Oban .v. Windsor

7 messages
03/10/2002 at 08:55
Having run Windsor on Sunday (v. hilly, v. hot) I notice that the Oban half is on this Sunday.
Does any have any experience of this one as I thought I would try it as I am in that neck of the woods at the weekend.
Do you think I will crash and burn if I do 2 halfs so close together. I did Windsor in just over 2 hours and have only done an easy 3 miles so far this week. Advise greatly received !
03/10/2002 at 09:15
Hello Susie,

Congradulations on doing windsor half! I am doing the oban half this sunday myself:And this will be my first
getting a little anxious:I am expecting to do it in about 2hrs ten/twenty,fingers crossed.As when I
ran in the paisley pattern road race 10K, my time was 1hr/6mins
I am not sure if i am the right person to be saying to go for it or not:As I have only been running
a few months.Think I will leave it to the more experienced ruinners out their.

Also susie:they are having a pasta party in the atlantis leisure centre on the saturaday night
and it costs £2.50:This is if you decide to come along and do it.

So if you would like any company,just give me a shout!!Maybe see you their!!

flipper!!
03/10/2002 at 09:22
Thanks Sharon,
I was a bit worrried as I saw that the max.number was only 150 however now that you say you are doing it then I might just give it a go. I won't be around on the Saturday night as I am staying in Lochgoilhead which is 1.5hrs away so I will travel up Sunday morning.
Thanks for the reply and best of luck !
03/10/2002 at 09:37
Hello Susie,

Thanks for you reply:Hope to see you their on sunday morning:Mind you did not realise they
are only having a max of 150:Because when they sent out the details,they did not send out
any race numbers with it.They are also taking registration up until 11.30:Then the race starts
at 12.00:All goes well.

Good luck yourself!!
flipper
03/10/2002 at 11:51
Susie,if you feel up to it then do it. Just start off at a nice steady pace and if you feel ok after 1/2 way just go pick up the pace.

Have a good rest next week though!
05/10/2002 at 17:09
I did Guildford Half (local race) and then Windsor Half the next weekend. In Guildford I took it easy and had fun talking to people and ran 2h7m38s. In Windsor, a hillier course, I concentrated, didn't talk to anyone, put in a real effort and ran in 2h7m19s. So it is possible to do two in a row. Maybe if you worked hard at Windsor, you just want to try to enjoy this other race?
Go for it!
08/10/2002 at 13:07
Hello susie,

How are you feeling! My legs are still a bit sore and tight:I have my training tonight out at the
track.But I think i will take it easy,until the legs loosen off again.But once again it was really
nice speaking to you :And also putting a name to a face.Speak to you later.
Take care!!
Sharon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.