Organisation 100%

How do you score 100% in RW Event Ratings?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
06/08/2009 at 07:52

I've only done one race (Edinburgh marathon) where there was a porta-urinal but it can make a big difference to the loo queue.  Just make sure you put really obvious signs to it, so the blokes don't stand in the queue until they finally get to the front and realise it's there.

In Paris they solved the problem a different way, all the blokes just weed everywhere!

06/08/2009 at 10:39

I'm happy to pee in the bushes if there are some , but in city races there usually arent!

The major problem seems to be that race organisers use equal amounts of loos for men and women when women take longer so really they should have more loos - blackpool half was a case in point - huge queue for the ladies no queue for the mens (I just went in the mens in the end ), but it was still a great race so the loo thing doesnt ruin a race for me...

More important for me are nice marshalls, starting on time and speedy results

13/08/2009 at 11:51

It could be hard to get full points because people are sometimes more likely to leave feedback when they have something negative to say?! I'm sure this is not always the case with runners but can be apparent in other areas eg those leaving feedback on hotel/trip websites.

Plus, 100% suggests perfection - perhaps people who grade less can think of one or more small improvements that would be possible and therefore a "perfect" score isn't awarded.

Orienteering races often have a mens urinal wall which tends to work well. They never split mens' and womens' portable loos as this just leads to empty toilets with people waiting. The loo question is tough because they are very expensive and as mentioned here, they are used constantly for a short period of time, then very little for the remainder. In an area where there are fewer bushes and other concealed "natural loos", it's definitely important to have more.

I'd rather pay less for an event and queue for a "reasonable" time, ie up to 5 minutes. That said, it's pretty stressful if you're in a loo queue and you should be warming up or getting to your start position. I don't envy organisers who have to make the decision!

13/08/2009 at 12:50
We managed to get 98% overall and 97% for organisation http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=45014
13/08/2009 at 12:59

Not seen a 100%, 100 % event but these two must be close..

98%, 99% Mick n Phil

96%, 98% Hogweed Hilly

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.