one for us struggling....

weight loss

701 to 714 of 714 messages
02/02/2006 at 09:31
Hi,

How is everyone? Its been really quiet in here recently...

Take care
Eleanor
15/03/2006 at 08:22
Hi everyone

Eleanor how are things with you? Still training/doing tri's?

Judex and I did a tri that had to be a duathlon on Sunday - we had snow so they said it was too cold to swim then go out in the cold. We really enjoyed it.

I think the half IM is going to be really tough.

LL
15/03/2006 at 08:56
Hi,

It's been a long time, how is everyone ?
As you can see I have changed my name - he he.

X
15/03/2006 at 10:20
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about you all and wondering how everyone has been. I find, still training away. I was very proud of myself on Monday night as I did a really good 10km run with a 2.5km hard hill and I didn't stop on it!

Due to the weather here its been pretty difficult to train but I am back into it. I am starting my heavy half ironman training in a month's time! So that is going to be difficult but good!

How is everyone else doing?

Take care
Eleanor
15/03/2006 at 10:57
Hi,

When is your half IM Eleanor ?

Well, as Lles said earlier we did a Tri that changed to a duathlon in the snow last weekend !!! it was my first so am very pleased with how it went, I don't think that I have ever been so nervous in my life & I dare say I will do it all over again & have all the same nerves back again, we must be mad.
We are hoping that spring will come soon & we can get out on the bike more, it is so difficult as you know.

Speak soon
X
15/03/2006 at 13:33
Hi

I am hoping to get into the Vitruvian Triathlon on 9th September, which is half IM distances. Apparently it is a really fun race, whether you can put fun and half IM in the same sentence we'll see. It is at Rutland water, which I know. I'm not racing at all until May because I don't want my confidence to be knocked because I've not been able to be constant with my training due to weather, snow and sub zero temperatures! But its all coming along nicely.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your first tri. Welcome to the tri world!

LLes are you still doing your half IM, you must be starting to train pretty heavily now.

Take care
Eleanor
15/03/2006 at 14:03
Yes I am still doing it. Had a bit of time off lately and starting to get back into training. That said my swimming is coming on, Jude and I swam 2600m the other day! (It did almost kill me!)

When the evenings get lighter I will be able to go on the bike 3 times a week I hope. Until then just keeping up with running. Cycling and swimming mainly weekends.

The Vitruvian is popular on RW forum.
09/04/2006 at 18:25
Hi Everyone,

Eleanor can you send me a quick mail, am struggling to understand the Austria trains, I thought you might have used them or at least be able to answer some questions. Many thanks
Hope you are well, catch up soon hopefully

x (aka Judex)
09/05/2006 at 10:26
How is everyone doing? LLes not long until your half ironman, how is the training going?

Take care
Eleanor
11/05/2006 at 10:07
Training is going quite well. Less than 6 weeks to go! I think it is going to be really hard. Not sure if I will be able to complete it in the cut off times but going to give it my best shot.

Are you still training? Have you done any tri's recently? I did a sprint last weekend and have an open water tri this weekend.
11/05/2006 at 15:01
I am pleased to hear that LLes. I haven't done any tris yet this year as I have a half marathon in two weeks which I've been training for. I have a load of exams coming up as well, so life is a bit mad. I am not sure whether I am going to do the half IM this year though due to time for the training.

I am sure you'll be fine... training is the only way forward with these things I think. Good luck with the open water, its tough!

Take care
Eleanor
28/09/2006 at 16:23
Hey,

How is everyone, haven't heard from you all for a while. LLes how is the training going? Thinking of doing a full IM yet? I've applied for FLM so keep your fingers crossed I get a place!! Then reality will kick in!

Take care everyone
Eleanor
05/05/2011 at 04:25
Running will do it, but only if you stop eating after dinner-fast from 7pm to 7am and then "break the fast" with breakfast-very simple and very true--try it, it works-the weight will melt away. In the meantime develop a taste for healthy, wholesome foods; good luck to all!
21/09/2011 at 05:48
I got an email a while ago and there was a pic of Nigella Lawson and Gillian Mckeith. They are both the same age. I know who Id prefer to look like. Love my food

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
701 to 714 of 714 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.