hysterical. I will never make a bodybuilder. I did my assessment on Sunday. Wee buns. Fully qualified now. You may make sure Curtis does everything correct first time or you could end up doing a 2 hour work out. I am not joking.
I'm volunteering at Causeway now so I'll hopefully get to see you on the course.

I'll also be supporting the marathon from the Errigle bar a mile from the finish. So make sure any forumites give a wave on the way past. Good luck to you all
30/04/2014 at 23:31

Louise ,his mock was over 2 hours , the things you do for your children ! It wasn't the next day it was 2 days later I was busted , so I think this weekend coupled with a 50 k, I'm thinking Monday I'm gonna be a train wreck, have a sports massage booked for Tuesday morning In fairness I can't even do 1 chin up 

I looked hard at the Mournes but bottled it and thought see what Causeway is like, but closing dates tomorrow so that's one for the future, will keep an eye out for you on Saturday let me know if you're on a particular station and I will try and remember through the delirium , c u Saturday 

01/05/2014 at 12:22

Thanks for the info I will do without a sport massage as I did think it was a bit close but reassurrance has confirmed it.

I look forward to seeing some of you on Monday I am wearing a yellow  Action Duannne charity top with my name on it so please say hi.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend and on Monday,  I look forward to the gossip on Tuesdays forum.

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 12:22
HMM
01/05/2014 at 16:32
Good luck everyone running either at Causeway or BCM. Pacing 4.5 hour group - always a great day out. Conditions looking perfect - fingers crossed for anyone pb chasing.

PS Going to my first Irish league match in over 20 years Then straight up to caravan to catch the C'way 100k late finishers.
01/05/2014 at 23:53

Cheers Peter, sorry not to be doing Belfast but a 2 day window is a bit tight, good luck getting all your ducks in a row , the 4:30 group all looked to be having fun last year so Jim and yourself will just have to up the entertainment 

02/05/2014 at 14:50

All the best tomorrow Martin, looking forward to hearing all about it.

I'm for Belfast on Monday.  If I finish ahead of HMM & crew, it will be a nice bonus.

Good luck to all taking part on the day.  I'm hoping to get to the mini expo over the weekend.

02/05/2014 at 16:46

Paul, best of luck for Monday , I managed to stay in front of Jim and Peter last year (just) 

02/05/2014 at 20:12

Does anyone have a place for Belfast Marathon they wont be using?

I'll buy it if it's going to waste.

Thanks,

Mark

D S
03/05/2014 at 21:37

Good luck to all the forumites running on Monday. I know you're all sensible folks who will be resting and enjoying the last couple of days of tapering. I've decided to use this weekend as my big training weekend for the Celtman triathlon next month. This afternoon I swam a 3.8k Ironman distance swim in Bangor. Tomorrow I'm doing the 225km Gran Fondo stage of the Big Italian Bike Ride from Belfast to Portrush, along the north coast to Ballycastle and back down the coast to Belfast, and on Monday I'll be running the Belfast Marathon. Slowly! If any of you are out and about on the bike route tomorrow please do give me a shout out, I'll need all the support I can get. I'll be in blue Peninsula Tri kit and on Monday I'll be wearing a light grey Willow Foundation  "will of iron" vest.

As well as using these events as part of my training for a one day event I'm fundraising for the Willow Foundation's fantastic work with young adults who have life threatening conditions. I know that at spring marathon time every runner is inundated with good causes, but any support for https://www.justgiving.com/donaldsmith-will-of-iron would be fantastic.

Enjoy marathon day and remember to give me a big cheer as you overtake me.

Cheers,

Donald

04/05/2014 at 00:26
I hope Martin is sitting very still, having a celebratory beer right now. That man looked way too happy and energetic when I seen him at the Half way mark (25km) at the Causeway crossing event today. Sorry I couldn't stay to see you finish, my taxi came lol
HMM
04/05/2014 at 00:30
MarkD - u get sorted yet?
04/05/2014 at 06:48

No Peter - nothing yet. I got close as my neighbours boyfriend had a place but cant find the chip and bib.

Need any backup pacers?

Edited: 04/05/2014 at 07:28
04/05/2014 at 16:19

How did you get on Martin you were going well at Portbalintrae like LH I had to leave before you finished.

15.7K this morning I went OK until the last couple of mile when yesterday and a bit of dehydration caught up with me. Used the old tip of counting to 100 over and over again to get me to the finish.

Good luck to all running tomorrow. I won't promise you'll see me but I'll see how I get on this evening getting some work cleared up.

04/05/2014 at 16:49

Two fellas running barefoot tomorrow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27258380

05/05/2014 at 08:49

hi folks

all the best to everyone running in Belfast today. a great event.

Is anyone taking part in the Surf and Turf North in Co Derry a week on saturday? I'm in Portrush on holiday and fancied it. is it a good event?

Also considered maybe the Lee Jones Memorial 10K in belfast on the friday night.

05/05/2014 at 19:04

Dude , Les Jones is a great race , Surf n turf North is a new race but I train on Benone Strand a lot and it's a fabulous place to run , i might have a crack at it if I'm not working .

Louise , Kenny , Thankyou for your support on Saturday it was greatly appreciated , I had an absolute ball and loved every bit of it , I followed Paul's advice and didn't try anything fancy I just wanted to get round , so it took me over 7:30 hours, how much more I have no idea yet as I purposefully left my Garmin at home.  I would recommend having a crack at this race to anyone ,nice bunch of people , breathtaking views of our fabulous coastline and beer at the finish line !!!

19,881 to 19,900 of 20,122 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.