our trans-atlantic cousins

I've tried engaging them in light hearted banter....

10 messages
03/12/2004 at 14:06
...in a forum and this is the sort of thing I get in response....

"I love to dance in the rain, it cleanses the soul, and look how powerful rain dancing was and is for our native-american brothers and sisters,"

Oh, for goodness sake - lighten up!
03/12/2004 at 14:09
Oo-er! Best stay this side of the pond then eh?
However, over on the Mature Thread we have a resident of S.Carolina who must have lots of British genes in him from somewhere - he even does irony!!!
03/12/2004 at 14:18
I've always found the contributors on US RW forum good sports and whenever I've been on there I've always been touched by how welcoming (and indulgent) they are to the likes of me.

(Chimp's eyes mist over at the antics of Baby Jingles)
03/12/2004 at 14:21
Yes, but did the experience help to cleanse your soul?
03/12/2004 at 14:24
Baby Jingles??

Well he cleansed the back of wee piglet's neck but that's an extremely long tale.
03/12/2004 at 14:24
Thanks Chimp for the reminder; Baby Jingles and his total sincerity will remain imprinted in my memory for many years to come. It is rare to come across a man with such willingness to share details of his 'little probems'.
03/12/2004 at 14:25
And no, my soul didn';t feel cleansed afterwards, but the laughter did me a power of good on a dark and stormy night
03/12/2004 at 14:27
"Cleansing the back of wee piglet's neck" ... is that an american equivelant of "choking the bishop"?
03/12/2004 at 14:36
...or piddling on a pig?
03/12/2004 at 14:45
If I'd been drinking coffee, it'd be all over my monitor now. Instead it's just snot on the keyboard.

:-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.